{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon [refused permission to speak to Evans]

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon [refused permission to speak to Evans]

Postby Waggy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:56 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Foxy wrote:Alan Archibald into 3-1 for Swindon Town manager

https://www.skybet.com/football/special ... r-specials

Steve Evans still 1/3. The bookies with their finger right on the pulse of League Two there.

He's also 25/1 for the Wigan job - do we need a press conference with the Radfords and Evans to confirm he's not going?
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 am

Perhaps SE going to Zero Hour Contract on all 3 jobs
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 am

Steve Evans is going nowhere he's doing his job building us a team, he has released a statement now let Swindon talk about it lets us concentrate on next season's push.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 17, 2017 9:20 am

Waggy wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Steve Evans still 1/3. The bookies with their finger right on the pulse of League Two there.

He's also 25/1 for the Wigan job - do we need a press conference with the Radfords and Evans to confirm he's not going?

That's Paul Cooks by the looks of it.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Waggy wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

That's Paul Cooks by the looks of it.

he'll stay at Pompey. Again the bookies haven't got a clue.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am

Thought Cook had welcomed the link to Wigan? Would be a lot closer to home for him.

And no we don't need a press conference, if he did a press conference every time he got linked with a job he would never be doing anything else.
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Thought Cook had welcomed the link to Wigan?

Cook is also said to be fuming over subsequent claims he would welcome talks with former club Wigan.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7963062
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Conker » Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 am

For me, I can't stand the way Evans comes across like little Mansfield are lucky to have him.

He's talking like he's not content being here.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Waggy » Wed May 17, 2017 10:08 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Thought Cook had welcomed the link to Wigan? Would be a lot closer to home for him.

And no we don't need a press conference, if he did a press conference every time he got linked with a job he would never be doing anything else.

Irony free zone!
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Herts Stag » Wed May 17, 2017 10:52 am

Conker, we are lucky to have him. DO you thjnk we could have attracted Digby, Anderson, Spencer or Diamond without him. We are little old Mansfield Town. Now we are MTFC with ambition and professionalism thanks to JR and SE.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 am

Herts Stag wrote:Conker, we are lucky to have him. DO you thjnk we could have attracted Digby, Anderson, Spencer or Diamond without him. We are little old Mansfield Town. Now we are MTFC with ambition and professionalism thanks to JR and SE.

The same Spencer, Anderson & Diamond who have played for mighty & massive Burton, Cambridge, Notts County, Northampton...

Come off it, i'm a fan of Evans but some of our fans are treating him like some sort of messiah who can tempt anyone & everyone to come to MTFC.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 am

James wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:Conker, we are lucky to have him. DO you thjnk we could have attracted Digby, Anderson, Spencer or Diamond without him. We are little old Mansfield Town. Now we are MTFC with ambition and professionalism thanks to JR and SE.

The same Spencer, Anderson & Diamond who have played for mighty & massive Burton, Cambridge, Notts County, Northampton...

Come off it, i'm a fan of Evans but some of our fans are treating him like some sort of messiah who can tempt anyone & everyone to come to MTFC.

Agreed.

I'm not doubting his ability to get promotions and attract players (it's the money that's more important though) but the way he's going about is distasteful at best - and like mentioned how he's treated like the almighty god on here is beyond embarrassing.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am

Conker wrote:
James wrote:

Agreed.

I'm not doubting his ability to get promotions and attract players (it's the money that's more important though) but the way he's going about is distasteful at best - and like mentioned how he's treated like the almighty god on here is beyond embarrassing.

Can't you just be happy we are signing players before the season has finished? Anderson and Diamond are the sort of players we need to complement the excellent players we already have. Evans is not my cup of tea either, but I do think he will bring us success and that is what is most important.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am

Players are signing because of JR's wallet, not Evans's sparkling charm.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am

I think we should sack evans and get a raspberries manager who takes punts on non league grunts in the hope it somehow pays off...

Evans is no god, but he is attracting some good players. Not all 11 of our starting line are gonna be marquee name signings. He is signing league one/championship level players and to me that is nothing but a positive thing

you lot could find something to moan about if evo took us to the champions league final
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
James wrote:

Agreed.

Can't you just be happy we are signing players before the season has finished? Anderson and Diamond are the sort of players we need to complement the excellent players we already have. Evans is not my cup of tea either, but I do think he will bring us success and that is what is most important.

I am happy mate, dno why you would suggest otherwise clearly it's going to be a good season coming up.

Also don't be childish bobby, nobody is saying they want that.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Cant believe some of the negativity on here sometimes.
Here we have top manager who has sorted out already in the space of about less than 2 weeks 4 quality signings and got rid of all the dead wood asked for the pitch to be upgraded and people still complaining

Get behind SE and what he is trying to do.
His personality to me is how he is, take him or leave him but don't do him down when he is trying to get us up.

Maybe some would like Adam back who was a great bloke on the twitter and mail with bags of kindness, honesty and a bit of personality in his own enthusiastic way but not capable of getting the club up up and away in a million years.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm

I can't believe some people on here it's the same blinkered morons who can't help having a dig at the job people are trying to achieve... if you want to watch rubbish go n support someone else...

STOP using this forum to make utter pointless comments that I'm sure you only say on here because your sad lonely individuals
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm

It comes back to the same old thing we look at this as Stags fans, Steve Evans is not a stags fan he is a football and Steve Evans fan. He is very savvy and will do all he can to get himself in the best position in his current role and that's fine. He will also be very careful not to cut off any future potential employers by saying "I wouldn't go there" and that's fair enough as well he is here to do a job and he is doing it well. I think every fan is happy with the calibre of player we are signing and admittedly that's in no small part to Mr Evans I think it's just not sitting well with some that his attitude sometimes possibly falsely comes across that he is bigger than the club.

I have seen endless fawning over him, people say they are not getting a ticket if he goes and all kinds of other things and while everyone has their own opinion mine is that that is embarrassing.

I am not moaning about the process and as I have said before I think he is being very shrewd targeting good quality players from higher divisions who haven't got to relocate far and giving them early security. Tie all of them together and its a tempting combination. I think he is paying good money not ridiculous money and is building a very good squad and I am very optimistic for next year.

Bearing in mind our previous none too recent history I don't think anyone who has concerns about mortgaging our future to be called a moron or sad is a bit much. My view is that JR will spend what he sees as affordable and I have faith he will not endanger what he and all the staff have worked so hard for for short term success.

We as fans should be enjoying this some will be more cautious than others some more optimistic but that's life we should however all be pulling together and supporting the club regardless.
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Some people's inability to understand different opinions on here is pathetic.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed May 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Conker wrote:Some people's inability to understand different opinions on here is pathetic.

I agree, there is definitely a right and wrong way to disagree with someone. Anyway, I don't think you're a moron and think your points are worthy of a more adult discussion. I do think this is the most exciting time to be Stag in decades.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm

One thing is sure, we couldn't attract a manager much better than Evans. We are lucky to have him imo. Not many managers better in league 2 or even league 1. Feel free to name better and as successful managers that would come to our little corner of Albion!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:One thing is sure, we couldn't attract a manager much better than Evans. We are lucky to have him imo. Not many managers better in league 2 or even league 1. Feel free to name better and as successful managers that would come to our little corner of Albion!!!

Very true, but does that mean we should just be happy with every bit of the circus that comes with having Evans?

I completely agree that we all know what was coming, and i'm more than comfortable with most of it (the touchline antics, the bans etc etc) but some of the stuff that has been said & come out since the 'Qatar' interest has been disrepectful to the club & chairman who employed him when he was out of a job, in my opinion.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sunray » Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Steve Evans said he would ideally like to manage Celtic but if not he would like to manage Rangers and take them down. Lets hope we don't substitute Swindon for Celtic and Mansfield for Rangers
sunray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby JimmyMac » Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Evens now on skybet :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum