{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

LEAGUE 2 play offs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: LEAGUE 2 play offs

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 18, 2017 10:32 pm

well I wonder what the odds were on both games being 5-5 on aggregate after 94 minutes, and then being 6-5 a minute later and finishing that way? Quite astonishing and truly unbelievable entertainment.

Mind you given that Steve Evans is STILL the favourite for the Swindon job on Skybet, the odds wouldn't make any sense anyway.

I watched the Luton game and would not have called Blackpool winning it halfway through the second half. A little bit of justice for Hylton's dive for the penalty I think.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Absolutely brilliant matches to watch. I'd got them both on at the same time & couldn't take my eyes off the screen. So proud to be a fan of a league two club after that. Well done to all four teams for showing the other 8 teams how it's done
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Really surprised to see blackpool in the final to be honest, with their owner and all that many tipped them to go down again but Bowyer has done a good job there
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Agree with the above, 4 great games producing 22 goals. Puts the Championship to shame with only 5 goals over 4 games. It was like 2 bantamweights going toe to toe while the cruiserweights are cautiously circling each other not willing to throw a punch
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:13 am

one f in mansfield wrote:The Danny Hylton dive should be used as an example for the new diving ban and shown repeatedly on TV every time the new ruling is discussed. The bewildered look on his face when the Blackpool player refused to shake his hand was bettered by the look of disgust , contempt and hatred in the Blackpool players eyes .
And some want him here. I hope it doesn't happen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby edwinscott » Fri May 19, 2017 6:21 am

Does this result mean that Luton go straight into the group stages for the champions league? Asking for Ollie :lol:
edwinscott
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 am

Just watched the highlights, fantastic entertainment.

So, two dives from Horrible Hylton, one given one not but karma worked in the end :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri May 19, 2017 6:56 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Really surprised to see blackpool in the final to be honest, with their owner and all that many tipped them to go down again but Bowyer has done a good job there

I'm hearing that a lot of Blackpool fans will be sticking to their guns and not attending Wembley in protest at the owners. Any money that can go into the pocket of the owner is money they won't spend. Given Exeter's poor following, it could be a very low attendance at Wembley.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri May 19, 2017 7:00 am

edwinscott wrote:Does this result mean that Luton go straight into the group stages for the champions league? Asking for Ollie :lol:

No. They now qualify for the World Cup 2022, they are far to good for Champs league
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Really surprised to see blackpool in the final to be honest, with their owner and all that many tipped them to go down again but Bowyer has done a good job there

I thought Blackpool were one of the better teams to visit the mill.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am

If you want any evidence to show that L2 is the most entertaining league, last nights play offs is it!!!

Hope Exeter go up.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 am

Gary Bowyer has worked a miracle at Blackpool, fair play to him.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

Amber Andy wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:The Danny Hylton dive should be used as an example for the new diving ban and shown repeatedly on TV every time the new ruling is discussed. The bewildered look on his face when the Blackpool player refused to shake his hand was bettered by the look of disgust , contempt and hatred in the Blackpool players eyes .
And some want him here. I hope it doesn't happen.

You could be referring to me Andy, so I feel entitled to say, having watched the dive myself, I now don't want him here either!
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:If you want any evidence to show that L2 is the most entertaining league, last nights play offs is it!!!

Hope Exeter go up.

Don't think Steve Evans would agree after their celebratory antics at the Mill, when Reuben Reids last minute dive puts any tumble Danny Hylton takes in the box to shame.

For me, I would have preferred Luton to go up....we want the bigger threats ou the way for next season and Donny, Plymouth, Pompey and Luton would have been the big 4.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Postby london amber stag » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

I don't like Exeter either, Reuben Reid's antics that day were appalling. At the station afterwards we had to contend with Exeter fans crowing about their fabulous team, it was very hard to contain myself! Their last minute goals have got them to Wembley.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 19, 2017 11:01 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

I thought Blackpool were one of the better teams to visit the mill.

I was very impressed when we played them at home , they looked better than some of the other top six
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Blackpool is the better away day !
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum