{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Ticket Prices

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Ticket Prices

Postby Stoney » Fri May 12, 2017 9:18 pm

I've only just seen the pay on the day prices. Gutted at that, I'm starting a new job in November which means I won't make all the home games anymore but £24 is ridiculous.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Stoney wrote:I've only just seen the pay on the day prices. Gutted at that, I'm starting a new job in November which means I won't make all the home games anymore but £24 is ridiculous.

£20 lower tier in advance????
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Stoney wrote:I've only just seen the pay on the day prices. Gutted at that, I'm starting a new job in November which means I won't make all the home games anymore but £24 is ridiculous.

Was going off prices on this thread mate, double checked and it's an over exaggeration, my bad!

I might treat myself to a season ticket anyway and just hope I can make 15+ home games and don't lose out too much.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 pm

I know that I benefit from the Over 60's discount, but my IGU season ticket worked out at less than £12 a match last season.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 pm

sunray wrote:I thought the supporters had a representative on the clubs board are they really representing the fans especially the younger ones.

Both Notts County and Chesterfield have cheaper match day prices for their younger supporters, their future adult fan base. There will be more younger away stags fans than at home matchs.

SFU have repeatedly made the point about looking after the kids and families by having cheap junior and family tickets, including as recently as 25th April.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Stoney wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Was going off prices on this thread mate, double checked and it's an over exaggeration, my bad!

I might treat myself to a season ticket anyway and just hope I can make 15+ home games and don't lose out too much.

If you're 'wised up' you won't bud. On the days you can't make it give ticket to a mate and say 'if you give me X amount of £s then you can borrow my ST for that game'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 pm

So, we just start building the fan base up again, and the these match day prices come along and the rug is pulled from under the supporters again.
Last time I looked, we were in the same division as last year. Everything is just promises at the moment, but we are expected to pay as if we have already made the jump of two divisions. These rises will set the club back months, attractive football or not, this is a POOR area of the country, and families around here cannot, and will not keep absorbing increases on this scale.
If this has not been apparent to the club, especially when the two for one offers have been on, then it never will be.
I am in full time employment, in a reasonably paid job, but even for me, I will not be attending all games next season. £24 for this league is obscene, and after 45 years of attending every match, I will pick and choose my games.
Will anybody at the club take notice. Will they care? I suspect that as long as the hospitality suites are full, everything will be rosy.
Good luck Steve, with your exciting new team and a three quarters empty ground!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm

A few people are stating that £24 is "too much" or "obscene" for the pay as you go fan.

In the interest of balance you can "pay as you go" for £20 a game.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat May 13, 2017 12:00 am

I don't think any increases on prices is acceptable.

I wish the EFL took action and made £20 the limit for a ticket.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

I said when JR 'backed Evo 100%' that it'd be interesting to see whether the fan base'd do the same, to give a tiny bit extra to help. Seems as though the fans want a better class of footy for 2/6d but are quite ok to let someone else foot the bill.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 13, 2017 6:02 am

They want to see better quality on the field, but begrudge paying a bit extra for it. I think this idea that JR should foot the entire promotion project is wrong. I echo what already has been said, there are ways to attend cheaper but some just look at the dearest price and moan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 13, 2017 6:29 am

So are we also saying we want better, more successful football and it's acceptable that the bill for that will be picked up, in a large part, by price rises for the youth? Except it won't because they just won't come and then it'll be grumbles about the town not backing the club and JR.

I despair and I'm now completely convinced that there is no plan or desire to attract the next generation.
Last edited by DoomMerchant on Sat May 13, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 am

MTFCMAD wrote:£24 to sit upper tier for adults and £16 for an 7 year old.

Shocking

Good season ticket prices though.

24 on the day prices?

Absolutely rediculous price.

How many games should you attend before its worthwhile buying a ST? I don't want to pay that. 24 for L2 is disgusting.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat May 13, 2017 7:56 am

QUESTION: Has anyone got a list of pay on the gate prices at other lge2 clubs for the next season sitting in the best seats. i.e equivalent to the IGU?

I agree it seems steep at £24 but what is the going rate in this division?
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Where else is the money going to come from to fund this promotion push? If we're gonna have a top 6 budget then gate prices are gonna have to be a couple quid extra. I guess Zander Diamond and our incoming 20 goal a season striker's wages won't be cheap!
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 13, 2017 8:12 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:£24 to sit upper tier for adults and £16 for an 7 year old.

Shocking

Good season ticket prices though.

24 on the day prices?

Absolutely rediculous price.

How many games should you attend before its worthwhile buying a ST? I don't want to pay that. 24 for L2 is disgusting.

But you can get it cheaper. Why pay on the day? If someone intends to go to the majority of games then surely purchasing a season ticket is the answer at less than £13 per game. If someone is only going to a handful of games you can get a cheaper ticket by purchasing in advance. The club cannot charge the away fans more on the day than the home fans. Given that there will be some games next season with a large away following I can understand why the club are charging £24.

The other thing to consider is the "special offers " that the club are allowed to do usually around Christmas when money is a little tighter. I know it upset some of those who purchase a season ticket year on year. Personally I think it is a good thing, but can only be done on a limited basis. The idea is of course is to try and attract more permanent fans. I'm not convinced it did. But I'm sure JR will do something similar this season.

I accept we all have a budget. I can only spend so much of my budget on football. I chose not to go to away games because I can't afford it. I also can't afford to go for a couple of pints before the game. You cut your cloth accordingly. But I accept if I am going to watch a team with better than average league 2 players rather than the average league 2 players it is going to cost me a little bit more
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 13, 2017 8:19 am

Amber Andy wrote:They want to see better quality on the field, but begrudge paying a bit extra for it. I think this idea that JR should foot the entire promotion project is wrong. I echo what already has been said, there are ways to attend cheaper but some just look at the dearest price and moan.

But surely the point that is being made is if the prices are attractive together with better performances on the pitch, then the numbers will INCREASE - thus contributing to "the 100% Backing of SE" pledged by the Radfords.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat May 13, 2017 8:33 am

Did people honestly think that the Evans war chest was going to come solely out of JRs pocket. And people grumbling about paying £24. Sit in the IGL or QL for £22. Better still decide the day before and pay £20. Even better get a membership card for QL and pay £17. After 8 games the card fee of £35 has been paid. Simples
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sat May 13, 2017 9:02 am

Anyone else thinking of getting the Platinum hospitality only £1100?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:They want to see better quality on the field, but begrudge paying a bit extra for it. I think this idea that JR should foot the entire promotion project is wrong. I echo what already has been said, there are ways to attend cheaper but some just look at the dearest price and moan.

But surely the point that is being made is if the prices are attractive together with better performances on the pitch, then the numbers will INCREASE - thus contributing to "the 100% Backing of SE" pledged by the Radfords.

I think there are two separate issues here. Not many regulars would be surprised or even begrudge a price increase on ST or adult premium tickets by way of our contribution to Evo's warchest. I fully expected my ST to go up and wasn't bothered in the least by the prospect, so getting the early bird was a very pleasant and unnecessary surprise (but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth).

BUT the walk up price for U18 is stupidly expensive, it will deter U18s from coming, and has been said over & over this is the demographic that will secure the long term future of the club. The aspect I find really puzzling about the clubs attitude, is that unaccompanied U18s paying on the gate must make up a tiny part of the clubs fan base at the moment (simply because the club actively discourages them from coming), so the club really would have had nothing to lose & everything to gain by making U18 walk up prices as cheap as possible.

The £7 with a QLE membership is a great price, but it's requiring a teenager (remember how your brain worked as a teenager) to cough up money up front for a membership & commit to going to all the games to recoup their upfront costs. The teenage brain just doesn't work like that.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat May 13, 2017 9:25 am

Will be at the club next week to order two season tickets, dip your bread in folks.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 am

The membership card cost for U18 is £15 so they only need to go to 4 games to make it pay. The downside is expecting them to remember to get their tickets in advance. They also have until the start of the season to save the £15. However I agree with those who think we are charging the kids too much. Why not make it cheaper for the u11s when accompanied by an adult so those parents with more than one child can take them into the family section at an affordable price.
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 am

If I purchase my IGU senior ST by the end of May, I will pay the same as last year (£270)

I consider that to be excellent value.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat May 13, 2017 10:23 am

Bros wrote:Did people honestly think that the Evans war chest was going to come solely out of JRs pocket. And people grumbling about paying £24. Sit in the IGL or QL for £22. Better still decide the day before and pay £20. Even better get a membership card for QL and pay £17. After 8 games the card fee of £35 has been paid. Simples

Excellent post Bros, people on here moan for the sake of moaning. They always state the worst case scenario regarding pay on the day. I travel up from the south, print my tickets online and never pay on the day. Very few people make a spontaneous decision on a Saturday to attend a match in the busy lives we all lead.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat May 13, 2017 10:49 am

Sneag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I think there are two separate issues here. Not many regulars would be surprised or even begrudge a price increase on ST or adult premium tickets by way of our contribution to Evo's warchest. I fully expected my ST to go up and wasn't bothered in the least by the prospect, so getting the early bird was a very pleasant and unnecessary surprise (but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth).

BUT the walk up price for U18 is stupidly expensive, it will deter U18s from coming, and has been said over & over this is the demographic that will secure the long term future of the club. The aspect I find really puzzling about the clubs attitude, is that unaccompanied U18s paying on the gate must make up a tiny part of the clubs fan base at the moment (simply because the club actively discourages them from coming), so the club really would have had nothing to lose & everything to gain by making U18 walk up prices as cheap as possible.

The £7 with a QLE membership is a great price, but it's requiring a teenager (remember how your brain worked as a teenager) to cough up money up front for a membership & commit to going to all the games to recoup their upfront costs. The teenage brain just doesn't work like that.

I do, of course, agree with you and Doomy over junior pricing, however, I do think as a parent of a 15 year old, if I wanted them to get into the ground cheaper I think I would buy them the QLE membership and would remind them to get their ticket before the game. £7 then represents outstanding value. I do think it should be £7 anyway, but if it was the club would lose income from away support as they would have to charge the same. The membership scheme is a way around this. It is impossible for the club to please everyone, but in the QLE scheme they have given the opportunity for cheap admission without affecting income gained from, say, 300 U18 Notts Co supporters etc, etc.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum