{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Ticket Prices

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Ticket Prices

Postby part time pete » Fri May 12, 2017 1:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I appreciate this is a query better directed to the club but just wondered if anyone had prior experience. If I am buying a season ticket as a new customer, how do I know if the seat I select has been taken or not? Very good offer by the club.

You will not be able to buy a seat that is was a season ticket seat until after the 9th June

So if you want the early bird offer then you can't have a seat that was a season ticket seat last season.
Can't see us scoring enough goals. - 23rd July
Can't see us scoring enough goals - 12th March
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 pm

robda1st wrote:Can't see a 10% rise in match tickets prices encouraging more through the door but glad to see the family section continuing next season :)

Agreed, slightly under the radar on this thread that, £22 and £24 for casual supporters next year (for pay on the day), can't see a stampede for that on the day of a match.

Cracking Season Ticket offer though, that is good news.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 12, 2017 1:34 pm

part time pete wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I appreciate this is a query better directed to the club but just wondered if anyone had prior experience. If I am buying a season ticket as a new customer, how do I know if the seat I select has been taken or not? Very good offer by the club.

You will not be able to buy a seat that is was a season ticket seat until after the 9th June

So if you want the early bird offer then you can't have a seat that was a season ticket seat last season.

Thanks Pete, appreciate that but I think you have to pick a seat on the form but how do I know which seats are taken?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri May 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Best bet is to phone up and they will tell you and fill in form for you and take card details there and then over the phone.
Can't see us scoring enough goals. - 23rd July
Can't see us scoring enough goals - 12th March
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Having a season ticket will probably ensure priority for Chesterfield away too.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Fri May 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Grateful for the early bird deal but think the single ticket price increase won't go down well.

One thing i dont get is why ST prices are the same for each stand. Surely a QLE ST should be less than the IGU given they clesrly think IGU is worth more based on match day prices.
Last edited by Jamie on Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Forget the season ticket prices, look at the prices on the gates for the youth.

This club will never ever ever EVER learn. They are basically excluding people who got in to Mtfc, such as me. Forget your big budgets and promotions when you're not interested in putting everything in to encouraging the youth of the town. HELLO, ANYBODY LISTENING? TEENAGERS WITHOUT PARENTS WHO GIVE A CRAP ABOUT FOOTBALL DON'T GET SEASON TICKETS.

Different year, exactly the same absolute bullshit.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Taken all the money out my Stags Player savings Piggy Bank to top up the ST fund and I'm off now to t'Mill to see if they'll accept £29 in 10's n 5's. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 12, 2017 2:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Forget the season ticket prices, look at the prices on the gates for the youth.

This club will never ever ever EVER learn. They are basically excluding people who got in to Mtfc, such as me. Forget your big budgets and promotions when you're not interested in putting everything in to encouraging the youth of the town. HELLO, ANYBODY LISTENING? TEENAGERS WITHOUT PARENTS WHO GIVE A CRAP ABOUT FOOTBALL DON'T GET SEASON TICKETS.

Yer wasting your breath mate.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Fri May 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Forget the season ticket prices, look at the prices on the gates for the youth.

Yer wasting your breath mate.

I dont think £12 for a match ticket for a U17 in advance is a bad price. Kids pay a tenner for a packet of fags these days!
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby eggy » Fri May 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Up to £16 to take a 7 year old kid is nothing short of disgraceful pricing. Short-sighted lunacy.

And less than three weeks to get a season ticket, or you're paying £340, and nearly £100 for a kid. Will that make us the most expensive L2 club for a basic season ticket, again?
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Fri May 12, 2017 3:34 pm

And for an adult + 1 child, it's cheaper to buy an individual family ticket for each match than get a season ticket at the non-early bird prices. Has JR's abacus broken?
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri May 12, 2017 3:36 pm

You can't please all the people all of the time.Especially on here.Majority of fans seem happy with this deal.I certainly am and will be renewing my season ticket on the early bird offer.Next season is going to be one of the best ever.I expect 2500 season ticket holders at least.We had 1800 last year.
geoffhill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 12, 2017 3:38 pm

My eldest daughter is 15, she's been attending Stags for a decade; she's got herself a Saturday job to earn herself a drop of money, so will probably only have 3-4 games available to her next season.

Any clues on how many games she'll attend this season?
Try zero, because mtfc doesn't want the custom of a casual teenager.

They bang on about offers but have closed the door on teenagers and fully deserve to lose them for good. Every year the deal for them gets gradually worse.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

It's just short sighted and daft.

The club clearly don't care about the youngsters coming through any longer
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 12, 2017 3:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:My eldest daughter is 15, she's been attending Stags for a decade; she's got herself a Saturday job to earn herself a drop of money, so will probably only have 3-4 games available to her next season.

They bang on about offers but have closed the door on teenagers and fully deserve to lose them for good. Every year the deal for them gets gradually worse.

what about people who choose to work on Saturdays, how are they supposed to attend? And what about people who choose not to work, the unemployed, and people who can't afford it.? How are they supposed to afford it?

Haha.. I get your point DM, I do, but there will always be people who cant/wont attend.
The prices for U21's should be better. My old man paid for me well into my 20's, even when I could afford it. It was just a thing he always did for me.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 12, 2017 4:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:My eldest daughter is 15, she's been attending Stags for a decade; she's got herself a Saturday job to earn herself a drop of money, so will probably only have 3-4 games available to her next season.

what about people who choose to work on Saturdays, how are they supposed to attend? And what about people who choose not to work, the unemployed, and people who can't afford it.? How are they supposed to afford it?

Haha.. I get your point DM, I do, but there will always be people who cant/wont attend.
The prices for U21's should be better. My old man paid for me well into my 20's, even when I could afford it. It was just a thing he always did for me.

But this is a potentially massve group of fans the club that the club is just going 'nah fuggit we don't want their cash'

Those that are old enough to remember (though misty eyes) the halcyon days of a packed North Stand will also remember that a big % of that crowd were lads aged 14-18 there in big gangs of mates. And if you were part of one of those groups 2 or 3 would be there week in week out but the bulk of your gang were lads who did 10-15 games.

Like I said on the other thread, most of the pricing is what I would expect (football is too dear generally but that isn't JRs fault) but the unaccompanied teenage price is so far from being right it's frigging ridiculous.

Have the suits at MTFC all been rolling in cash that long they've forgotten what it's like to just have a few quid in their pockets?
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 12, 2017 5:05 pm

I genuinely think someone has had a bang on the head.

Like Sneag says, I and my mates got in to Mansfield Town by coming along together and catching the bug. Do people seriously think that all interested teens will be bought a season ticket? That's miles off the mark.

JR wants to build this legacy but doesn't want to drag along a large proportion of potential supporters with him. They are actually excluded.

Every year we bang on about this and every year it gets ramped up, until now that teenager who was introduced to the club, like so many previous ones, are priced out - by a fourth level club.

Well JR's kids can afford £12-£16 but mine (and most of the areas) can't. Wave them bye bye, whilst beckoning in Evans' big signings and the inflated wages. It's the unsustainable economy of madness.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri May 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Is there a plan/map anywhere where I can see blocks etc to choose where I might want to sit if the seats aren't already taken? And I assume somebody can buy the season ticket for me as long as I've filled out the form and they have my cash :) ?
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 12, 2017 7:27 pm

£24 to sit upper tier for adults and £16 for an 7 year old.

Shocking

Good season ticket prices though.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri May 12, 2017 8:13 pm

I'll be getting a season ticket this time. First time in a few years but it's a bit of a no-brainer with the good early bird offer.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri May 12, 2017 8:25 pm

I thought the supporters had a representative on the clubs board are they really representing the fans especially the younger ones.

Both Notts County and Chesterfield have cheaper match day prices for their younger supporters, their future adult fan base. There will be more younger away stags fans than at home matchs.
sunray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chander Lear » Fri May 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Dont pay on credit card. The club add 5% charge to handle it. Nearly £15 quid extra for early bird if paying on card.

Joke :evil:
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri May 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Dont pay on credit card. The club add 5% charge to handle it. Nearly £15 quid extra for early bird if paying on card.

Paid on credit card last year and they didn't charge me the 5% :D
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Dont pay on credit card. The club add 5% charge to handle it. Nearly £15 quid extra for early bird if paying on card.

Paid on credit card last year and they didn't charge me the 5% :D

Nor me. They obviously don't like Chander!

Seriously, I think they did make a charge last year for credit cards, but not for debit cards.

They DO have to pay a handling charge when they take payments on credit cards - but not as much as 5%.
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum