{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Matt Green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Matt Green

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 18, 2017 11:32 am

this is the interview upon which that article is based:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05358s8

Wh_Stag wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05358s8

Very good interview, I really wish him the best, Hes been hero for us and is a legend.

I still think that had he not been constantly dropped and switched to the wing then dropped again and really given a run of games he would of got close to 20 this season. Evans should of seen he was the clubs top scorer and gee'd him up and tried to get him firing, bringing shaq in proved to be a mistake the helped to the demise of greenie.

I do believe he's had offers and interest from league two to the championship but feel he will stay in league two to play as many games he can.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Gruff » Thu May 18, 2017 4:48 pm

I just wish him all the best, no matter what the future holds.
He has served the club fantastically well, and has made a key contribution to getting us to where we are now.
He needed a move... I hope it's a successful one for him
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bros » Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Olly Palmer and Nathan Thomas should take note of this is how to leave a club with dignity. It was obvious Evans didn't rate him. Perhaps it's because Evans thought he was overpaid or that Greenie was better thought of than Evans. If he stays in div 2 next season I bet he will score more goals than he did this season
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dave E stag » Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Whatever...Green leaves with real dignity and as a proper MTFC legend and with the supporters best wishes wherever he goes....unlike the 2nd rate Palmer and Thomas.

All the best Matt.
dave E stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Thu May 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Arrived as a gentleman, fought for us like a warrior and left as a gentleman.

Returned as a gentleman, again fought as a warrior and left as a gentleman.

Thank you for your not only your goals Matt, but for the way your professionalism has been a credit to our club. May your God bless you Matt and bring nothing but happiness to you and yours.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Big yella wrote:Arrived as a gentleman, fought for us like a warrior and left as a gentleman.

Returned as a gentleman, again fought as a warrior and left as a gentleman.

Thank you for your not only your goals Matt, but for the way your professionalism has been a credit to our club. May your God bless you Matt and bring nothing but happiness to you and yours.

Very well put
The One
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum