{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Luton Manager

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Luton Manager

Postby stuhall1973 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am

Noted these comments below from their local rag, fair comments? sometimes you need to mix it up a bit, that's all we did away a Doncaster too.

“We know they’re going to knock balls long, so it seems like you’re under a bit of pressure, but all they do is knock balls long, try and fight, try and get on second balls. “We negated that and I can’t remember them creating much apart from late on where they just put it in the box.

Read more at: http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7919346
stuhall1973
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Luton Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 am

Slightly harsh but Evans is a win at any means type of manager. I appreciate the irony that we didn't win on this occasion! We did try to play it but Luton were more direct than us. I agree we had plenty of attacks but many were half chances rather than full ones, a bit like how we limited Wycombe away.
Jimstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby old ram stag » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm

so they spend a week telling us they can defend corners and balls in the box then criticise us for trying to do just that.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Its the same old same old tired speech they don't actually pay any attention to how we play they just dust down the same old media blurb from 8 years ago.

All League 2 teams go direct at times they did exactly the same but we played better football than them on the whole. I know its one game we see them for but I would honestly only take Hylton above any of ours based on Monday alone.
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Would take Cuthbert ? at the back. Won everything.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Not for me over Bennett or Pearce didn't get tested enough but as I say only one game.
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

I agree on Cuthbert. I thought he looked fantastic - very commanding and didn't give any of our forwards a sniff. That said, and to my increased frustration on Monday, we didn't do the right things to test him. He was always going to win the aerial balls, so why continue to knock it long? Green should have come on earlier to test his pace. Ten minutes at the end of the game - when Luton had decided the take the point and defend - was not enough for Green to really get into the game.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum