{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Video of Luton game, plus Freight Rover heroes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Video of Luton game, plus Freight Rover heroes

Postby Bradders » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:46 am

Only a few snippets and a bit shaky too as I was mostly watching the match. But both goals included and footage of George Foster & Co at half time. The sound is deliberately low because of the "language"!

Bradders
Manager
Manager

Re: Video of Luton game, plus Freight Rover heroes

Postby Vice President » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Great footage - thanks Bradders!
It's lovely to see them again and the nostalgia that was recreated. Good to see George Foster given the hero's reception that he deserves.
There were a few players that I couldn't put a name to - Can anyone produce a photo with the names attached?
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Vice President wrote:Great footage - thanks Bradders!
It's lovely to see them again and the nostalgia that was recreated. Good to see George Foster given the hero's reception that he deserves.
There were a few players that I couldn't put a name to - Can anyone produce a photo with the names attached?

see viewtopic.php?p=646973#p646973
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Vice President » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Vice President wrote:Great footage - thanks Bradders!

see viewtopic.php?p=646973#p646973

Thanks for the link Martin. It is strange to see how time has changed some of them beyond recognition. Hitchcock, Kearney, Cassells, Chamberlain & Graham have aged well - and some of them have filled out a bit! :)
Seriously though - a lovely, nostalgic trip down memory lane. Hope we do more of it in the future.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Was talking with Sandy Pate last week and we remarked that it will be 50 years in October since he made his debut for the Stags and he was saying that he thought it would be good if something could be organised to mark the occasion.

I remember the game well, it was an away Friday night defeat at Stockport. Travelling back on the supporters coach with all the windows smashed was a bit cool.
Can't see us scoring enough goals. - 23rd July
Can't see us scoring enough goals - 12th March
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 am

part time pete wrote:Was talking with Sandy Pate last week and we remarked that it will be 50 years in October since he made his debut for the Stags and he was saying that he thought it would be good if something could be organised to mark the occasion.

I remember the game well, it was an away Friday night defeat at Stockport. Travelling back on the supporters coach with all the windows smashed was a bit cool.

Some things DO change for the better. Coaches have air conditioning nowadays.
Edders
A Stags Fan for 50 years
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum