{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mincing a throw-in?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mincing a throw-in?

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:21 am

Just seen the highlights of yesterdays game - Is it just me or is that throw in leading to the penalty and equaliser a bit 'minced' and also technically a foul throw and therefore should have been seen as such by the officials?
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Re: Mincing a throw-in?

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 am

All bye the bye now, it's happened, we shouldn't be dwelling on the past.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 am

Oh sorry I came on here thinking it was a discussion forum which gives people the chance to discuss things

I must've been mistaken

Please accept my apologies!
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 am

Spire's right though, literally everything that has ever happened may never be discussed ever
PUT YOUR HAT BACK ON! Fanzine available, Inbox for details!

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
HitchcocksShins
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:Oh sorry I came on here thinking it was a discussion forum which gives people the chance to discuss things

I must've been mistaken

Please accept my apologies!

You're such a wet fart
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Mr Rotten - you are quite correct. You can see in EVERY top flight game plenty of examples of blatant foul throws.

You might remember that at the start of this season, officials were ordered to penalise foul throws - and they did for a couple of games. But, by and large, this seems to have stopped.
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm

There was actually one foul throw penalised in the game yesterday. Doesn't happen very often.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:43 am

At the start of the season foul throws were regularly penalised. I guess the officials ticked that box and waited for the next directive.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Another example of refereeing interpretations:
The official held up play for one of our corners at the Quarry Lane end and warned the Luton defender that he was watching him manhandle one of our attackers.
The corner was again delayed as the official repeated his directive to the defender.
The corner was then taken, the defender ignored the referee and blatantly held back our attacker.
The referee then chose not to take any further action, ie award a penalty.
No wonder fans get frustrated!!! What was the point in the referee's posturing if he had no intention of following it through?
ST4GS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Who'd be a referee, eh?
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Referees, Linesman and the officials above them are currently one of the main issues with football as a whole and particularly at our level. They have always been a focus for abuse when someones team is not doing well and I know it is a very difficult job but for me the focus of how laws are interpreted and applied is grossly misguided away from the fans. This season in particular there has been way way too much friendliness between players and officials from opposition and sometimes ourselves to be fair, they need a co-operative relationship but it seems to now go way beyond that.

Shirt pulling, time wasting, foul throws, set pieces taken from the right spot (particularly throw ins) all easy wins for the powers that be but it seems they either can't be bothered to enforce the rules correctly or just don't want to offend anyone. The modern game is fast but when was the last time you saw a linesman keep up with play?? 70% of the time they are guessing in my opinion and referees are often no better just purely guessing from a poor position to enhance their reputation or thrive on some controversy (Exeters penalty a prime example).

I have gone full old man rant here but if this gets continually worse and these people don't realise you can be mates with Smiffy or Dazza, you can have all the billionaires and TV money you like but if Joe Bloggs stops paying his £20 - £60 every game the whole show grinds to halt.

I have said times before win, lose or draw I pay my money to watch a game of football not a wresting match, not a shoe lace tieing and slow walk symposium nor the greatest land stealing operation since the great escape. And I say this as a football fan in general not a Stags fan.
kcassellsfootygenius
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum