{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Hylton.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Hylton.

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Not that impressed with him. Missed two easy headers, one from a good cross by Palmer.

One of those two headers was a brilliant header by Bennett, ref gave a goal kick, he was wrong. Hylton would go well with Rose and is so much better than our other strikers. Don't start me on Coulthirst! Some odd decisions by Evo today. Good 1st half but taking Rose off when we needed a goal was wrong, he should have taken off the hapless Shaq and played Green and Rose together. Decent game, probably a pen, the only question is was it deliberate, Bennett was terrific.

Hylton would frustrate the life out of me. I think he took Rose off to prevent a second booking

Think he frustrated the Luton fans for the 26th time this season.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Paris Hylton goes down far too easily
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:28 am

For sure if we'd have had Hylton from the seasons start we'd probably have been safely in the playoff group now rather than clinging on with our finger tips. He's scored as many himself as the total amount amassed by the three 'strikers' we used on Sat (Rose, Shaq and Green) have all season.
Our problem has been here all season, ie simply not clinical enough in front of goal.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 am

100% spiro

Evo will sort it next season
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 am

Anyone who was at Oxford the other season would know why I've no time for him. He's a cheat.

My daughter actually knows him from when he played for Aldershot and says he's a nice fella though.

Before anyone chips in, she was 13 and met him at an ATFC ten pin bowling event with her friend who was ATFC mad.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am

Hylton is class at League Two level.

Those saying he's a cheat don't seem to mind Danny Rose falling over everytime the ball goes near him, whilst scoring a third of the goals.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm

one of the the top strikers in league two, would have him at the mill in a heartbeat, all quality players are disliked by opposition fans, however you really would need ya bumps feeling if you didn't want him leading the forward line here next season
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 pm

hylton is a bit like evans! hate him when you're against him but if you have him you'd absolutely love him :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:33 pm

This league will be even tougher next season in my opinion and to go up you will need players like him in terms of attitude, experience and ability.

How he didn't get booked yesterday is a complete mystery to me though. I had a count of 8 free kicks against him at least.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:This league will be even tougher next season in my opinion and to go up you will need players like him in terms of attitude, experience and ability.

How he didn't get booked yesterday is a complete mystery to me though. I had a count of 8 free kicks against him at least.

Next season should be easier than this, by a long shot.

We're losing Plymouth, Portsmouth and Doncaster - potentially Luton or Carlisle - and they're being replaced with Chesterfield and Coventry who are both all over the place, with Swindon and Port Vale also struggling.

Next season should be very open - a golden chance of promotion for a number of sides
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Hylton is exactly the sort of striker that we need.
He is the critical piece in the jigsaw that could have seen us promoted this season.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Hylton sent off in injury time v County. Interesting to see how long the ban is (I think its his second red of the season), as any longer than 2 games and he'll be missing play-off games, which may be against us.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Luton fans seem to think it's only the last two league games he'll miss. One game for the sending off and one for second sending off.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:10 pm

He's a liability.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:18 pm

he is class
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:33 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:he is class

I know SE rates him, so he must be decent. But for me he does nothing but annoy me. I would not like to see him in a Stags shirt. He is one of those who could be sent off at any moment.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Hylton n Ruben Rheid them two in a Stags shirt next season wouldn't be a bad forward line
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Hylton is like Steve Evans. Nobody likes them against you but when they are with you the are great.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Clever from him to be sent off instead of missing any play off games. If we get into them looks like we could be playing him again
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Sign him Steve
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Just watched Hylton's sending off. He did what he was doing to Pearce when he played us. This time the referee had some nous and quite rightly sent him off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Just watched Hylton's sending off. He did what he was doing to Pearce when he played us. This time the referee had some nous and quite rightly sent him off.

you can see his team mates are quite pissed off and you would be. he's a bit of a hothead imo. goal scorer yes but dont like his attitude or the way he plays. feels like another brodie almost
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Just watched Hylton's sending off. He did what he was doing to Pearce when he played us. This time the referee had some nous and quite rightly sent him off.

you can see his team mates are quite pissed off and you would be. he's a bit of a hothead imo. goal scorer yes but dont like his attitude or the way he plays. feels like another brodie almost

That's who he reminds me of Bobby. And I think fans would view him like they did Jamie McGuire in Jamie's first season with us. A decent referee would curb his cheating antics, and ultimately render him average. In a nut shell he is a sending off waiting to happen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Sounds a bit like the next Dave Caldwell.... :D :D :D
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Peenarse
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum