{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters Club: How do Fans Join?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Supporters Club: How do Fans Join?

Postby Worksopyouth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Feel I have something to offer supporters club. How do I join, please? Is there a management committee? How often do they meet up with owners to discuss how fans can work with the football club? Really enthusiastic about moving Stags forward you know!
Worksopyouth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporters Club: How do Fans Join?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:09 pm

I have to admire your naive optimism!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Worksopyouth wrote:Feel I have something to offer supporters club. How do I join, please? Is there a management committee? How often do they meet up with owners to discuss how fans can work with the football club? Really enthusiastic about moving Stags forward you know!

Joining is not easy, once you've paid your £500 you are asked to run thru the market place naked on a Saturday afternoon. We've all done it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:58 pm

You have to be voted on. Do not hold your breathe
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Empty FC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:14 am

The One wrote:You have to be voted on. Do not hold your breathe

Yes, but I've a feeling you could be blackballed. ... :o
we're gunna need a bigger boat.
Empty FC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

Empty FC wrote:
The One wrote:You have to be voted on. Do not hold your breathe

Yes, but I've a feeling you could be blackballed. ... :o

:lol: Yes both of them :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 am

Spiritater wrote:
Worksopyouth wrote:Feel I have something to offer supporters club. How do I join, please? Is there a management committee? How often do they meet up with owners to discuss how fans can work with the football club? Really enthusiastic about moving Stags forward you know!

Joining is not easy, once you've paid your £500 you are asked to run thru the market place naked on a Saturday afternoon. We've all done it.

'Tater in quite amusing non radio , towns apathy, pricing, et al post ,shocker :shock:

Very good tater I like it :lol:
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:08 am

We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 am

Spiritater wrote:

Except you seemed to enjoy that bit far too much, Tater lad. In fact, as I recall you asked to do a second lap :D

Thankfully the open top bus was in for repairs, or I'd have hated to see the consequences of that :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:28 am

Keep it Simple wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

'Tater in quite amusing non radio , towns apathy, pricing, et al post ,shocker :shock:

Very good tater I like it :lol:

I have my moments bud ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Except you seemed to enjoy that bit far too much, Tater lad. In fact, as I recall you asked to do a second lap :D

Thankfully the open top bus was in for repairs, or I'd have hated to see the consequences of that :P

I was egged on by the ladies present, they couldn't believe how big it was first time around :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:41 am

Spiritater wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I was egged on by the ladies present, they couldn't believe how big it was first time around :lol:

:lol: you got a nobberly knee :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:06 am

worksop sign up to the amber membership at 4 quid a month, there are benefits for yourself but most of all your helping the club, they meet the manager/owner about twice a year and the agm is where you get voted in to position although if you see them pre game in the sp bar they are very approachable and would always welcome help I'm sure.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 am

I see we are still humouring this guy... :lol:

He's no more interested in joining the Supporters Club than I am in visiting Aleppo on an all inclusive.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:36 pm

You have to sit in front of a ten persons sat on the Mansfield Town board after a 3 hours interview they all vote by putting a red or black ball into a bag if you get one black ball your not getting on the board. There is a fee of £1000 to pay to the club if you fail the interview this fee is paid to stop time wasters taking up board members precious time.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:12 pm

I have ben a member of the ssa for a number of years and I feel it is terrific value and helps the club as well.I hope to see worksopyouth at a few meetings and on the ssa bus as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum