{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticket Office

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticket Office

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Our club staff are brilliant. The systems we use for ticketing are horrific. We really need to get with the times.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Totally agree. They deserve credit.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:35 pm

It didn't help that the online ticket site was down in the last few days which added to the queues. Because of this I went down at 2pm and it took me about 20 minutes to get served. They do need more than one card machine in the ticket office as once I was there, I had to wait until 2 other cashiers had used the card machine before I could pay. This also greatly slows throughput.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby crazystagdad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm

IN QUEUE 2,30 IN GROUND 3,20 VERY POOR
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Quite frankly if you were in the queue at 2:30, there is no way you wouldn't have been in the ground before kick off.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Quite frankly if you were in the queue at 2:30, there is no way you wouldn't have been in the ground before kick off.

He was queueing at Gala Bingo
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 pm

There were people still queuing at ticket office gone 3.20 as I was that disinterested with the poor game, I started looking around the ground for entertainment
tibby
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:20 pm

tibby wrote:There were people still queuing at ticket office gone 3.20 as I was that disinterested with the poor game, I started looking around the ground for entertainment

If this is true it is simply not on. Speed the F up. Why make it so hard for paying customers to give the club money?
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Calstag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:29 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
tibby wrote:There were people still queuing at ticket office gone 3.20 as I was that disinterested with the poor game, I started looking around the ground for entertainment

If this is true it is simply not on. Speed the F up. Why make it so hard for paying customers to give the club money?

There were many moans in the que which is understandable, tho not every is as hardcore as me, as I'd of stood there as long as it took and not walked away, people were saying why they did not have someone come out and taken cash only? This would of got a few out of the way admittedly, but it's the 1st time it's happened this year so no complaints from me, but if we do get off to a flyer under Evans next year we need something in place ready to deal with larger crowds, but if we cannot handle the 4.5k of Monday I feel not everyone will put up with the ques like that...
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm

You were disinterested at 3:20, just as we were getting the first of two successive corners and a throw that lead to us being 1--0 up at 3:23. I knew Stags fans could be fickle but my God.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Calstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

There were many moans in the que which is understandable, tho not every is as hardcore as me, as I'd of stood there as long as it took and not walked away, people were saying why they did not have someone come out and taken cash only? This would of got a few out of the way admittedly, but it's the 1st time it's happened this year so no complaints from me, but if we do get off to a flyer under Evans next year we need something in place ready to deal with larger crowds, but if we cannot handle the 4.5k of Monday I feel not everyone will put up with the ques like that...

In the grand scheme 4 and a half thou at a match is poultry. The club needs to buck it's ideas up with regard to ticketing.

Like earlier in the season when they for no reason announced that you couldn't get the bogof offer online.

The club makes a mockery of its self. unfortunately the ideas and sentiment are commendable but the execution laughable.

Can't get 4.5k into a 9000+ stadium til 3.20!!! Appalling.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tibby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Is folk paying with card a major issue? I had cash and the guy serving me told me he had thanked god for me doing so.

The club should have 1 x contactless card machine at every kiosk window as standard
tibby
First Team
First Team

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:25 pm

"In the grand scheme 4 and a half thou at a match is poultry."

Clucking Hell
stagone1959
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 pm

'Have you left the poultry out all night Manuel?
You need to lock them up or a fox will get them', said Basil.

Manuel, 'Que'?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Haha.. ah well.

It's not old Trafford though is it - that was my point.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:50 pm

The ticketing system is like large parts of the ground. Built for five pence halfpenny , badly designed and dropping to bits.
And yes, there were definitely people still queuing at 3.20. We sit next to the control room and were still watching them queue, half way through the first half.
We have good staff in the ticketing office, working in pee poor conditions , with third rate equipment!
bigalstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 am

God help us if ever we attract the gates that everyone wants!
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 am

I think the club could make thousands of pounds more every year if they employed ME as chief money making expert for Ticketing, Sandy Pate Bar(matchdays) and food kiosks!!! I would only charge a small fee(season ticket) to show the club what 'NOT ROCKET SCIENCE' is!!!

You've got my details MTFC... go on, give me a call!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum