{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticket Office

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticket Office

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 am

just got mine, small que nowt drastic, poor women working like trojans on the phone, i wouldn't hang about if you want WSU tickets......just saying
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 am

Old Stag said you weren't trapping t'other day :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:43 am

Tre Cool wrote:Like I've said before the club should set up a till behind the Sandy Pate bar that can sell match & event tickets. It's open in the evenings and weekends when the ticket office is closed so can sell tickets to passing trade who frequent the bar.

Great idea !
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby smartie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 am

Match Day Tickets
Sorry, we have no matches on-line at the moment - please try later.
smartie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:50 am

Spiritater wrote:Old Stag said you weren't trapping t'other day :shock:

it's in the blood mi owd mate

death or glory
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:Like I've said before the club should set up a till behind the Sandy Pate bar that can sell match & event tickets. It's open in the evenings and weekends when the ticket office is closed so can sell tickets to passing trade who frequent the bar.

Great idea !

That IS a good idea, AH
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Amberheart wrote:

Great idea !

Agreed, that seems such a simple idea that I'm flummoxed why it's not already been rolled out.

Not blaming anyone but these glitches with the system are bound to lose some custom, which is a crying shame when you regard the circumstances and hard work that gets put in.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby stag_27 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 pm

It does seem we want to make it harder to buy a ticket than is necessary,
Want a family ticket, so no online option.
Rang Saturday - ticket office closed.
Rang this morning - don't sell tickets over the phone on match days (given been closed since Thursday, some flexibility should be considered).

So I now will come down to ground in hope there are some left and have to queue. Queuing for any length makes it dull for my young kids, and so next time I ask them if they want to come it increases chances of them saying no.

So much good stuff going on with the club, so let's make buying a ticket easier please.
stag_27
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kernow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Went down this morning,rushed off their feet. Doing a super job, well done girls.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:18 pm

It looked like chaos to me pre-match. My cousin turned up at 2.35, got in the queue and eventually got in the ground at 3.15.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:24 pm

I have said before that I think the Club's ticketing policy is very poor. It suggests that customer centricity may not be MTFC's priority.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Just go online and print it off st work

Simples.

I appreciate that we don't do much for those that decide on the day, but folk have ample chance to get their tickets before the day normally
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Stoney wrote:It looked like chaos to me pre-match. My cousin turned up at 2.35, got in the queue and eventually got in the ground at 3.15.

To collect tickets or buy on the day? I got in the queue at 2:32, in the ground by 2:47.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Stoney wrote:It looked like chaos to me pre-match. My cousin turned up at 2.35, got in the queue and eventually got in the ground at 3.15.

To collect tickets or buy on the day? I got in the queue at 2:32, in the ground by 2:47.

Buy on the day
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Hmmm I got in the que at 2.20pm (que stretched to the metal gate) and was served and in sandy pate bar by 2.35pm.

So unless the ticket office staff had gone on strike I'm not sure why there was people waiting for 45-60 mins as I've heard rumours of this.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:49 pm

God knows, the queue was stretching right through the metal gate, past the burger van and to the other metal fences to the other car park when I saw it and that was at half 2ish. He joined five minutes after and got into the ground at 3.15pm. He said when he eventually got his ticket they begun to open more booths at the last minute!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:01 pm

If the club wants better gates and to persist with this all ticket policy, then the message is clear: sort this ticket lark out. Huge queues for a gate of 4600 is one thing; what happens if the team actually performed on the pitch and the town decided to back the club?

Time for a rethink. Successful clubs won't dwell on an inadequate ticket office and an online facility that falters. The club wants to make steps to improve but still has this half-baked way of stumbling about.

Never ever give the floaters an easy opportunity to turn around and think "bugger this". The club will have lost money and potential support today and it's disappointing.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:03 pm

I bought on the day, got in the queue at 2:32, just outside the gates further back than the burger van and got served within ten minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I bought on the day, got in the queue at 2:32, just outside the gates further back than the burger van and got served within ten minutes.

Well I don't know what happened then, I know for a fact he missed 15 minutes of the game along with others who were filtering into the IGL at the same time.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Minky123 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

I turned up at 5 to 3 with my season ticket and they were queueing into car park to buy a ticket ....never been quick enough at ticket office ...in fact they used to only have one card machine between them all ...not sure if its still same ?
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Stoney wrote:God knows, the queue was stretching right through the metal gate, past the burger van and to the other metal fences to the other car park when I saw it and that was at half 2ish. He joined five minutes after and got into the ground at 3.15pm. He said when he eventually got his ticket they begun to open more booths at the last minute!

All the booths were open at 2.30pm.

I'm not sure how it's took him 45 mins as my dads just told me he seen me leaving with my ticket and he had just joined the que and was in the ground at 2.50pm.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 pm

People were taking their seats in front of us at 3:15 after queuing for their tickets.

Nobody is having a dig at the staff. The system clearly needs improvement to attract and keep punters though.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

I was in que about 2-30 and it was past the burger van, was going up the stairs just as players came out, the que was still at burger van as I'd just got mine
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I don't get to as many games as I would like because it's usually a Saturday morning decision and I,m usually in hull Saturday mornings. I came over today and got to ground at 2.30. Took about 20 mins to get to the booth and all the windows were open and the young staff did well and were very helpful. Got in the seats with 5 mins to spare. If we had another 3000 turn up it would be hectic out there. Please give us at least one cash gate in each stand, or would that still be a queue. .??
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 pm

My son bought our tickets on line, but they couldn't be printed. He rang the office and they said don't worry we will put them in an envelope for you to collect before the match. He went to the club shop, where they were waiting for him amongst other envelopes. So a big thank you for the staff in the office. You work hard and you have worked particularly hard today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum