{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mad Hatters scorefred sponsored by no tea party monday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mad Hatters scorefred sponsored by no tea party monday

Postby adamstag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Jamie wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Robbed by a weak ref who couldn't wait to give the softest penalty you'll see all season.

Well done comedy comb-over gimp.

It was as clear cut and blatant a pen as has ever been given in the history of football. Ref was poor at times but come on...

He was clumsy and put his hand out. Can only assume you weren't behind it in the qle.

Maybe I was at a bad angle then, because it looked innocent enough from my angle. So I'll hold my hands up and accept it if I had a dodgy view of it.

However, the most blatant pen there's ever been is a silly comment.

Whereas the "most blatnent" might not be the best terminology - it was indeed a penalty.

A silly and and an annoying one at that - Luton didn't before or after look like scoring
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 pm

great start we needed with the goal , then got undone by the penalty :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby TBS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:18 pm

It didn't look much of a peno from the other end of the IGS lower, it looked like Taft had his back to the guy crossing it.

Hard to take when you add to it the decision Exeter got & the one we didn't get at Donny.

I found it frustrating that Luton took free kicks from where they wanted & often with a rolling ball, yet we had to do as the referee said.

Also, how the heck were the Luton subs allowed to constantly get in the way when we were trying to take a throw in, their manager was visibly telling them to get in the road. Officials should have sorted it & sorted Nathan Jones out too - he was loopy.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
TBS
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Penalty kicks don't come much easier to a Ref than that one, unfortunate for Taft but a penalty all the same.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 pm

If Evans isn't belting the bejesus out of a genuinely garbage ref about the penalty, then it must have been nailed on!

My view had the guy flicking it up on to Taft's arm from about 2 yards.

Evans' silence tells me that my angle was a crap one.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Just watched it on Sky and Taft definitely moved his hand to the ball. A penalty all day lot and a stupid one to give away.

That was followed by a blatant kick by Kean as their player went to get the ball out of the net. That was equally stupid and could have resulted in a straight red instead of the yellow he got.

I'm really disappointed that players who are scrapping for promotion can do something as stupid and unnecessary as those two incidents. The opposition are hard enough to beat without giving them those types of incentives.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Just watched it on Sky and Taft definitely moved his hand to the ball. A penalty all day lot and a stupid one to give away.

That was followed by a blatant kick by Kean as their player went to get the ball out of the net. That was equally stupid and could have resulted in a straight red instead of the yellow he got.

I'm really disappointed that players who are scrapping for promotion can do something as stupid and unnecessary as those two incidents. The opposition are hard enough to beat without giving them those types of incentives.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -1-1-luton :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Now I've seen it I actually think that Taft has been very unfortunate. I agree that it's probably a penalty but from hindsight of my seat view, I think it's just hit his hand as he adjusts his stance. It has to come in to the equation that the two players were very close to one another. I think that the ref had to give it but it's through our misfortune rather than mischief.

On saying that, we never got so much as a second look for the Luton number 6 manhandling from corners in the first half.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Penalty or not it was the coolest you will see great finish, followed by a cheeky trip by kean, daft yellow to get tho
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Just watched it on Sky and Taft definitely moved his hand to the ball. A penalty all day lot and a stupid one to give away.

I think you are being very harsh Sandy, first of all what Kean did was petulant but never a red card in a million years, a booking was possibly right, but many referee's would have had a word - it was a trip nothing more. Secondly I do not think Taft meant to handle the ball, I know it looks like it as his arm moved, but I do not think he intentionally handled it. As Doomy has said, it was probably one the referee had to give, but I would say more bad luck than bad play. As Doomy also says, the Luton No 6 had his arms wrapped around Taft at every set piece, they were equally as clear a penalty as the one awarded against us. Assistant our side might as well not have bothered turning up.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Shocking defending from the throw in, how can their danger man be allowed to waltz into the box from a throw in that area.
In my day it was one in front standing on his toes and one behind shoving him up his jacksie.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 pm

We didn't react from the throw. No question a penalty. No point players complaining. Kean silly booking and ref dealt with him. Could easily be red.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby die hirsche » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 pm

fgs sorry if i offended anyone.
didnt mean it.
goodnight.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 pm

die hirsche wrote:fgs sorry if i offended anyone.
didnt mean it.
goodnight.

Apology accepted. Have an extra rusk before you go to bed. :)
Edders
Life's too short for hate
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:52 am

die hirsche wrote:fgs sorry if i offended anyone.
didnt mean it.
goodnight.

:lol: accepted from the Paddywhack kid :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 am

Definitely ball to hand. It's remarkable how that could be given and the officials could miss the blatant fouls by the louton players in the box how their no6 stayed on the pitch is remarkable and the player that elbowed White in the face in front of the fourth official how he isn't being questioned by the police is remarkable.

What is the forth official there for other than hold the electronic board up.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 am

He's there to give the opposition manager a cuddle when he throws a tantrum judging on yesterday. He even got one off the referee as well.

Maybe Steve just needs a hug.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum