{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Good Good Friday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Good Good Friday

Postby Worksopyouth » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Well I think may be is. Thought we might be crucified and hung out to dry (note the topical biblical reference!) @ Why come but the lads delivered. Sod's law that other teams around us also picked up points as well. Makes Luton game more than a 6 pointer, its a game changer. Not confident in view of fact they we lost to other top teams at home recently (Exeter and Plymouth). Then we've big hitters (and FA cup winners) Pompey to face. No sleep til May me thinks.
Worksopyouth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Good Good Friday

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:01 pm

From what I saw of results not many picked up points around us today.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Exactly most teams drew or lost. Another pointless thread
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Worksopyouth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 am

I did say "Picked up points", ie Blackpool, Colchester, Carlisle, Exeter. So ease off the criticism fellow fans. Peace and Love this Easter and always. Not sleeping well as it is what with the tension over poss promo!
Worksopyouth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 am

Worksopyouth wrote:I did say "Picked up points", ie Blackpool, Colchester, Carlisle, Exeter. So ease off the criticism fellow fans. Peace and Love this Easter and always. Not sleeping well as it is what with the tension over poss promo!

Have a word with your nurse. she may be able to increase your meds.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Worksopyouth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Let me spell it out: Friday morning we were 4 points behind play off position therefore we needed to PICK UP points whilst at the SAME TIME our competitors had to DROP points for us to advance our quest for promo and 4 clubs did win/draw therefore impeding our chances for glory. Hence my comments! OK?
Worksopyouth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Worksopyouth wrote:Let me spell it out: Friday morning we were 4 points behind play off position therefore we needed to PICK UP points whilst at the SAME TIME our competitors had to DROP points for us to advance our quest for promo and 4 clubs did win/draw therefore impeding our chances for glory. Hence my comments! OK?

Let me spell it out: what you think is inciteful and interesting, others may consider to be banal.

No point in getting hissy when it happens.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum