{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Keith Curle

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Keith Curle

Postby Stag in Italy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Ok bear with me on this one.

Having recently moved house i came across a long forgotten about book i bought years and years ago in Mansfield . Talking Double Dutch by Dutch Himself Paul Holland. A signed copy also and i met the man.

So i sat down and read it again.

I got to page 160 and a paragraph reads.

"What happened has happened But i do not think it will ever come to me and Keith Curle being on speaking terms again".

I wonder what happened . Also he refers to Legal reasons why no one can discuss the reasons behind Curle's sacking. I have heard various rumours including he was Paying private attention to Haslams Mrs to Getting a cut of transfer fees. Did the truth ever come out in the end ? .
Stag in Italy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Keith Curle

Postby Ben Superstag » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stag in Italy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks for that mate. Very Interesting. I wonder where Dutch came into all that ?
Stag in Italy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foxy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Which manager was it that got one of the players to warm up on the touchline even though he was wearing a suit?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Ben Superstag wrote:http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=3137

OMG!! So glad those days are behind us. Plus, Alan Meales reputation never really did recovery after his alignment with the count.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:21 am

I heard that the bullying accusation came about because the youth player in question was made to do circuit training whilst naked as a punishment.

Don't know how true that all is though, especially as Curle won his case.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 am

WeDeserveMore wrote:
Ben Superstag wrote:http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=3137

OMG!! So glad those days are behind us. Plus, Alan Meales reputation never really did recovery after his alignment with the count.

Did he even have one before that?? ;)

I'm sure he did more than I give credit for (possibly!), but at the time he was about as useful as a bacon slicer at a Jewish feast.

I recall the youth teamer had to run round the pitch in his undercrackers. Then again, there were enough rumours and conspiracy theories to put an x-files scriptwriter to shame

The truth is out there! :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Worksopyouth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Still don't know why Dutch fell out with Curle do we? Partic as KC was cleared. Bullying doesn't only go on at school it can regularly carry on into adulthood. I speak from personal experience. Reading biogs of former players often throws up examples of this going on. Prob is that victims don't have anywhere to go or are embarrassed to complain.
Worksopyouth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Worksopyouth wrote:Still don't know why Dutch fell out with Curle do we? Partic as KC was cleared. Bullying doesn't only go on at school it can regularly carry on into adulthood. I speak from personal experience. Reading biogs of former players often throws up examples of this going on. Prob is that victims don't have anywhere to go or are embarrassed to complain.

Speak to one of your teachers
9dder2
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum