{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

MTFC Ladies Team

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: MTFC Ladies Team

Postby whipster221073 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Can't really blame him on those figures being quoted, and the huge tax bill is undoubtedly the main reason.

Puts into significance the "income v PR" available from women's teams.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:04 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Hope we can back that up otherwise it's just a cheap shot
wayno cordiniho
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:15 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Hmmm. I sometimes get the impression that Mrs Radford is a verbal loose canon!
Edders
A Stags Fan for 50 years
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 pm

whipster221073 wrote:Can't really blame him on those figures being quoted, and the huge tax bill is undoubtedly the main reason.

Puts into significance the "income v PR" available from women's teams.

Hardy left it until two days before the season starts ! Players were given new contracts etc
They had 4 England players in that team . The club was being run as an after thought & not taken seriously imo
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 pm

the first major mess-up by Hardy in my opinion. Exceptionally badly handled.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

That's unfair, she has proven to be a better CEO, than the CEO of our rivals on the other side of the M1.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 pm

His main concern is the club and getting success for it. In the main most fans care only about the 1st team. The ladies team could win the League, Cup and Champions Lge but still wouldn't attract a crowd to make it worthwhile. It'll take years and years and years before (if ever) they rival crowds of the mens game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Seems to be very unfair on the players

Appears to have told the media first
Apparently did not talk to the girls and apologise
Left it after the transfer deadline date, so can't sign for other clubs

Has Hardy wound the company up and stopped paying the players and staff and will they get paid for April. Apparently Hardy is personnal continuing to pay their rent and so he should.
Have they paid the outstanding tax bill

What is the financial damage to NCFC reputation
sunray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Spiritater wrote:His main concern is the club and getting success for it. In the main most fans care only about the 1st team. The ladies team could win the League, Cup and Champions Lge but still wouldn't attract a crowd to make it worthwhile. It'll take years and years and years before (if ever) they rival crowds of the mens game.

It's an emerging sport & increasing in popularity every season . But it won't if this sort of thing is allowed to happen ! We are way behind all other countries regarding women's football !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Woman's football is for girls
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 pm

sunray wrote:Seems to be very unfair on the players

Appears to have told the media first
Apparently did not talk to the girls and apologise
Left it after the transfer deadline date, so can't sign for other clubs

Has Hardy wound the company up and stopped paying the players and staff and will they get paid for April. Apparently Hardy is personnal continuing to pay their rent and so he should.
Have they paid the outstanding tax bill

What is the financial damage to NCFC reputation

It's a disgusting way to treat those players & staff , they deserve so much better !
The Tax office gave him until 3rd July to sort it out , why go into liquidation now ?!
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

That's unfair, she has proven to be a better CEO, than the CEO of our rivals on the other side of the M1.

Agree they're brilliant and we'd be screwed without them but unless she's genuinely willing to take on £500k a year loss making outfit then it looks poorly placed/timed
wayno cordiniho
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Spiritater wrote:His main concern is the club and getting success for it. In the main most fans care only about the 1st team. The ladies team could win the League, Cup and Champions Lge but still wouldn't attract a crowd to make it worthwhile. It'll take years and years and years before (if ever) they rival crowds of the mens game.

It's an emerging sport & increasing in popularity every season . But it won't if this sort of thing is allowed to happen ! We are way behind all other countries regarding women's football !

Not decrying it at all Amber, I used to go and watch the MTFC Ladies team at FM up until they were relegated. But there was me and about 40 others in attendance.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Ladies football needs experiment with different formats at the lower levels to attract spectators alongside the traditional games. Something similiar to 20/20 in cricket or Rugby Sevens formats

Several shorter games played say Friday nights in June. Play games to conclusion with a different points scale.
Allow drink in the stadium. Play music. Team names. Chants. Fireworks

Might need to do it outside of the FA because it would be something new and exciting. Not for old men and committees.
sunray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Can't blame hardy if those figures are true. How on earth did they get to a £500,000 wage bill for players and coaches if they only dragged in £28k from attendances and sponsorship. Financial suicide! Crazy
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 pm

It's a shame but it was never going to work. It can only be sustained by the rich Premier League clubs like City, Arsenal, Chelsea who all have successful ladies teams and who are full time. Clubs like Notts simply can't finance it and don't have the fans either. Althought they were called NC ladies there weren't many NC fans who went to the ladies games as well as the mens, only a handful. The ones who follwed the ladies were different fans. This showed on a lot of occasions when I saw Stags fans, Forest fans etc at Meadow Lane and also when the men and women played at the same time but in different places.

Their biggest games were Arsenal & Chelsea and they were only getting around 1,500 for those games, so you've got no chance of being able to bring in any money. I think it was a gamble from the previous regime who brought Lincoln Ladies over to Notts thinking the game might grow and make the club millions, but it doesn't seem to have taken off as much as people thought after the World Cup, when England finished 3rd. People thought it would boom over here but it hasn't and I don't think it ever really will do now.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Agree they're brilliant and we'd be screwed without them but unless she's genuinely willing to take on £500k a year loss making outfit then it looks poorly placed/timed

I didn't read it as she wanted to take the club over. I read it as, since the Notts ladies no longer had a club to play for any of the players could come and play for our ladies team. Obviously many of them won't because they are of a better standard but some of the fringe players may be tempted. Thus strengthening our ladies team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:46 am

AA - she was having a cheap dig
Edders
A Stags Fan for 50 years
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am

Hope we can back that up otherwise it's just a cheap shot[/quote]

Hmmm. I sometimes get the impression that Mrs Radford is a verbal loose canon![/quote]That's unfair, she has proven to be a better CEO, than the CEO of our rivals on the other side of the M1.[/quote]

Agree they're brilliant and we'd be screwed without them but unless she's genuinely willing to take on £500k a year loss making outfit then it looks poorly placed/timed[/quote]
I didn't read it as she wanted to take the club over. I read it as, since the Notts ladies no longer had a club to play for any of the players could come and play for our ladies team. Obviously many of them won't because they are of a better standard but some of the fringe players may be tempted. Thus strengthening our ladies team.[/quote]
That's how I interpreted it too , it would be a huge boost to our women's team if we could
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:08 am

Can't understand why some woman's football is professional . How the hell do they fund it with hardly anyone whatching it? Not got an issue with woman playing football I just don't want to whatch it!
Norman
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:14 am

The "Lady Pies" was a typical Sven moment for County. They moved the successful Lincoln Ladies team to get a place in the new Ladies league. The established Florist Ladies were then not allowed a place in the league. They only had minor success, not the great glory the owner expected. When you are up against spending power of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool a Div 2 club cannot compete financially.
The four England players should be able to find new clubs in their shortened season but others will not. Hardy has said he won't evict them from their County paid accommodation but does expect them to move out quite quickly.
I feel sorry for the young girls who train at County as part of their community system. I assume they are out on their ear as well.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am

I sort of agree with you Norman. I'm not sure that there's the appetite for top flight women's football enough to have many professional clubs.

The big Premier League clubs can easily cover the shortfall, whatever the gates, simply because of the landscape of the game in this country. Whereas it seems ludicrous that a failing League 2 side, which is in the financial doghouse already, can fund an entire other professional club which hasn't the capacity to look after itself.

There's definitely room for top flight professional women's football. However, Notts County's model strikes me as a vanity project of the previous owners. It should be a club that falls under the umbrella of a massive top flight club. If the FA have any desirable responsibility towards the women's game then they'll find all these girls other clubs, partially funding it and do it's utmost to re-home this club with a Premiership giant.

Women's pro football shouldn't exist just cos it should, it should have a genuine purpose and place in the order of things.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 am

I also think that Carolyn's tweet is a bit of a cheap shot. We all love rivalry and banter but she has to be a bit better than that.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum