{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who sits in P block ???

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Who sits in P block ???

Postby Calstag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Calstag been floating between P block and the family block (little one prefers it sat down there) although its like a library. Was the drum at the game yesterday? Only ask as couldn't hear it sat in the family block.

Will be back in P block for Exeter game though.

Agree it is sometimes disappointing despite the blocks being together the atmosphere doesn't always spill over regularly enough, but lets try and change it!

:coys:
Stags 2002
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Calstag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:58 pm

I don't think it was mate, it's a shame as I like the view in P, I'm sure we can get them to raise their voices more often ;)
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

I was sat in QLE yesterday two muppets behind me was shouting Shearer Shearer when Kean was running towards the goal at the start of the game....

Mmmmmm what can I say
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:09 pm

I sit in P, front row, there's plenty of noise coming from that row
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 am

I sit in P, a couple of rows down from the back and next to the stairs across from Q. My old dad is getting fed up of all the noisy buggers who've just moved in next door so we may be moving further over soon.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 am

Q Block Saturday frustrated me. Many couldnt get tickets near there due to it being full which is great.... however people go and sit in there, arms folded not singing.

We cannot get an atmosphere going without people trying

We are organising a bit of a meeting this / next week in the Sandy Pate bar to see how we can combat it. I'll add the date and time here. All ideas ideas welcome.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am

I never thought I'd say this, but I've missed the drum the last couple of games... :shock:
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Calstag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 am

Chander Lear wrote:Q Block Saturday frustrated me. Many couldnt get tickets near there due to it being full which is great.... however people go and sit in there, arms folded not singing.

We are organising a bit of a meeting this / next week in the Sandy Pate bar to see how we can combat it. I'll add the date and time here. All ideas ideas welcome.

Good idea, it was a great idea to get the Q block all standing for the singing purposes, we don't need people spoiling it, it's been great so far :)
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 am

I dont think its a case of them spoiling it. I think they people there enjoy the atmosphere and want to be near it.

A few people have said they are moving back downstairs again if it carries on like this.. We dont want this venture over before its begun.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Surely the answer is to just get in the ground early.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Q Block Saturday frustrated me. Many couldnt get tickets near there due to it being full which is great.... however people go and sit in there, arms folded not singing.

Only thing is people had season tickets in that block for years
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 pm

ianb wrote:I never thought I'd say this, but I've missed the drum the last couple of games... :shock:

Who brings the drum?
Why they have stopped?
Always needed to get the atmosphere whipped up....can cut out once songs are in full flow but always a good starting point.
Stags 2002
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby James » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Still think the singing block would be better in the QLE.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
ianb wrote:I never thought I'd say this, but I've missed the drum the last couple of games... :shock:

Who brings the drum?
Why they have stopped?
Always needed to get the atmosphere whipped up....can cut out once songs are in full flow but always a good starting point.

yeah, we need the drum. tell the drummer to come back.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:10 pm

i've heard hes on Holiday
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:13 pm

James wrote:Still think the singing block would be better in the QLE.

Totally agree. I sit in the singing block and I'm no longer getting the amount of shut eye I used to. A polite clap during some sexy football and a max of 5 seconds on your feet when we score is enough :lol:
BoughtonStag71
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 pm

ParisStag wrote:Surely the answer is to just get in the ground early.

How does that help? Sitting in peoples allocated seat?

We've already agreed to try and sit in the allocated ticket seat if the ticket to a) not annoy people b) not give the stewards any reason for aggro c) make the experience work for ALL the fans, not just the selction of fans which are tying to drum up the atmosphere.
Last edited by Chander Lear on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:10 pm

I thought the atmos was okay, not banging, but alright and we were in P towards the back.
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm

His mam took his stick off him.
Edders
A Stags Fan for 50 years
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm

1970Stag wrote:I thought the atmos was okay, not banging, but alright and we were in P towards the back.

It was but ok yes, half the stand towards the front sat there and didnt get involved. it makes it difficult to get things going. People loose motivation if others dont join in
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
1970Stag wrote:I thought the atmos was okay, not banging, but alright and we were in P towards the back.

It was but ok yes, half the stand towards the front sat there and didnt get involved. it makes it difficult to get things going. People loose motivation if others dont join in

Well they should be removed by stewards it's a standing block after all ;)
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

We've already agreed to try and sit in the allocated ticket seat if the ticket to a) not annoy people b) not give the stewards any reason for aggro c) make the experience work for ALL the fans, not just the selction of fans which are tying to drum up the atmosphere.

Fair enough if it's reserved seats we're talking about, but you can't blame people who already have an ST there if they don't sing. They might not be the singing types.

You need to stick it out until next season at least, when we'll see people who don't like the noise change their seats and leave it to the singers.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Fair enough if it's reserved seats we're talking about, but you can't blame people who already have an ST there if they don't sing. They might not be the singing types.

You need to stick it out until next season at least, when we'll see people who don't like the noise change their seats and leave it to the singers.

I totally agree around the season tickets holders. This is what the meeting will be about. ideas to encourage. We want unity, not division etc.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

From my experiences of watching the stags over the years I thin from next season the "singing block" would be better if it was in the QLE. in the past when the singing lot was in either the north stand or QLE it sounded amazing and then it even got the 'oldies' chanting in the west stand. And don't it sound better when you get the sound of "Yellows...Yellows" travelling around field mill and not just in one section of the ground
Fitzy499
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum