{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who sits in P block ???

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm

The flags could go all the way across then..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Stoney » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Q Block Saturday frustrated me. Many couldnt get tickets near there due to it being full which is great.... however people go and sit in there, arms folded not singing.

We cannot get an atmosphere going without people trying

We are organising a bit of a meeting this / next week in the Sandy Pate bar to see how we can combat it. I'll add the date and time here. All ideas ideas welcome.


Just one little idea if one of you lads can put it to the club Jase.

At the start of the match the club is playing Hermans Hermits - I'm into something good. Fair enough but they only need to play the first couple of beats and then let the fans sing it rather than try and outsing the tannoy, it's probably the only time nearly all of the ground join in!

Check out how Sheff U do this at the start of the game by just playing the first couple of beats of Annie's song to get the Greasy Chip Butty going.
https://youtu.be/gogWxcWanFY
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Mull of Kintyre at City Ground also.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15323
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Full of raspberry aye
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .
The older I get the better I was .
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Fitzy499 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .



Amen
Fitzy499
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .


Great post One f, the North Stand back in the old terrace days was the place to be. For years and years I'd leave after a game and would hardly be able to speak next day I was that hoarse. I admire what the boys/lads are trying to do at present but liked the singers in an end stand best. The night we beat Grimsby in the Conf title year reminded me of the old NS days, the QLE was bouncing that day and the team fed off the noise. No I'm not moaning it's just my take on things.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15323
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Woke up this morning feelin' fine
Got in the North Stand for one and nine ....

(It's an age thing)
Edders
Life's too short for hate
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4088
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 pm

25p for me in the mid 70's. Had to do all the washing up, hoover the house, clean Dad's car, clean the windows and mow t'lawn every week for that.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15323
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Calstag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .



Amen


Are you saying everyone in P block is old and only willing to "sing when we're winning" ? If so I appreciate your heart felt speech but it's a lame excuse! I'm sure there's still fire in your belly after all these years, come on show the young uns how it's done!!! Kinda like the old bull young bull story.......... ;)
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Calstag wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .



Amen


Are you saying everyone in P block is old and only willing to "sing when we're winning" ? If so I appreciate your heart felt speech but it's a lame excuse! I'm sure there's still fire in your belly after all these years, come on show the young uns how it's done!!! Kinda like the old bull young bull story.......... ;)



Didn't the old bull last longer than the young bull ?
The older I get the better I was .
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am

when it comes to season tickets, P and Q should be allocated loud / singing blocks and fans wanting to sit there should be warned. fair enough this season, but not joining in next season is not on, it just puts dampeners on it!
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am

You can't make em sing, same as you can't make em come and watch. You can't expect someone who's sat in a Q/P block seat for years just enjoying the game to start singin just cos some others do.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15323
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

Spiritater wrote:You can't make em sing, same as you can't make em come and watch. You can't expect someone who's sat in a Q/P block seat for years just enjoying the game to start singin just cos some others do.


yeah, but if they actively dont like it, they can move their ST, is what I'm saying.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Spiritater wrote:You can't make em sing, same as you can't make em come and watch. You can't expect someone who's sat in a Q/P block seat for years just enjoying the game to start singin just cos some others do.


yeah, but if they actively dont like it, they can move their ST, is what I'm saying.


Agree for next season. For this though respect their right to sit/stand in their seat
wayno cordiniho
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:05 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Spiritater wrote:You can't make em sing, same as you can't make em come and watch. You can't expect someone who's sat in a Q/P block seat for years just enjoying the game to start singin just cos some others do.


yeah, but if they actively dont like it, they can move their ST, is what I'm saying.


Agree for next season. For this though respect their right to sit/stand in their seat


yep, but this great move by a section of the clubs fans shouldnt be jeopardised in the long term because Ian and Paul have always sat there.
There is one formidable adversary that Arsene Wenger has yet to defeat; it's Arsene Wenger's Coat.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:47 pm

On the flip side, why should people who have sat in P block for years be forced to move to accommodate people who haven't been seen at the Mill for years simply because they want a sing song? There's whole empty block next to Q block isn't there? Why cant that be used?
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby The One » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Spiritater wrote:You can't make em sing, same as you can't make em come and watch. You can't expect someone who's sat in a Q/P block seat for years just enjoying the game to start singin just cos some others do.


yeah, but if they actively dont like it, they can move their ST, is what I'm saying.


Agree for next season. For this though respect their right to sit/stand in their seat


Correct. Common sense. Have to boot kids out of my reserved seat every week. I do join in singing though as Chand and Random (games) will testify.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8642
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Who sits in P block ???

Postby Calstag » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:
Fitzy499 wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:
Calstag wrote:Sat in there yesterday, why do you not join in with the singing with Q ? It's really quiet in comparison to Q come on folks, it's field mill not the Emirates ;)

I think I was the only 1 yesterday, come on join in, ya never no you might like it...

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

:coys:


Simple answer is because many of them have already had a turn

Many of the older fans have

Stood On the old north stand terrace and sung their hearts out from 2pm till full time on a Saturday

Chanted songs for every player from the keeper to number 11 that consisted of more than one word ( with the exception of Dudley )

Created a song about the spirities that is still being sung 40 years on .

Arranged travel to away games long before supporters clubs were popular

Stuck by their local club while the European champions were playing 14 miles away

Done a sponsored walk to raise funds for the club

Witnessed so many false dawns but still keep believing


Many of the supporters who join in less frequently or hardly ever have seen it all before and only join in when something "worth " shouting about is happening or the atmosphere is good . The responsibility of creating an atmosphere that the older generation will join in now lies firmly in the hands of the yoof and a few older die hards.


I will concede that it was a lot easier to get an atmosphere going on the north stand terrace than it is now in an all seater stadium ,but , the fact remains that it was still the same age group as the current set of lads who are trying to get behind the team .try spreading the word amongst the young uns that things are changing at the mill and you may get more people to join in .



Amen


Are you saying everyone in P block is old and only willing to "sing when we're winning" ? If so I appreciate your heart felt speech but it's a lame excuse! I'm sure there's still fire in your belly after all these years, come on show the young uns how it's done!!! Kinda like the old bull young bull story.......... ;)



Didn't the old bull last longer than the young bull ?


Something like that and there was a field full :)
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests