{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The "Mansfield" Chad

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The "Mansfield" Chad

Postby Beano » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am

I see this embarrassingly poorly written ad riddled bottom trumpet of a rag is now asking Spireites to "tweet in their favourite Chesterfield goal"

What next, radio Mansfield reporting on Fores..................

Hang on a minute :shock: :shock: :shock:
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Re: The "Mansfield" Chad

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am

....and your point is?

:D
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am

Beano wrote:I see this embarrassingly poorly written ad riddled bottom trumpet of a rag is now asking Spireites to "tweet in their favourite Chesterfield goal"

East Midland Today getting our fixtures wrong and not showing goals.
Radio Florist spending more time on our poor the region's teams are then remembering we're up in contention.

Our local media sucks.
Shame Clownty look like they will survive as then EMT & Radio Florist wouldn't feature them at all like they didn't for us.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 am

stag861 wrote:
Beano wrote:I see this embarrassingly poorly written ad riddled bottom trumpet of a rag is now asking Spireites to "tweet in their favourite Chesterfield goal"

East Midland Today getting our fixtures wrong and not showing goals.
Radio Florist spending more time on our poor the region's teams are then remembering we're up in contention.

Our local media sucks.
Shame Clownty look like they will survive as then EMT & Radio Florist wouldn't feature them at all like they didn't for us.

Don't be so daft. If County were in the Methodist League, they would get better coverage than us.
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Too true, Marty told me earlier this season even if Clownty went down they'd have (free) 95.5fm, worldwide (free) internet commo, DAB Digital (free) commo and Pies Player commo and we'd have to make do with updates into their big game away to North Ferriby. Sickening thought really, and then there's 1.023 who have paid the club for broadcast rights who chose not to do it so they can concentrate on Florist. Sad sad times. Heaven help us if we ever went down to the Conf again, we'd be lucky to get a mention at full time.

Yes I'm still trying to save up to be able to afford Stagsplayer but I've spent some of the money on seed potatoes for t'garden.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:and then there's 1.023 who have paid the club for broadcast rights who chose not to do it so they can concentrate on Florist.

I've never quite got this. I listen to their coverage on the way to the match on Saturday and after the match and there's always Stags team news and interviews, with little mention of Forest.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Spiro, I was told not long ago that if County went down, because that would put County free to air on the internet, Radio Nottm would free up a frequency for Mansfield commentary, if they could get the rights.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Looks as though that's all gone up in smoke looking at the table, a couple more wins'll more than likely see County safe.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:29 pm

The Chad's days are numbered, no longer a local rag but a North Botts and Derbys paper.

Circulation dropping like a stone.

I wonder why?

Used to have a big office and press on Newgate Lane and a shop in town, now they are reduced to a pokey little office on the Sherwood Oaks business park. All the best journalists have gone and we are left with that Andy Done Johnson clown, a Corbynite lefty and middle-class apologist.

Fell sorry for John Lomas, a good journalist working for an awful paper.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

oldweststander wrote:The Chad's days are numbered, no longer a local rag but a North Botts and Derbys paper.

I wonder why?

Used to have a big office and press on Newgate Lane and a shop in town, now they are reduced to a pokey little office on the Sherwood Oaks business park. All the best journalists have gone and we are left with that Andy Done Johnson clown, a Corbynite lefty and middle-class apologist.

I feel for him too, does a brilliant job for us but gets slated because of the bigwigs at JP who don't know how to run a LOCAL newspaper properly
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Dan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:The Chad's days are numbered, no longer a local rag but a North Botts and Derbys paper.

I wonder why?

I feel for him too, does a brilliant job for us but gets slated because of the bigwigs at JP who don't know how to run a LOCAL newspaper properly

It's not just the Chad. All weekly papers are on a fast-track to oblivion. Is just that Johnston Press have more weekly papers than any other publisher. JP has been hell-bent on yielding the sort of profit that they have had in the boom years even though the market is collapsing.

They can only do this by rampant cost savings and de-localising the products. They are running out of areas to save money in their printed division and they have woefully under-exploited the digital market. In fact, their digital activity has done more to damage their printed products than anything else.

The Chad is still a weekly purchase for a lot of older readers but, as they dwindle in number, so does the Chad's circulation. Younger readers are not given any real reason to become new readers.

It's a real shame. I used to work for the Chad, but it's not worthy of my quid nowadays.
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 pm

I used to get really excited that it was 'Chad day' (used to be a Thursday) so I could read every single word on the super Stags. Now I don't even bother with it. I just read everything on line instead. The only time I really have a look at it is when I'm at the mother in laws & she has it passed on from her neighbour!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm

I have a look at Chad just to make sure I am not in the obituaries column.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am

no one likes us
we don't care
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 am

They should, imagine if we made the play offs we'd have to make do with updates into some Notts Cricket game on t'Beeb and reports sandwiched in between 'ARDWICK'S' ads on 10.32.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:They should, imagine if we made the play offs we'd have to make do with updates into some Notts Cricket game on t'Beeb and reports sandwiched in between 'ARDWICK'S' ads on 10.32.

Ey up, Gertie 'ere. What do Stags sell?
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum