{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A few words my friends

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

A few words my friends

Postby mapp stag » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm Mansfield through & through. Despite my London birth & upbringing I'm as much Mansfield as anyone on here. I travelled to Yeovil and Colchester and have only missed one home at Field Mill this season. I need to get a few things off my chest:

# Recent always have been painful - possession is fine but we've not tested opposition goalkeepers

# We aren't good enough to challenge at the top - a combination of misfiring strikers and sloppy defending isn't a great combination

# Infighting amongst fans ain't clever - very evident at Colchester. Come on lads we are all Mansfield. Sort it out.

# Give Rose and MacDonald more credit. Both work their socks off. If you don't go to aways you won't have seen this

Just saying
mapp stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: A few words my friends

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 pm

mapp stag wrote:I'm Mansfield through & through. Despite my London birth & upbringing I'm as much Mansfield as anyone on here. I travelled to Yeovil and Colchester and have only missed one home at Field Mill this season. I need to get a few things off my chest:

# Recent always have been painful - possession is fine but we've not tested opposition goalkeepers

# We aren't good enough to challenge at the top - a combination of misfiring strikers and sloppy defending isn't a great combination

# Infighting amongst fans ain't clever - very evident at Colchester. Come on lads we are all Mansfield. Sort it out.

# Give Rose and MacDonald more credit. Both work their socks off. If you don't go to aways you won't have seen this

Just saying

Mmmmmm.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:24 pm

mapp stag wrote:I'm Mansfield through & through. Despite my London birth & upbringing I'm as much Mansfield as anyone on here. I travelled to Yeovil and Colchester and have only missed one home at Field Mill this season. I need to get a few things off my chest:

Just saying

Hmmmm you sort of contradict yourself though.

Firstly saying not good enough to challenge at the top, misfiring strikers, possesion fine but no good if you don't test keepers.

Then say we need to give more credit to Rose and McDonald for running around a lot without actually scoring.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 pm

I can understand the points that he is saying. Too often on this forum when one gives a balanced view - stating both positives and negatives, people jump to the conclusion saying: 'you are contradicting yourself'. But No. It is possible to make two entirely separate points that are mutually exclusive.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:26 am

Vice President wrote:I can understand the points that he is saying. Too often on this forum when one gives a balanced view - stating both positives and negatives, people jump to the conclusion saying: 'you are contradicting yourself'. But No. It is possible to make two entirely separate points that are mutually exclusive.

Such as Matt Green is the best striker we've got & Matt Green is crap?! :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:37 am

So he went to Yeovil & Colchester but we didn't test the opposition goalkeeper? :roll:

Must have seen a different game to me then. We had more than enough efforts on target in both of those games to have won each game comfortably
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 am

Foresttownstag wrote:So he went to Yeovil & Colchester but we didn't test the opposition goalkeeper? :roll:

Must have seen a different game to me then. We had more than enough efforts on target in both of those games to have won each game comfortably

Perhaps he went on the wrong day?
Edders - 9-2 not a serious forecast
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

Just saying

I don't like to congratulate players for working hard. People should work hard in what ever line of work they are in. Green and McGuire work harder than most too.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby mapp stag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Fair point re hard work not being enough

The point I was making about testing keepers at Yeovil and Colchester was that despite dominating both second halves there were few attempts on target - more off target or blocks. Hope that clears that up.
mapp stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby garlic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm

dont get the bit about dis-unity amongst the fans at Colchester, I didnt see anything
garlic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 pm

garlic wrote:dont get the bit about dis-unity amongst the fans at Colchester, I didnt see anything

Neither did I, it would be pretty easy to spot as well, only 172 of us!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mapp stag » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Bloke sat next to me in first half near front at Colchester was giving Shearer stick, bloke behind defending him. Have seen the same at Field Mill with different folk and similar story at Yeovil.
mapp stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:49 am

Agree with you Mapp but its always been that way. There always has to be a fall guy for the fans to have a go at. A MTFC football match is the chance to have the weeky whinge :)
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm

I was the one defending Shearer on Tuesday at Colchester, I thought that the hate filled bile that spewed out towards Shearer was totally uncalled for. It's not often I get involved at games with other supporters like that, I for one just don't get it.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Oak Tree Stag wrote:I was the one defending Shearer on Tuesday at Colchester, I thought that the hate filled bile that spewed out towards Shearer was totally uncalled for. It's not often I get involved at games with other supporters like that, I for one just don't get it.

I didn't go to Colchester, but it sounds like the sort of garbage metered out to Paul Cox, Adam Murray, Adam Chapman, etc. The thing is if you say something you get your head ripped off. I've been there. It's best just to smile and say now't.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Oak Tree Stag wrote:I was the one defending Shearer on Tuesday at Colchester, I thought that the hate filled bile that spewed out towards Shearer was totally uncalled for. It's not often I get involved at games with other supporters like that, I for one just don't get it.

I didn't go to Colchester, but it sounds like the sort of garbage metered out to Paul Cox, Adam Murray, Adam Chapman, etc. The thing is if you say something you get your head ripped off. I've been there. It's best just to smile and say now't.

I have never got the screaming of abuse at our own players. If someone isn't good enough for what we want to achieve does anyone really believe, screaming at the top of your voice your doubts about his parentage is going to make him a better player.

Sure sit with your mates over a pint, or come on the likes of here and discuss the team's and an individual players failings, but I truly believe hurling personal abuse at one of our own during a game helps no one but the opposition.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:27 pm

These vitriolic morons will be the same folk who boo the team and manager off the field after a dodgy run. The cretins that go finger pointing and giving it the five knuckle shuffle sign when they crowd round the tunnel.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Indeed Spiro....

Some Carlisle supporters did have a go at the 'Bored' and at the end their players which was imo was very sad to see. I don't know what is happening behind the scenes there. Just underminds their players confidence.

Need to get behind our players now.

Obviously.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum