{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

The Carlisle scorefred sponsored by ....that barn door

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Carlisle scorefred sponsored by ....that barn door

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Rob wrote:I've said for months our forward selection should start with Rose and then pick whoever is playing the best to play with him - he was again outstanding today and showed why he is the best forward at the club, by a distance. He made a huge difference to those around him and whilst I have no doubt Green and Coulthirst will get the headlines, Rose was so much better than either of them. In fact, Green and Coulthirst were very poor in the first half but took their goals superbly so credit to them. All Danny was missing was a goal, but it was a 9/10 for me.

As for the officials, who I often defend, they were shocking - that throw that was ours 2nd half on the right wing was embarrassing for them, truly embarrassing.

What about the booking for rose and the 50/50 with whiteman??? Other than that I thought they were ok...
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Calstag wrote:
Rob wrote:I've said for months our forward selection should start with Rose and then pick whoever is playing the best to play with him - he was again outstanding today and showed why he is the best forward at the club, by a distance. He made a huge difference to those around him and whilst I have no doubt Green and Coulthirst will get the headlines, Rose was so much better than either of them. In fact, Green and Coulthirst were very poor in the first half but took their goals superbly so credit to them. All Danny was missing was a goal, but it was a 9/10 for me.

As for the officials, who I often defend, they were shocking - that throw that was ours 2nd half on the right wing was embarrassing for them, truly embarrassing.

What about the booking for rose and the 50/50 with whiteman??? Other than that I thought they were ok...

What game were you watching cal, rob was right they were dire. Two clear! Offsides missed, numerous weird fouls and that throw :lol:

Arguably our best performance this season, rose immense, macDonald quality too. Every one had a good game, we looked much better with Byrom centre mid and no Collins. Only downside Pearce, I hope it's not long
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
Calstag wrote:

What game were you watching cal, rob was right they were dire. Two clear! Offsides missed, numerous weird fouls and that throw :lol:

Arguably our best performance this season, rose immense, macDonald quality too. Every one had a good game, we looked much better with Byrom centre mid and no Collins. Only downside Pearce, I hope it's not long

Weve had a lot lot worse this year
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
Calstag wrote:

Didn't look very good, was quite heavily bandaged with an ice pack whilst he was sat in quarry lane stand near the tunnel. He was able to walk on it though so hopefully not as bad as it appeared.

Agree about the officials too linesman running the west stand was shocking, couldn't even keep up with play most of the match.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:25 pm

If Coulthirst had passed the ball when Rose was clean through, Danny would have got the goal his performance deserved. I think Rose will be a key player for us next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Reminded me of iysden, scored a great goal then can't lay off a simple pass...
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Im glad steve evans took note of my advice yesterday
when i wrote on here to remove defensive midfielder
dont need it especially at home
2 good goals could have had more
well done :)
nigegray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:35 pm

I think the only thing wrong with the ref today was he was wearing the wrong shirt. Should have been red.
Hon Sec
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:48 pm

nigegray wrote:Im glad steve evans took note of my advice yesterday
when i wrote on here to remove defensive midfielder
dont need it especially at home
2 good goals could have had more
well done :)

Collins is injured
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 pm

:) :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Good game, Rose gave everything and then a bit more and was also very effective, MOM for me as well, it was an impressive performance, shame he didn't get a goal from his best chance as he deserved it. Pleased that Green and Shaq scored, a good day for all the goalscorers, just what we needed after the 4 blanks which will hopefully do wonders for their confidence.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 pm

I know the popular opinion will be Danny Rose for MoM but Bennett was superb today, has he has been for a while. He was my MoM by quite a way.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Pleased for Matt, pleased for Shaq, pleased for t'whole team and

pleased for Woody too :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Spiritater wrote:Pleased for Matt, pleased for Shaq, pleased for t'whole team and

pleased for Woody too :D

Thanks, don't know why you doubted me :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 pm

One Swallow and all that Woody.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Anyone else enjoy hearing Stevo shouting at Green in the 2nd half from the upper west stand?
Brilliant result, all round good performance, Shaq should take note, stop trying to beat the man three times, just have a shot, cracking goal!
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 pm

1970Stag wrote:Anyone else enjoy hearing Stevo shouting at Green in the 2nd half from the upper west stand?
Brilliant result, all round good performance, Shaq should take note, stop trying to beat the man three times, just have a shot, cracking goal!

I had a call from my mate who's in Madrid, he heard him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 pm

If collins is injured it made the decision for him then
he didnt put mcguire in there
dont need a negative formation
nice to see forwards on the park
cant see collins coming back soon
nigegray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:45 pm

1970Stag wrote:Anyone else enjoy hearing Stevo shouting at Green in the 2nd half from the upper west stand?

Or pass to a team mate in a better position. However, great finish by Shaq.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:I know the popular opinion will be Danny Rose for MoM but Bennett was superb today, has he has been for a while. He was my MoM by quite a way.

He did well, especially when Pearce went off. But Rose was definitely mom in my eyes. He will be nursing a lot of bruises tomorrow
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 am

Im not the real OND wrote:I know the popular opinion will be Danny Rose for MoM but Bennett was superb today, has he has been for a while. He was my MoM by quite a way.

Bennett was good, but Rose was outstanding. Rose was my MOM by a very, very long way, which is longer than quite a way :lol:

I am a massive Bennett fan by the way and he could be player of the year if Pearce is out for a while.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 am

Oh if only ALL the players put in the committed effort shown by Rose!

Danny - definitely my MOM
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 am

What was reggae reggae Lambe's reception like yesterday? I quite liked him myself.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:45 am

I think a lot of folk didn't realise he was playing the same as ex player Raynes.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:What was reggae reggae Lambe's reception like yesterday? I quite liked him myself.

He played quite well in a central midfield position.

In term of reception - there wasn't one
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum