{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Carlisle scorefred sponsored by ....that barn door

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Carlisle scorefred sponsored by ....that barn door

Postby Amberheart » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am

Which sets of fans where singing Keith Curles Barmy army near the end of the game ?
I remember our fans gave him a great reception last season , which Murray didn't like at the time !
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 am

Anyone who gives Curle a good reception never witnessed him fail and dismantle the best side we'd had in a generation. Bizarre and telling that some warm to him.
Field Mill - The World's Oldest Professional Football Stadium (children not welcome)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:51 am

Hope their will be a ban for the Carlisle defender for hitting Shaq in the mouth.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Anyone who gives Curle a good reception never witnessed him fail and dismantle the best side we'd had in a generation. Bizarre and telling that some warm to him.

While I always want any visiting manager to go home miserable from Field Mill, I think Curle's time here is judged a little harshly.

The team was consistantly inconsistant all season, so a play off finish was probably where we deserved to finish, despite flirting with the top 3 at times. When that side was on song it played some fantastic football and as we all know, we were robbed in the playoff final by a one eyed lino.

What happened after the final was inevitable given who was running the club at the time. Even had we got promoted I think Haslam would have wanted to sell the family silver. Curle obviously wasn't happy with the situation which lead to the farce surrounding his eventual dismissal and to instalation of Haslam stooge Cartoon Palmer.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:16 am

Interesting article on Keith Curle's Mansfield memories. He even bumped into Hasloan in Sheffield last Wednesday.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... c205cce-ds
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:48 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Interesting article on Keith Curle's Mansfield memories. He even bumped into Hasloan in Sheffield last Wednesday.

With a 32 tonne truck I hope ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Interesting article on Keith Curle's Mansfield memories. He even bumped into Hasloan in Sheffield last Wednesday.

:lol: should have gone to specsavers :lol: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Their fans weren't happy at the end were they! :)
I thought Veggie could have been sent off as he was yellowed for waving his arms and ranting about a decision and then did the same 10 mins later and the ref did nothing. I always liked him, and would have liked to have kept him and Matty Blair. Wonder who Doncaster will release when they get promoted who we can pick up?
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Blair hopped it in the Summer after the club'd got him over his cruciate injury. Wouldn't want him back here ever again.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Spiritater wrote:Blair hopped it in the Summer after the club'd got him over his cruciate injury. Wouldn't want him back here ever again.

he was becoming a good player for us but it was a huge kick in the teeth when he jumped ship as soon as he was fully fit. we can get better with evo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:35 am

They deserve each other. In my mind one dismantled the club and the other dismantled one of the best teams we ever had.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:44 am

Amber Andy wrote:

They deserve each other. In my mind one dismantled the club and the other dismantled one of the best teams we ever had.

Yep, in fact, what many forget was Curle was best mates with Haslam until their fall out, they are very much from the same stock. I never took to Curle, really from the moment he sat in the stands waiting for Watkiss to be sacked and then into the way he publicly slated his players before getting rid of them. Since leaving us his managerial career has been a succession of failure and it looks like he is going to fail again this season despite being comfortably in the top three not so long ago. Decent player in his day but utter garbage manager.

I tried to resist comment, honest :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:57 am

same bracket as Holdsworth, Head came in five minutes before his body, no thanks
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum