{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What needs to change?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

What needs to change?

Postby tjsmith1991 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 pm

What is going on behind closed doors?

2/1`2 points is disgraceful. Specially a team battling for promotion this is a pathetic excuse.

Scott Shearer has been dreadful since Day 1. Yes he saves Penalties but what else does he do aside blame the defence for his mistakes?

New GK is a MASSIVE I think for the summer. A consistent Goal Scorer. Greeny is past it. Shaq is ball greedy.

Haven't been this un interested in Mansfields football for a very long time. The bookies should put bets on how long it takes for Mansfield to Score between now and the end of the season
tjsmith1991
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: What needs to change?

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Ok Smithy
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:40 pm

But, according to Evans, we are playing SO well and we are DOMINATING games......
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Stats tonight prove it.
Hon Sec
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:51 pm

We had a run similar to this mid season, 4-5 games with no goals. Once one goes in, I think it'll bring another burst of goals. Problem is, how long will it take?
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby TBS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 pm

Hon Sec wrote:Stats tonight prove it.

As they did on Saturday. Getting on for 60% possession in both games... nothing particularly wrong with the football, it's putting the chances away that's the problem & we're creating plenty.
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
TBS
First Team
First Team

Postby jacobs mouse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:54 pm

How about swapping all our strikers!!!
jacobs mouse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby vicar Jeremiah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Evans team selection tonight was mystifying, it's as if he feels that he can put anyone on the pitch and get a result. Woodhouse exservicemen had better wingers than Hemmings so I was surprised to see him get another chance. Let's go out and hammer Carlisle and we will feel better, but please 2 up front
Gods gift to mankind - Kylie Minogue
vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 pm

That's 30 attempts on goal in 2 games against 7 on our goal. Yet we score 0 and let in 4 it's a harsh world.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 pm

old ram stag wrote:That's 30 attempts on goal in 2 games against 7 on our goal. Yet we score 0 and let in 4 it's a harsh world.

It's not just 2 games, how many chances missed over 4 games!
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 pm

old ram stag wrote:That's 30 attempts on goal in 2 games against 7 on our goal. Yet we score 0 and let in 4 it's a harsh world.

It couldn't be more obvious what the problem is. I'm amazed that people are blaming Shearer and lack of chances. The strike force is weak. End of.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 pm

I think we have become too light weight. Not just upfront but throughout the team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Also disconcerting we concede 4 out of 7.

Can't buy a goal, it's not just the strikers missing the chances but also a lot easier for the opposition to score.

Two up front next game and tighten up at the back...attack as a team, defend as a team.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Top teams have goals all through the team, if their strikers have off days they still come up with a goal from other positions. Luke jones for example for us in the past. We don't have that at all of late.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tjsmith1991 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:49 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Top teams have goals all through the team, if their strikers have off days they still come up with a goal from other positions. Luke jones for example for us in the past. We don't have that at all of late.

I remember the Greenacre era, we bagged 76 goals when we went up in the early 2000's and that was other plays bagging for fun!
tjsmith1991
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 am

We absolutely battered them for 70 minutes tonight. So much so that at 2-0 up, the Colchester fans cheered when they made 2 passes. What is more embarrassing, is our complete inability to shoot, never mind score.

It would be no exaggeration to say that we could have easily scored 5+ goals tonight.

Shooting practice required desperately. I'm not sure what is the matter with Matt Green, it was like watching a close relative die tonight, the chances he missed were inexcusable. The guy works his socks off for the team, he gets in the right positions and puts himself about, but wow, he has the shooting ability of my 6 year old nephew.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby WeDeserveMore » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:24 am

Ben Superstag wrote:We absolutely battered them for 70 minutes tonight. So much so that at 2-0 up, the Colchester fans cheered when they made 2 passes. What is more embarrassing, is our complete inability to shoot, never mind score.

It would be no exaggeration to say that we could have easily scored 5+ goals tonight.

Shooting practice required desperately. I'm not sure what is the matter with Matt Green, it was like watching a close relative die tonight, the chances he missed were inexcusable. The guy works his socks off for the team, he gets in the right positions and puts himself about, but wow, he has the shooting ability of my 6 year old nephew.

Sounds similar to Saturday. Clearly results are massively important but I do like SE' s brand of football. The results will come... Maybe we brought SE in a tad late for this season though.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby skegbystag » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 am

I will tell you what needs to change we are too lightweight at the back in the middle and up front we never look like scoring form a set piece but look like conceding from one. Bring back Taft and Howkins if they still exist and get some muscle up front. We are getting beat by more physical but less talented teams! Midgets like Hemmings and co are too lightweight.
skegbystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:41 am

First time tonight I have heard an away crowd being very hostile to Matt Green.

It is something I thought I'd never hear shouted at a legend.

But the normal supportive away crowd have finally turned against Greenie.

Don't think there is any way back for him now. He is a goner.

I have a lot of sympathy for the away attendees as players especially Greenie can't keep missing gilt edge chances like Greenie had again tonight without getting stick from the travelling faithful.
Will we ever let in another goal with Pearce at centre back.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 am

part time pete wrote:First time tonight I have heard an away crowd being very hostile to Matt Green.

It is something I thought I'd never hear shouted at a legend.

But the normal supportive away crowd have finally turned against Greenie.

Don't think there is any way back for him now. He is a goner.

I have a lot of sympathy for the away attendees as players especially Greenie can't keep missing gilt edge chances like Greenie had again tonight without getting stick from the travelling faithful.

Pete, I feel you need to edit your footnote again. Oh you have I've just seen it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:58 am

Terry Austin still works on Nottingham Rd, give him a call :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 am

vicar Jeremiah wrote:Evans team selection tonight was mystifying, it's as if he feels that he can put anyone on the pitch and get a result. Woodhouse exservicemen had better wingers than Hemmings so I was surprised to see him get another chance. Let's go out and hammer Carlisle and we will feel better, but please 2 up front

That would be a reasonable argument if we weren't creating chances. But we are creating chances and dominating other teams. The problem is we haven't got anyone who can convert those chances into goals.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

We;re playing very well just not having the luck and starting to prove that were a few players short of being good enough.

My player out list is starting to grow.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:But, according to Evans, we are playing SO well and we are DOMINATING games......

We are dominating games? Are you watching them with your eyes closed?

There's only so much Evans can do, if the players on the pitch can create 10+ good chances per game but can't put the ball in the net, who's fault is that?

Yeovil, Plymouth and last night all prime examples of games we never looked like losing but sadly if we were still playing now we wouldn't have scored.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm

we need to remember where we were 6 months.
Yes we aren't scoring, but we are dominating games and making many teams look like we used to.
This is a massive step forward for us and shows what Evans is capable of.
I do truly believe we have the players at the club to turn this around and all it will take is one bit of good luck.

Promotion is year was always a tall ask, and still is, but for me I still believe
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum