{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Gone right down hill....( and back up again)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Gone right down hill....( and back up again)

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 pm

....now I'm not one to moan but just took my family to the 'Sandy Pate' bar for our tea..!!!
What's happened to the place, we ordered 4 meals..

Wife= goats cheese salad

Son= meat feast pizza

Daughter= kids meal(chic nuggs,pasta, corn on the cob)

Me= special lamb& mint pudding with mash

Turns out they haven't got any goats cheese, not a problem-the Wife had fish & chips!!

We sit down and chat like all families do, then wait a bit more and a bit more then some more...
I was just about to go and ask if they'd forgotten us when one of the staff came to tell me he's really sorry but there's no Lamb &mint pudding!!!
Not a problem "what have you got" I said!!!
I ended up ordering steak & ale pie!!!

Eventually all our food came... would you believe it but my daughter's pasta came without any pasta sauce, I asked if we can get some sauce for her pasta... they came back and said "sorry, we haven't got any"!!!!

Luckily I asked if my daughter could have some more nuggets as she wouldn't eat the pasta without sauce, they did bring some nuggets out...!!

As I said earlier, I hate to moan but I think the place has gone downhill since they changed the menu(upped the price of food too)...

We used to go in there at least once/twice a week before because it was somewhere you could take the kids for good value food!!!! We've had some really nice experiences there in the past but now they've raised their prices to higher end pub prices I don't think I'll return in a hurry!!!

At the end of the day it's a 'Sports bar', the old menu used to be great but this one is a bit 'meh'...
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Re: Gone right down hill....

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:52 pm

does not sound good that
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

I've often thought about eating in there, but I'm really not a fan of pate.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Used to go a couple of times a week but not at all since they changed the menu. Miss my Cottage Pie :crazy:

Loss of Monday night player interviews and end of live music on Friday night has had its effect too.
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Postby BigDave » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10 am

I personally don't go in to eat no more since the change of menu, but when I have been in the food has been bang on and the staff also, but at one point you couldn't move in there on Monday and Friday nights but now there a couple in if any!
I have also suggested when on a Saturday away game when the bar opens do deals to get people from the SSA in there, for example a coffee and a cob for £3/£3.5 to try and get more people in before the travels, we normally go i and sink a few pints before we set off but only 10 from a full bus bothers...
BigDave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mansfield_smooth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 am

Chris M wrote:Used to go a couple of times a week but not at all since they changed the menu. Miss my Cottage Pie :crazy:

Loss of Monday night player interviews and end of live music on Friday night has had its effect too.

I've got a gig coming up on the 31st in there! That's a Friday night gig!
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 am

I can understand your frustration.
Just imagine how frustrating it must be that when your Pasta (without Pasta Sauce) and Steak & Kidney Pie (minus Lamb) doesn't turn up, that you have to wait until you get home to complain about it on Stagsnet, rather than to the member of staff who served you and is employed by the football club.

I bet all these top chef's are logging into Stagsnet as we speak to find out if Mick from Mansfield liked his Chicken Dippers with chips and peas.

Guess it must have been a slow news day down at OC Stadium.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:59 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I've often thought about eating in there, but I'm really not a fan of pate.

You what? Sandy was the best full back we have ever had.I bet you don't like Curry either.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:25 am

Best 7 day a week sports bar we have ever had down there.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:26 am

whipster221073 wrote:I can understand your frustration.
Just imagine how frustrating it must be that when your Pasta (without Pasta Sauce) and Steak & Kidney Pie (minus Lamb) doesn't turn up, that you have to wait until you get home to complain about it on Stagsnet, rather than to the member of staff who served you and is employed by the football club.

I bet all these top chef's are logging into Stagsnet as we speak to find out if Mick from Mansfield liked his Chicken Dippers with chips and peas.

Looks like you're struggling to understand the concept of a "discussion board" ;)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:28 am

Whilst respecting your right to complain, I think there is a little one sided comment on here.

We use this venue very regularly and I agree there isn't as much choice as there used to be which is sad. I also have had two occasions when I had to wait forever for our meals to come. But balance that with the fact that we have never had a bad meal in there and some have been superb and you get a more rounded picture.

We also use The Foxglove regularly and I can assure that standards and choice don't come anywhere near to Sandy's. In respect of price, yes it's gone up but is still miles lower than most of the competition. Remember you get bonus meals and drinks if you save the stamps and you don't need many to qualify. I think if you do that it works out on average to be between 15% and 12% discount. The others don't do that.

I'm sorry you had one bad experience but don't let that cloud the fact that this is a friendly, mostly efficient and very competitively priced venue in which to eat. Give them another chance and try the Sunday Dinners which are superb.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I've often thought about eating in there, but I'm really not a fan of pate.

You what? Sandy was the best full back we have ever had.I bet you don't like Curry either.

Read it as French variant :shock:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:50 am

whipster221073 wrote:I can understand your frustration.

Funnily enough I DID complain, just got a shrug of the shoulders and a sorry!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Whilst respecting your right to complain, I think there is a little one sided comment on here.

We use this venue very regularly and I agree there isn't as much choice as there used to be which is sad. I also have had two occasions when I had to wait forever for our meals to come. But balance that with the fact that we have never had a bad meal in there and some have been superb and you get a more rounded picture.

We also use The Foxglove regularly and I can assure that standards and choice don't come anywhere near to Sandy's. In respect of price, yes it's gone up but is still miles lower than most of the competition. Remember you get bonus meals and drinks if you save the stamps and you don't need many to qualify. I think if you do that it works out on average to be between 15% and 12% discount. The others don't do that.

I'm sorry you had one bad experience but don't let that cloud the fact that this is a friendly, mostly efficient and very competitively priced venue in which to eat. Give them another chance and try the Sunday Dinners which are superb.

I used to go in there all the time, Sunday dinners and all!!!
I think the only time I'll go in from now on will be for Sunday dinners only!!

I just think the club are losing out big time since the menu has changed!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:05 am

Yes the menu was a lot better but I'm struggling to find anywhere that comes close even now.

At the end of the day it's a reasonably priced fast food venue. That's what you pay for and that's what you get.

We tried Frankie and Benny's the other night and although ok it wasn't a patch.

Yes Sandy's could be more comfortable but then it wouldnt serve its main purpose as a match day drinking hole. It's as good as any other clubs at our level which can't be bad. Let's just be grateful for what we've got as we could go back to nothing if it's not supported. Look what happened when no one went for breakfast in mid week.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Haha

I was (and always will be) a fan of the Pate (Sandy) but NOT the pate (liver product).

As for curry .... I always enjoyed watching Bill and I ALSO enjoy a regular trip to Modhu Mittha, after a few beers in the Brown Cow.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Yes the menu was a lot better but I'm struggling to find anywhere that comes close even now.

At the end of the day it's a reasonably priced fast food venue. That's what you pay for and that's what you get.

We tried Frankie and Benny's the other night and although ok it wasn't a patch.

Yes Sandy's could be more comfortable but then it wouldnt serve its main purpose as a match day drinking hole. It's as good as any other clubs at our level which can't be bad. Let's just be grateful for what we've got as we could go back to nothing if it's not supported. Look what happened when no one went for breakfast in mid week.

Well said, if we think back to the Haslam years, he is the one who built a new ground with no provision at all for a supporters bar! Now look what we have and I am sure judging by how busy it is, it is making the club a decent profit. I've had rubbish meals at good restaurants, so you are bound to get the odd bad one. Overall, my experiences of SPB have always been very, very good.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Here hear.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Haha

I was (and always will be) a fan of the Pate (Sandy) but NOT the pate (liver product).

As for curry .... I always enjoyed watching Bill and I ALSO enjoy a regular trip to Modhu Mittha, after a few beers in the Brown Cow.

Nice one Edders. I thought you would see the funny side. For the record I don't like liver pate.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Whilst respecting your right to complain, I think there is a little one sided comment on here.

I tried the Sunday dinner the other week mate and it was bad. We had Yorkshires like bricks, burnt rosaties and unseasoned veg, I was also upstairs with your brother yesterday and it was no better in there. Again burnt roasts, dry chicken drowned in sauce, and a bought in tart for pudding. The veg soup was nice though.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 am

I wasn't going to put anything online but just came across this,

Went yesterday and it was the worst ''Sunday roast'' I have had. Also ordered a 4.95 prawn cocktail as a starter which literally had 4 prawns in. Made a note on their feedback sheet but i wont be going there for food again.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 am

I'm afraid the last couple of times we've been in for food it has noticeably gone down hill in terms of the quality of the food and the amount of time we have had to wait. Me, the wife and our daughter would go in a couple of times a month and it was always our first choice, the food and service were excellent and it was a chance to put some extra money into the club for me.

I hope the clubs takes the feedback on board and brings the standards back up.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I have to admit.... I like the place and do have meals there however I am not a fan of the new menu (i still go in anyway). Its a sports bar. Pub grub and footy!

Its never going to be 'And why not' which is the plan here.

Its all about knowing the market -Snooty toffs will go to and why not. not stags lol
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:18 pm

The last time I ate there I had a Sunday roast dinner and it was bang on but I've not ate since. The new Sunday menu isn't great unless you want a dinner and all I ever used to have anyway was a Mixed Grill which you now don't get a food sticker for because it's over £10.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm not a fan of the new menu either. Not as much choice and some of my favourites are now missing. Its like the club are cutting back on cost of ingredients and striped back the choice.. Had to wait over 45 minutes once for 3 dinners. The bar staff are all great but the kitchen needs improvment.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum