{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Green

Postby Norman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:33 am

Was given his chance yesterday and failed miserably. He should have been sold in the transfer window. Back to the bench for him from now on!
Norman
First Team
First Team

Re: Green

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am

Norman wrote:Was given his chance yesterday and failed miserably. He should have been sold in the transfer window. Back to the bench for him from now on!

Doomy n Gloom is back
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:15 am

Football is a confidence game. Greeny is easily good enough and should now be in his prime. He just needs one to bounce in off his backside and he will be up and running again. I must admit though I was surprised that we did not bring Danny Rose on to support him in the 2nd half. You could also say that Yoann Arquin was a bit unlucky not to start after his great goal on Tuesday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 am

Norman wrote:Was given his chance yesterday and failed miserably. He should have been sold in the transfer window. Back to the bench for him from now on!

I don't entirely disagree with you, but you'd have a lot more credibility if you also posted the odd positive comment every now and then.

Go on, give it a try.............. ;)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:21 am

He could even try a BOGOF but that would be too much to ask.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:22 am

One defeat in ten and the troll scurries out from under the bridge.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby TBS » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am

Sneag wrote:One defeat in ten and the troll scurries out from under the bridge.

He really gets my goat...
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
TBS
First Team
First Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 am

Over rated player and isn't the same player he once was.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 am

Green isn't suited to our current style of play. It requires the forwards to show and get the ball to feet, and pass it one and 2 touch and this has never been his game. Rose, Shaq, and Hoban are better suited to this. Green can still have a big part to play but at the minute he should be used as a plan B
BH_Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby joelevansjoel » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Completely impotent in front of goal yesterday. But our entire attacking force was.

I think Shaq did a good job of looking like he was working hard second half but he couldn't be bothered.
joelevansjoel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stags4eva » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Getting sick of all these green comments as soon as something doesn't go right. Suppose people need someome to pick on now our other longest serving player clements has left.

Apart from two penalties and a tap in what has coulthirst done since he came? Because all i ever see is him holding on to the ball for too long and ending up on his arse? Why isn't there thread about him asking for him to dropped? Ridiculous
stags4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:11 pm

stags4eva wrote:Getting sick of all these green comments as soon as something doesn't go right. Suppose people need someome to pick on now our other longest serving player clements has left.

Apart from two penalties and a tap in what has coulthirst done since he came? Because all i ever see is him holding on to the ball for too long and ending up on his arse? Why isn't there thread about him asking for him to dropped? Ridiculous

Totally agree about Coulthirst, as said on another thread the search for a clinical striker goes on. I'm afraid Green, Arquin or Rose aren't the answer either.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Still the same norm. Doesn't matter who the manager is, he says nothing for nine games unbeaten but then comes trudging back when we lose! don't feed the troll as they say

also agree on coulthirst although it's early days, he has scored a few but his control is poor and he doesn't look like the clinical striker we need. will be a good squad player i'm sure though
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Clinical strikers are hard to come by and are difficult to prise away from similar sized clubs. The big boys also snap them up mid season such as Bogle. Often clubs just have to take a punt on a striker such as Shaq and hope it pays off.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stags4eva » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Rose is the best striker we have at the minute he needs to start every game with the others fighting it out to partner him
stags4eva
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Wh_Stag » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Shaq in 5 games has three goals and two assists.. Hes young and has a lot to prove because i don't think he's ever done anything other than come out of spurs academy.

I think we'll make a big bid for a decent striker in summer
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 pm

If the january transfer window was anything to go by I am excited for a full summer of transfers!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:41 pm

stags4eva wrote:Rose is the best striker we have at the minute he needs to start every game with the others fighting it out to partner him

Totally agree with this, we fight from the front with Danny playing, maybe time for Rose and Arquinn (who looks at least as useful as the rest in his limited time recently)
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Sorry, who's our top goalscorer this season?
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:19 pm

zygon2003 wrote:Sorry, who's our top goalscorer this season?

I have made this comment numerous times and folk still think he's not good enough. I think we would miss him big time if he left for another league two club. Green needs to find his confidence again, we've seen it before where he goes on a drought and all it takes is one goal for him to get involved in the goals again.

We need to stick by our players, not just greeny but all of them! they're bound to have poor games as believe it or not... WE'RE IN LEAGUE TWO!! If you expect him to score a goal every game then expectations are too high, he is a great striker when in form.
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
zygon2003 wrote:Sorry, who's our top goalscorer this season?

I have made this comment numerous times and folk still think he's not good enough. I think we would miss him big time if he left for another league two club.

This^
Chacawab
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:44 pm

For sure if he left in the Summer for another Lge 2 club you could bet your bottom dollar that when we played them Green'd be on the scoresheet.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bread » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:48 pm

He was isolated on his own up top yesterday, can't blame him for that. Only had 15 mins with Shaq at the side of him. More concerned about Benning and the sloppiness from the back and midfield. Yes we were poor but hopefully it's a wake up call that might not be bad for the long term gain. Make them all work harder and put it right next week.
bread
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Spot on Bobby. We need to stick by our players whilst they are wearing the Amber and Blue.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Spot on Bobby. We need to stick by our players whilst they are wearing the Amber and Blue.

I agree, we do need to stick by our players on match days, but surely this forum is the right place to discuss the form of our players, good or bad?

This would be a dull old place if all we had were folk agreeing with each other all the time that all our players are fabulous all the time :lol:

Are we supposed to say how great everyone was yesterday Darren? If so, I'm out!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum