{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Green

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Some people getting a bit carried away now.

He scored a well taken goal and ran around like a headless chicken for a bit.

His overall play wasn't great and up until he scored he was pretty much the worst player on the pitch. Even after the goal he didn't do a deal.

I hope he goes onto score the goals to send us up - but i doubt he will. His all round play has not been good enough for the last two seasons.

Perhaps you could form a support group with Norman, it must have been traumatic for you both yesterday that Green helped turn things around. This singling Green out for criticism is getting a bit sad now.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MickHead » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 pm

I'd swap Green and Shaq around for the next game. Shaq provided an assist and a goal from wide positions and although I thought Green had a decent game, Shaq looks more dangerous than him out wide.

Now Green has got that goal I really fancy him to start banging them in if played centrally. Really pleased for him yesterday.
MickHead
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bradders » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:01 pm

MickHead wrote:I'd swap Green and Shaq around for the next game. Shaq provided an assist and a goal from wide positions and although I thought Green had a decent game, Shaq looks more dangerous than him out wide.

Now Green has got that goal I really fancy him to start banging them in if played centrally. Really pleased for him yesterday.

I think that he needs a little space to control the ball and turn when he gets it, so is better slightly wide rather than in the middle. I'm surprised that some people thought him poor yesterday - I saw him as having one of his best games in recent weeks. As well as actually scoring, he did some great work in midfield.
Coulthirst I thought had a mixed bag of a match, getting in some great positions but then slow to deal with situations and tending to give the ball away easily. Just before he scored I was expecting him to be top of the list to be taken off as he looked tired and not sharp.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:

His overall play wasn't great and up until he scored he was pretty much the worst player on the pitch. Even after the goal he didn't do a deal.

I hope he goes onto score the goals to send us up - but i doubt he will. His all round play has not been good enough for the last two seasons.

Perhaps you could form a support group with Norman, it must have been traumatic for you both yesterday that Green helped turn things around. This singling Green out for criticism is getting a bit sad now.

scored nearly 30 goals over two seasons, not a bad return at all in my opinion. well done to greeny and i hope he starts to bang a few more in so he's here next season!
bobbystagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:

Talking of which where is Norman ? Oh silly me we won.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Bradders wrote:
MickHead wrote:I'd swap Green and Shaq around for the next game. Shaq provided an assist and a goal from wide positions and although I thought Green had a decent game, Shaq looks more dangerous than him out wide.

I think that he needs a little space to control the ball and turn when he gets it, so is better slightly wide rather than in the middle. I'm surprised that some people thought him poor yesterday - I saw him as having one of his best games in recent weeks. As well as actually scoring, he did some great work in midfield.
Coulthirst I thought had a mixed bag of a match, getting in some great positions but then slow to deal with situations and tending to give the ball away easily. Just before he scored I was expecting him to be top of the list to be taken off as he looked tired and not sharp.

I saw Shaq's performance the same as you and both my son and I thought he was certain to be subbed just before he scored, in fact, we had a laugh with a chap sat behind over just that saying its a good job Evans is the manager and not us! Fair play to him though, it was an excellent goal.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:53 pm

i just thought i would remind norman that
matt green hasnt scored since saturday.
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum