{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

103.2 adverts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 103.2 adverts

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 pm

steve-hymas wrote:What does surprise me is that it is the best time possible to be broadcasting the stags .When we looked like going bust it was always on the airwaves.They have now switched to forest at the worst possible time ..Is it the case where folk would sooner listen to bad news.Or is it just a coincidence .I get on well with Tony D but have not had a call in months .Probably because there is no doom on the horizon :lol:

The Stations coverage of the Stags, especially when Jason and the much missed Matt were broadcasting, used to be fantastic and we had never had better. I can only assume that despite this great coverage that all of us enjoyed so much, it wasn't bringing in the listeners which of course they need to bring in the advertisers. It is a real shame that the towns radio station is not completely behind its football team, as it once was.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Charlie Slater is head and shoulders above anything 103.2 has to offer.
Just listen to his pre and post match interviews.
sw19stag
First Team
First Team

Postby joey bananas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Why anyone would want to listen to Radio Florist 2 I can't imagine. I'd sooner listen to Charlie Slater on Radio Nottm. He's far more polished than any of the 102.3 presenters. You can ram your station and adverts where the sun doesn't shine Tony.

Totally agree, but can I just add, I don't think it's anything to do with Jason Harrison. If ever there was a Stags biased broadcaster, it's him. Comes across as very enthusiastic with our club

Went to school with Jason in Warsop. Local lad and has always been stags through and through. Very clever lad as well.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Paul N » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Sorry but had to be done. ;) time for a commercial break.

paul.nyland@mansfieldtown.net
facebook.com/mansfieldtownfccommercial
twitter.com/MTFCCommercial
Paul N
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm

steve-hymas wrote:What does surprise me is that it is the best time possible to be broadcasting the stags .When we looked like going bust it was always on the airwaves.They have now switched to forest at the worst possible time ..Is it the case where folk would sooner listen to bad news.Or is it just a coincidence .I get on well with Tony D but have not had a call in months .Probably because there is no doom on the horizon :lol:

Maybe it's time to get on the front foot, Steve, and give him a bell. The man needs a talking to.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:04 pm

I was extremely pissed off at the start of the season when they stopped doing live commentary for away games without letting anyone know. Then even more pissed when I keep hearing forest all the time when they there own dedicated Channel with BBC Nottingham as do Notts county.

Mansfield 103.2 have let the fans down with their seems like total coverage of forest. They might as well cover county and chesterfield as well.

What they should be doing and have always done is cover the stags and only the stags. After the game have the interviews with manager and players and then have a stags fans phone in about the game. That way more devoted fans would list to their station and they would probably get more income from better commercial. It is so simple.
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Cuckney v Hosiery Mills gets better coverage than Stags
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:25 pm

I think it is diabolical that the local radio station does not support the local football league team.

IMHO the Stags coverage was good, but the other content on the station is amateurish, then there are the endless adverts and constant plugging of the radio station itself. No Stags equals no reason for me to ever tune in.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Calstag » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:27 pm

I'd rather listen to my 1.9tdi ticking over
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 pm

"Ey up, Gertie 'ere. T' Stags are really motorin' now. They must have been to 'ardwicks!"
9dder2
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

They are getting some right hammer on facebook.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Chander Lear wrote:They are getting some right hammer on facebook.

Much deserved hammer, but they wont listen.

Normally, if any company, let alone a company needing advertising revenue, had a negative review, they'd at least acknowledge the review and attempt to pacify the person concerned. I posted a negative review at the start of the season on Facebook so they can see I wrote it, and contact me if preferred, and know I'm not the only one, but I haven't heard a thing from them. I'd have expected a statement if nothing else.

Says it all, when at the start of the season, who was on the Florist panel at the game, TDH himself. I can only presume he's a Florist fan so wanted a free ticket.

They may say, "well there's more forest fans in the area than Stags" which may be true, but they advertise and name themselves MANSFIELD 103.2. Get a bloody backbone and support the local team FULLY.
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 pm

TDH is a thick skinned individual so I doubt any amount of hammer will affect him. He will of course if we get to Wembley want to be the first person on the pitch to interview Evo if we win. Of course 10.32 will suddenly become pro Mansfield if we get to the P/O final. I just hope nobody listens to them and listens to Charlie Slater's excellent commo on t'Beeb instead. They'd do it justice and not be interupted by Coleman's, B&J or Ardwick's ads every 5 mins.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Bit harsh on the advertisers Tater. They just want to promote a business and 103.2 does have some listeners... Its a commercial station, so like all of them are littered with ads every 15/20 mins.

The beeb do offer a good service across many areas but its easy to do that if your given a bucket load of tax payers money each year.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Anyone remember the stagsplayer coverage that got interrupted for the cricket?

The club would be better served binning them off and getting the interview done over stagsplayer. following the game Martin and co have a little chat about the game, by this time one of them could go down and interview evans. get people to text in to the text line the questions they'd like asking.

I have no idea if this is possible (if we can bring coverage by phone then may be easier) but it would be an excellent addition to the stagsplayer coverage. Also those who go to the games can load it up and have a listen. Would get more subscribers.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Anyone remember the stagsplayer coverage that got interrupted for the cricket?

The club would be better served binning them off and getting the interview done over stagsplayer. following the game Martin and co have a little chat about the game, by this time one of them could go down and interview evans. get people to text in to the text line the questions they'd like asking.

I have no idea if this is possible (if we can bring coverage by phone then may be easier) but it would be an excellent addition to the stagsplayer coverage. Also those who go to the games can load it up and have a listen. Would get more subscribers.

I remember that, I was so angry I could not believe! That cricket guy was droning on and we missed some of the game.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:14 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Just before they went onto another dreadful advert the presenter said evans is going on abit so we have cut him short.

Just before this they had a dismal forest match report from the most misrible person they could find.

This report wrnt on for ages

I would imagine they were getting their money's worth. I was working at the Norwich game on Saturday and was shocked to see a presenter there from 103.2, that would've cost a bit to send him over there.

I've thought about this for ages about why a MANSFIELD radio station would want to cover a NOTTINGHAM team, especially when they've got an established BBC radio station of their own that covers both Nottm teams as well as us. The only thing that comes to mind is that they split the frequency, 95.5 which you get clearer in Mansfield is the one they use for Notts County & the 103.6 (I think) is the one they use for Forest which is stronger in Nottingham. So I'm guessing that 103.2 are trying to grab the scrag ends of Forest fans who live around here who might not be able to listen to their commentary on BBCRN.

However, my saturday consists of turning on BBCRN at 1.30pm as the build up is excellent with Robin Chipperfield. 90% of it is Forest but it's still a really good listen. You usually get the brilliant Charlie Slater on as well with a pre match interview with Steve Evans. At 2pm they give out team news from all 3 clubs and dissect it with how many cnanges have been made etc. There's usually an interview with Evans and a player from the Thursday presser too. You could sit in your car until 2.50pm listening, it's really good to listen to. Then after the game they're on until 6pm. Again it's mostly Forest & Notts, but we get a match report from Charlie, interviews with Evans & sometimes 1 or 2 players in between visits to the other 2 grounds. Around 5.45pm it's the Panthers but then they finish off with the live commentary of the goals from all 3 games. The journalists on BBCRN are absolutely brilliant, especially Charlie Slater and Robin Chipperfield. These guys make the show what it is. There's absolutely no reason to listen to 103.2 whatsoever on a Saturday afternoon.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 am

Spot on Dan, couldn't have put it better myself. It's a Football Show and indeed a good listen.

Ok 103.1 need to finance through ads n music, but it frankly drives me round the bend during a footy show having to listen to all that crap when I can listen to essentially the same interviews on t'Beeb. I even love listening to the fallout from the latest Notts or Florist defeat, sad but true. As you say the montage of goal clips at the end makes you feel great if we've won and t'other two have lost.

Florist do have also the 1584MW(was going to be ours before t'club sold out to 10.32 a few years back) frequency for those struggling to tune in to the FM airwave.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 am

Good summary Dan. The only problem post match is listening to Uncle Colin droning on as he interviews all and sundry before we get anyone from Mansfield. Perhaps as we get closer to automatic promotion BBCRN will give us more air time
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 am

Bros wrote:Good summary Dan. The only problem post match is listening to Uncle Colin droning on as he interviews all and sundry before we get anyone from Mansfield. Perhaps as we get closer to automatic promotion BBCRN will give us more air time

Yes Colin does, but only if they've won which thankfully isn't very often recently. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am

Is there another radio station that has a post match interview with Steve.

After being made to put 103.trator on Saturday and having to listen to absolute rubbish and the interview being cut short not to mention the dreadful questions they ask Steve there has to be a better alternative.

:mtfc: :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc: :mtfc:
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Is there another radio station that has a post match interview with Steve.

After being made to put 103.trator on Saturday and having to listen to absolute rubbish and the interview being cut short not to mention the dreadful questions they ask Steve there has to be a better alternative.

the post match interviews, and indeed pre match interviews are with 103 and Radio Nottm. The 103 interviews (pre and post) are filmed and put on StagsPlayerHD within an hour
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
wardy12345 wrote:Is there another radio station that has a post match interview with Steve.

the post match interviews, and indeed pre match interviews are with 103 and Radio Nottm. The 103 interviews (pre and post) are filmed and put on StagsPlayerHD within an hour

The bottom line is, 103.2 really dropped a bballock with this one. The disrespect we as mansfield fans feel is boarders insult. They had the opportunity to back the club, but chose another one, who quite frankly are a club going nowhere. But yes they are a bigger club than the one that resides in the same town as the one that the radio station are supposed to serve.

I think the only way people would willingly return now is if they had unadulterated exclusive rights.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I think the only way people would willingly return now is if they had unadulterated exclusive rights.

they do have exclusive rights to radio commentary Arsene. They choose not to use those rights as they believe the listener figures do not warrant it. They are the club's official radio partner, which is why they get first dibs on all manager/player interviews and Radio Nottingham go second.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I think the only way people would willingly return now is if they had unadulterated exclusive rights.

they do have exclusive rights to radio commentary Arsene. They choose not to use those rights as they believe the listener figures do not warrant it. They are the club's official radio partner, which is why they get first dibs on all manager/player interviews and Radio Nottingham go second.

oh I thought they chose not to renew the contract. almost more insulting.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum