{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

103.2 adverts

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

103.2 adverts

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:49 pm

If there is one thing that really gripes me, its adverts, chad being the worst. Now i understand its all about revenue but today 103.2 really annoyed me

I had just got home as the evans interview came on looking forward to what he had to say, then they had to cut it off halfway through because it was over lapping the advert time

Seriously what is all that about. Would a delay in 2mins really have been that bad??

Anyway.. nothing else to moan about seeing as the club, football and the fans are epic coys
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Re: 103.2 adverts

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Do they like us again now? I can't keep up. I'd imagine Delahunty's fat stodgy ego fingers are hovered over the John Radford contact on his phone right now, ready to ring and plead for an outside broadcast, because there's an opportunity to hog a limelight going begging over at Field Mill that he manoeuvred himself out of by brilliantly backing the wrong horse with Forest this season, with a radio station called Mansfield.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 pm

I was thinking the same sort of thing today. We'd appeared to get some favouritism before ko too
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Just before they went onto another dreadful advert the presenter said evans is going on abit so we have cut him short.

Just before this they had a dismal forest match report from the most misrible person they could find.

This report wrnt on for ages
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Wh_Stag » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm

They interrupted Evans post match interview and literally said something like "that was going on a bit" played some adverts then went back to him.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Vote with your switching off fingers, it's dead easy. (Do they still have Mrs Wiggins, that Coleman bloke and that shrieking woman from Kirkby??)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Tel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Not listened to it for months. Take it off your presets.
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Why anyone would want to listen to Radio Florist 2 I can't imagine. I'd sooner listen to Charlie Slater on Radio Nottm. He's far more polished than any of the 102.3 presenters. You can ram your station and adverts where the sun doesn't shine Tony.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Spiritater wrote:Why anyone would want to listen to Radio Florist 2 I can't imagine. I'd sooner listen to Charlie Slater on Radio Nottm. He's far more polished than any of the 102.3 presenters. You can ram your station and adverts where the sun doesn't shine Tony.

Totally agree, but can I just add, I don't think it's anything to do with Jason Harrison. If ever there was a Stags biased broadcaster, it's him. Comes across as very enthusiastic with our club
Something tells me we're into something good
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:47 pm

You've gone from moaning about not getting to bar on a saturday night to now moaning about adverts on 103.2.

You've changed Pear.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:04 am

You are listening to matchday special on 103.2 ,Mansfield have just finished their game and we will get a report after an advert from c and k carpets but first here's Jazz with the only way is up .

Been like it for years. I used to have A 15 minute drive home after a game and often I would not hear a single piece of sports news .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:17 am

I am shocked and amazed that any Stags fan still listens to this station after they came out as Nottingham Forest supporters.
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 am

Me too. I carry my trusty pocket radio to games and have it tuned to t'Beeb. I want to listen to footy talk on a Sat afternoon, and not the latest offering from Bouncy or ads with Gertie in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:36 am

I hope Evans finds out they were disrespectful and tells them to do one the next time they stick a mic in his face.

Delahunty picked the wrong season to switch allegiances, which in itself is hilarious :)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:43 am

I've defended them in the past but last night was a joke. I got in the car down Quarry lane 5 mins after full time. It only takes me 10 to get home but in that time i didn't hear a single mention of us. Adverts, Whitney Houston and a very long Forest report...

Surely that 15 minute period from 5pm after a home game is one of there busiest with stags fans going home from the game. To not even mention us was laughable.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:02 am

Jamie wrote:I've defended them in the past but last night was a joke. I got in the car down Quarry lane 5 mins after full time. It only takes me 10 to get home but in that time i didn't hear a single mention of us. Adverts, Whitney Houston and a very long Forest report...

Surely that 15 minute period from 5pm after a home game is one of there busiest with stags fans going home from the game. To not even mention us was laughable.

Spot on there Jamie, I had that joke of a station on in the car and from 5 it was all Forest talk for about 20 minutes with a few ads and a record in between, surely we should have had more coverage, the fact that we had just got into the play-off positions and were only 6 points of automatic promotion should of warranted it. My lad kept saying to me why are they talking all about Forest on a Mansfield radio station dad. He was just shaking his head, I hope we do go up and then when that radio station comes crawling back to jump on the bandwagon JR can go and tell them to do one.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 am

But apparently he can't. I was told 104.2 still have broadcast rights to our away games but choose now not to give us 90 mins once every two weeks. Any self respecting Stags fan should turn this station off for good.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 am

Never even bother with 103.2, it's very poor. Switch straight to Radio Nottingham for their excellent football show, plenty of post match reaction, interviews and good presenters.

103.2 used to be ok but they blew it years ago.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Does Steve get interviewed on Radio Notts after the game. The only reason i put 103.2 on is to hear the post match interviews.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Stopped tuning in ages ago. Crappy adverts, poor local news, music dire. Its off presets and is everything a local station should not be. The listening figures must be going down? (If I was an advertiser reading this thread I would be worried)
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Jamie wrote:Does Steve get interviewed on Radio Notts after the game. The only reason i put 103.2 on is to hear the post match interviews.

He does, with the excellent Charlie Slater....but its normally at five to six after Slater ( Uncle Colin, not Charlie) has spent 25 minutes interviewing the Notts County tea-lady and the guy who jet blasts the seats after home games.....and if that ends quickly they move to Brian Legend Laws who causes multiple motorway pile ups with people drifting off with his incessent Florist droaning.

Sadly, radio wise we get the s**t end of both sticks.
Last edited by victor A block on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Postby steiner » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Got back to my car on Stella St and thought I would to get the views of our local station on another stunning home performance but all I got was some bloke mumbling about another Forest defeat for at least 5 minutes and then straight into the fingernails down a blackboard moronic adverts.....Gave up and flicked AC DC back in black on and rocked my way home while thinking about that demolition job we just did.
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:01 pm

The only person that likes Tony Delahunty's voice is Tony Delahunty.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:11 pm

What does surprise me is that it is the best time possible to be broadcasting the stags .When we looked like going bust it was always on the airwaves.They have now switched to forest at the worst possible time ..Is it the case where folk would sooner listen to bad news.Or is it just a coincidence .I get on well with Tony D but have not had a call in months .Probably because there is no doom on the horizon :lol:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:16 pm

steve-hymas wrote:What does surprise me is that it is the best time possible to be broadcasting the stags .When we looked like going bust it was always on the airwaves.They have now switched to forest at the worst possible time ..Is it the case where folk would sooner listen to bad news.Or is it just a coincidence .I get on well with Tony D but have not had a call in months .Probably because there is no doom on the horizon :lol:

If anyone is deserving doom, Steve, it's Mr Delahunty!
9dder2
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum