{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Happy Birthday sunday Billy Dearden

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Happy Birthday saturday Billy Dearden

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:07 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:"The Judas, pictured here before the 07/08 season where he set the wheels in motion for relegating the club from the Football League".

Sorry but I'll never forgive him for leaving. He had 5 good months here in 2001 before jumping ship to our rivals. He was bang average before that spell and nothing short of clueless in his second stint.

Yawn

Double yawn.

Sorry guys Jamie is right.....

Is he ballocks right he's talking out of his arse as usual.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:"The Judas, pictured here before the 07/08 season where he set the wheels in motion for relegating the club from the Football League".

Sorry but I'll never forgive him for leaving. He had 5 good months here in 2001 before jumping ship to our rivals. He was bang average before that spell and nothing short of clueless in his second stint.

Yawn

Double yawn.

Sorry guys Jamie is right.....

Given that it's just you and Jamie that think that, I suggest you might just possibly be wrong :D
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 am

No one can surely argue that he wasn't awful the second time round. We played awful percentage football, by his own admission, and he did, like it or not, set the wheels in motion for our relegation.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:49 am

Jamie wrote:No one can surely argue that he wasn't awful the second time round. We played awful percentage football, by his own admission, and he did, like it or not, set the wheels in motion for our relegation.

It's still his birthday
He did his level best
He's human and deserves respect

Back off now you've (repeatedly) made your point!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:13 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:No one can surely argue that he wasn't awful the second time round. We played awful percentage football, by his own admission, and he did, like it or not, set the wheels in motion for our relegation.

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

Sorry fella, you have no right to police this or any thread.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:37 am

Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

Maybe he doesn't, but if you feel so strongly why not run a thread on the good/bad of Billy's time as manager rather than poison a "Happy Birthday" thread?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:40 am

So don't you think selling the family silverware with the likes of Barker, massive fan unrest, an owner squeezing the life out the club hadn't set the wheels in motion?? :lol:

The reason we were relegated was Holland. No, I mean Bucko? Nope, it was definitely White. Or was it Baptiste? I can never remember which one it was, it all depends on who is being lined up against the wall in the thread ;)

Seriously bud, Harry Houdini couldn't have escaped the drop. As I recall, I don't think we had the get out of jail of other clubs in administration that year?
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:41 am

Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

Maybe he doesn't, but if you feel so strongly why not run a thread on the good/bad of Billy's time as manager rather than poison a "Happy Birthday" thread?

Better yet, maybe he could admit that some of our relegation was down to Haslam? ;)

Wasn't he someone you thought wasn't at all to blame, Jamie? Strange how its all down to BD, eh bud? :D
Last edited by MutinyOnTheCounty on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:43 am

Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

No need to, I've made my point now. I do wonder though if someone put a happy birthday thread on for Haslam, Palmer, or anyone who divided opinion, i guess poisoning that would be ok...

Happy birthday Billy.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:45 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

Better yet, maybe he could admit that some of our relegation was down to Haslam? ;)

Wasn't he someone you thought wasn't at all to blame, Jamie? Strange how its all down to BD, eh bud? :D

I didn't say it was all down to BD. I said he set the wheels in motion with the awful football he served up.

Anyway I've said my piece. I clearly don't hold him in the same regard as others. We'll leave it at that.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:46 am

Difference is Jamie, Haslam purposely sought to kill the club, and Palmer was his lieutenant and openly slagged the fans off

How are they even remotely similar to BD?
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:53 am

Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

No need to, I've made my point now. I do wonder though if someone put a happy birthday thread on for Haslam, Palmer, or anyone who divided opinion, i guess poisoning that would be ok...

Happy birthday Billy.

Haslam divided opinion :lol: The point you have made is that despite everything that has happened at our club, you remain an apologist for Haslam. He sent us down to the Conference in a slow, lingering death. Maybe when it is Haslams birthday you could start a thread for him to see how much he, err, divided opinion.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Lovely bloke who had a one great half season for us. Couldn't blame him for leaving due to Haslem. Poor second time around which eventually led us to dropping out the league.
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

I accept your apology, Jamie.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

It's still his birthday
He did his level best

Happy birthday Billy.

Haslam certainly divided opinion on the one hand you and TDH thought he was ace & then in the other camp 3,000 other Stags fans though he was a raspberry.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Alan Meale had a soft spot for Keith also didn't he?
It's strange but Al never comes to games does he eh ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 pm

That wasn't the case at all Sneag, i hated much of what he did. Problem on here is if dare to put forward a differnet opinion, especially on haslam, your branded an apologist.

Im a realistic, some of the stuff said about him and others back then was laughable. He wasn't good for the club. Ive never said any different.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Jamie wrote:That wasn't the case at all Sneag, i hated much of what he did. Problem on here is if dare to put forward a differnet opinion, especially on haslam, your branded an apologist.

Im a realistic, some of the stuff said about him and others back then was laughable. He wasn't good for the club. Ive never said any different.

So why did you say you'd got a 'I love Keith' tattoo on your right buttock then? :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Jamie wrote:That wasn't the case at all Sneag, i hated much of what he did. Problem on here is if dare to put forward a differnet opinion, especially on haslam, your branded an apologist.

I think you'll find that 99% of the stuff posted on here was factual about him especially from me. I told you 2 years before we went down that he said he was going to take us down, I heard him say it myself. Sadly at the time all you & a few others did was put your fingers in your ears and shout LA LA LA LA and not listen to those who were presenting facts & who have been proved right ever since.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 am

I'm grateful for having had Billy D at the club, he was a good coach under Ian Greaves and a fair manager during his stewardship under Haslam.
He left for Notts when he was offered a pay rise, no different from any other manager or player in any professional sport. Billy still attends matches and given the opportunity, I would be the first to shake his hand.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am

He didn't leave for a pay rise he left because he was told his contract wouldn't be renewed in the summer, so when Notts approached him he went like any of us would do.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Dan wrote:He didn't leave for a pay rise he left because he was told his contract wouldn't be renewed in the summer, so when Notts approached him he went like any of us would do.

Who gave you permission to provide a perfectly reasoned answer, Dan? :P

Fans seem to forget (well, one in particular does! ;)), that Billy was not born amber & blue and this was just like any job. I don't see any of us saying 'screw my career and wages for later life / pension, i'm staying put so i can be laid off'
Unfortunately Jamie has read it as any old Joe off the street should feel the same passion and commitment as him.

How many years anniversary are your celebrating at your work place Jamie? Must be a few years since you joined your company, straight out of education! ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Dan wrote:He didn't leave for a pay rise he left because he was told his contract wouldn't be renewed in the summer, so when Notts approached him he went like any of us would do.

Fans seem to forget (well, one in particular does! ;)), that Billy was not born amber & blue and this was just like any job. I don't see any of us saying 'screw my career and wages for later life / pension, i'm staying put so i can be laid off'
Unfortunately Jamie has read it as any old Joe off the street should feel the same passion and commitment as him.

How many years anniversary are your celebrating at your work place Jamie? Must be a few years since you joined your company, straight out of education! ;)

Not many of us are that loyal Mutiny, by loyal I mean stupid, I reach my 18 years anniversary of stupidness this year in my job straight from my A Levels. I had such plans, I thought give it 6 months time and I will rule the world and here I still am but it's not all bad, just the other day I got a new stapler.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Ive no problem with people leaving for a better chance or more money. As dan said, he left because apparently Haslam wasn't going to renew his deal. Although anyone who seriously thinks haslam would of let him go, post promotion, is having a laugh. County were in the L1 relegation zone and under embargo. It wasn't a better opportunity it was him wanting his cake early and Haslam being a pillock about it. Hes a judas in my eyes and always will be.

Btw, i changed jobs lots before i started by own business. Always for more money / better prospects. But im not a football manager. He went to a rival team to spite Haslam (and therefore all of us). He then came back happy to take our / Haslams money the second time when no one else wanted him.

Anyway, good times are here. Let's move on.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Jamie wrote:Ive no problem with people leaving for a better chance or more money. As dan said, he left because apparently Haslam wasn't going to renew his deal. Although anyone who seriously thinks haslam would of let him go, post promotion, is having a laugh. County were in the L1 relegation zone and under embargo. It wasn't a better opportunity it was him wanting his cake early and Haslam being a pillock about it. Hes a judas in my eyes and always will be.

Btw, i changed jobs lots before i started by own business. Always for more money / better prospects. But im not a football manager. He went to a rival team to spite Haslam (and therefore all of us). He then came back happy to take our / Haslams money the second time when no one else wanted him.

Anyway, good times are here. Let's move on.

You say move on, we have, you haven't - it is your insidious and incorrect remarks in this thread that led us to this discussion in the first place - rather than wishing happy birthday to a good man who has given great service to our club, you bang on about something you are just plain wrong about - and always have been.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum