{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Happy Birthday sunday Billy Dearden

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Happy Birthday sunday Billy Dearden

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:27 pm

:) happy birthday and have a great day ,be nice if he is at saturday's match :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Happy Birthday saturday Billy Dearden

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Happy Birthday Billy, his achievement with absolutely nothing rates for me as the best managerial achievement in my lifetime. Yes Dave Smith and Greavesie were awesome, but neither had to put up with what Billy did. His promotion winning side played the best football I have ever seen at the Mill.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 pm

what a bunch of young uns to have to bring through, will we ever be that blessed again?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Happy birthday Billy ! & I echo what Rob said
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:56 pm

"The Judas, pictured here before the 07/08 season where he set the wheels in motion for relegating the club from the Football League".

Sorry but I'll never forgive him for leaving. He had 5 good months here in 2001 before jumping ship to our rivals. He was bang average before that spell and nothing short of clueless in his second stint.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Rob wrote:Happy Birthday Billy, his achievement with absolutely nothing rates for me as the best managerial achievement in my lifetime. Yes Dave Smith and Greavesie were awesome, but neither had to put up with what Billy did. His promotion winning side played the best football I have ever seen at the Mill.

Not in the same class as Dave Smith and Greavsie, or even Peter Morris - who achieved greater success with the same resources. Furthermore, Dearden's 2nd stint got us relegated to the Conference!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 pm

A Stags legend in my opinion, thankless task in his second spell, in any case I read somewhere it was Bucko's fault we got relegated.

Happy Birthday Bill, the football played under you management was arguably the best ever witnessed in my time as a Stags supporter.

:coys:
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:14 pm

A really nice bloke and still a legend at Bramall Lane.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Vice President wrote:
Rob wrote:Happy Birthday Billy, his achievement with absolutely nothing rates for me as the best managerial achievement in my lifetime. Yes Dave Smith and Greavesie were awesome, but neither had to put up with what Billy did. His promotion winning side played the best football I have ever seen at the Mill.

Not in the same class as Dave Smith and Greavsie, or even Peter Morris - who achieved greater success with the same resources. Furthermore, Dearden's 2nd stint got us relegated to the Conference!

Smith and Greaves are absolute legends, but to say they had to work under similar conditions to what Dearden had is utterly ridiculous! As for his second stint, I blame Haslam and Haslam alone for our relegation.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Rob wrote:
Vice President wrote:

Smith and Greaves are absolute legends, but to say they had to work under similar conditions to what Dearden had is utterly ridiculous! As for his second stint, I blame Haslam and Haslam alone for our relegation.

According to BELSE, as managers they 'just got lucky' as it was the players who got the promotions/Cup final wins.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby M E » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 am

Been watching the Stags for over 25 years and Billy produced the best footballing side I've seen at the Mill, yes he left us but what would you do with Haslam as a boss and threatening to get rid of you in a few months time? As for his second spell I think Haslam begged him and he only came back due to his love for the club, I personally believe he hated Haslam as much as the majority of us did. I will never have a bad word to say about this club legend!
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby northern stag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 am

His reputation is tarnished by signings like John mcaliskey and believing Jason White was a professional goalkeeper. His team put in some desperate performances in the relegation season.
northern stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bux46 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:40 am

Can't some of you just wish the man Happy Birthday without sticking the knife in ???????
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Showaddywaddy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 am

Happy Birthday to Billy, a gentleman and Mansfield Town legend, what a season and side he assembled.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Jamie wrote:"The Judas, pictured here before the 07/08 season where he set the wheels in motion for relegating the club from the Football League".

Sorry but I'll never forgive him for leaving. He had 5 good months here in 2001 before jumping ship to our rivals. He was bang average before that spell and nothing short of clueless in his second stint.

Yawn
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:"The Judas, pictured here before the 07/08 season where he set the wheels in motion for relegating the club from the Football League".

Yawn

Double yawn.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Not at all shocked to see Jamie boring people to sleep with his posts again
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Not at all shocked to see Jamie boring people to sleep with his posts again

Forgive him. They've been messing with his medication again.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:43 pm

pemill wrote:A Stags legend in my opinion, thankless task in his second spell, in any case I read somewhere it was Bucko's fault we got relegated.

Happy Birthday Bill, the football played under you management was arguably the best ever witnessed in my time as a Stags supporter.

:coys:

It's whoever is being jabbed with the sh***y stick that day, Pemill.

Surely you know that! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Whereas any of your mistakes you're happy for everyone to keep reminding you of i guess Jamie? :D

You keep banging on religiously about it - i guess we could call you a.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy birthday Billy - your promo winning side was by far the best i've witnessed in my time watching the amber & blue
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Happy birthday Billy.

The promotion season was great BUT the mid table finish when we started the season with a squad of about 11 and you were coaxing players out of retirement to come play in a half demolished stadium was an absolute miracle.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Be interesting for him to do "An evening with 'then we would really kmow what he thought of. Haslam
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

He would probably tell you he was managing with both hands tied behind his back. He had players lined up who would have saved us from relegation, but wasn't allowed to sign them. Happy birthday Bill,
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:

Yawn

Double yawn.

Sorry guys Jamie is right.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:54 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:

Yawn

Double yawn.

Sorry guys Jamie is right.....

If Jamie thinks that 99/00 performance was bang average then he's got a very limited understanding of the circumstances facing BD going into that season
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum