{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Boston Utd

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Boston Utd

Postby frt1987 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Being unable to get to Barnet on Saturday, I had a trip to Boston to see them in action v Harrogate Town

On view were 5 ex stags...Adam Murray on the touchline was joined by Karl Hawley and Joe Fitzpatrick who were named as subs.

Adam Chapman made his debut in the holding midfield role after signing from Gainsborough but he looked unfit and was completely off the pace...eventually being replaced by Hawley midway through the second half.

Richard Brodie looked equally as unfit as Chapman upfront for Boston.

The ex stag to catch the eye was Harrogates Warren Burrell who was a youth team player whilst at Mansfield and he had a great game on the left wing looking quick and sharp when in possession.

Anyway Boston lost 3-0 and the natives were restless with their teams performance. Much work needed by Muzz on this showing
Last edited by frt1987 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Boston Utd

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 pm

You should have a quick look on their forum, a post from Johnny Pilgrim shows he's still clueless
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:38 pm

See the cheap option is still working his magic!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Norman wrote:See the cheap option is still working his magic!

do you get a phone notification every time 'murray' or 'lost a game' gets commented on stagsnet? :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 am

I've worked out who Norman is......

Please stand up.....

Paul Cox
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby si stag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Just read this how I read this is that if Murray had stayed in charge then he was bringing Chapman back?? Or I am reading it wrong?

http://m.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston- ... story.html
si stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 pm

si stag wrote:Just read this how I read this is that if Murray had stayed in charge then he was bringing Chapman back?? Or I am reading it wrong?

http://m.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston- ... story.html

Its a week old and Chapman is at Boston
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby si stag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 pm

I know that he is at Boston but in the article Murray is quoted saying the plan was he was coming back but I moved away and the new Mansfield manager did not see him in his plans?
si stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dave E stag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:20 pm

We have moved on sooo much from the likes of adam chapman...but good luck to him and Murray anyway.
dave E stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby si stag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:27 pm

100% agree he would be no where near the bench but good luck to him just thought it was interesting comment
si stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nutty Stag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:21 pm

I was led to believe that Mr Murray had invited Mr Chapman back training before he was relieved of his duties at Field Mill.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 am

Apparently Richard Brodie has had his contract terminated after 3 games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 am

Nutty Stag wrote:I was led to believe that Mr Murray had invited Mr Chapman back training before he was relieved of his duties at Field Mill.
If that's the case there is little wonder he was relieved of his duties.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Nutty Stag wrote:I was led to believe that Mr Murray had invited Mr Chapman back training before he was relieved of his duties at Field Mill.
If that's the case there is little wonder he was relieved of his duties.

Correction:

We've ALL been relieved of his duties!
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Brodie didn't last long!

"Brodie's contract has been terminated, an internal matter that the club’s dealing with,” said manager Adam Murray, choosing not to elaborate further on the issues which led to the target man’s departure.

Read more at: http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-7822351
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:15 pm

He's really let his career go!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfield_smooth » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I can't believe I'm older than Brodie
Together
Everybody
Achieves
More

TEAM - we can all play our parts for all things good for MTFC
mansfield_smooth
Manager
Manager

Boston United

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm

I see Adam Murray has relocated Boston United's training ground to......................................Mansfield. It's better for recruiting players (and nothing to do with being nearer his home). :lol:

He's in prime position to pick up any of Steve Evans' cast offs. If Stevie falls out with anybody then he can send them down the road to train with Boston.

He's also arranged a friendly against Paul Cox's Barrow side. They seem to have kissed and made up.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/new-b ... story.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Can't access the link (Wii limitations for us poor folk y'know :cry: ) , so where exactly is the facility?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

He's got a point though. You'd probably have to relocate if you were playing and training in Boston. Players could probably still go to work Mon-Fri, make training and then make the long haul on the winding roads to Boston at the weekend.
Last edited by Ben Superstag on Wed May 17, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Here you go Mark

"Adam Murray believes switching Boston United's training base has significantly enhanced the club's pulling power. The Pilgrims boss made the decision to move training away from RAF Cranwell to just off the M1 near Mansfield to cut travelling times for players. And the move is already paying off, says Murray. “The number of players we have had meetings with in the past two weeks has been unbelievable," said Murray. The season has only been finished for two weeks and we are already seeing players and agents lower their terms and expectations. There are a lot of players out there and no-one wants to be left without a club. Moving our training base has significantly helped. Boston is a big club in this league and an attractive proposition for players, but travelling can be an issue. I was called by an agent of a very good player at this level who was interested in the club, but concerned about the travelling. After I told him about the move, it was a very different story. The move will prove to be a major step in the future development of this club. It's just one of a few tweaks we are putting in place to give us that extra one per cent and make us more professional. When you put them all together we believe we will be a real force in the future."

The National League promotion hopefuls Barrow will then visit the Jakemans Stadium for a pre-season friendly on Saturday, July 15 (kick-off 3pm). "I have known Paul Cox [Barrow manager] for a long time and was his assistant at Mansfield. A game against Barrow will be good for us. It will ask questions of us that we will be asked in the league campaign. We could have gone down the route of playing against Football League club's youth players but we don't need that, we need to be posed the same problems we will face in the National League North and Barrow will give us that."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here you go Mark

"Adam Murray believes switching Boston United's training base has significantly enhanced the club's pulling power. The Pilgrims boss made the decision to move training away from RAF Cranwell to just off the M1 near Mansfield to cut travelling times for players. And the move is already paying off, says Murray. “The number of players we have had meetings with in the past two weeks has been unbelievable," said Murray. The season has only been finished for two weeks and we are already seeing players and agents lower their terms and expectations. There are a lot of players out there and no-one wants to be left without a club. Moving our training base has significantly helped. Boston is a big club in this league and an attractive proposition for players, but travelling can be an issue. I was called by an agent of a very good player at this level who was interested in the club, but concerned about the travelling. After I told him about the move, it was a very different story. The move will prove to be a major step in the future development of this club. It's just one of a few tweaks we are putting in place to give us that extra one per cent and make us more professional. When you put them all together we believe we will be a real force in the future."

The National League promotion hopefuls Barrow will then visit the Jakemans Stadium for a pre-season friendly on Saturday, July 15 (kick-off 3pm). "I have known Paul Cox [Barrow manager] for a long time and was his assistant at Mansfield. A game against Barrow will be good for us. It will ask questions of us that we will be asked in the league campaign. We could have gone down the route of playing against Football League club's youth players but we don't need that, we need to be posed the same problems we will face in the National League North and Barrow will give us that."

Thanks Darren you're a star. Could be anywhere then. Somewhere like Ashfield School maybe?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed May 17, 2017 4:47 pm

This is nothing new for Boston. They trained at Newark for a number of years before they got promotion to the FL.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Debdale?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm

That's not just off the M1 though is it?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum