{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jack Thomas to Barrow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jack Thomas to Barrow

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 am

Kernow wrote:Not a good signal to the youth team squad, if Jack is seen as the best of the recent crop, what chance the rest ? Hard to see him coming back.

Maybe it sends a signal to the youth team that standards have gone up several notches, you're going to have to work hader, be more consistant to get near the first team squad and if you do make it, don't even think about resting on any laurels.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 am

Can I just say I don't think Paul Raynor gets enough credit for helping Jack to move to Barrow on loan...
wayno cordiniho
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:33 am

:) good luck jack , he needs to be playing , take a step back to get you moving forwards again , to once again wear the amber and blue again :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:55 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:His progress stopped and then he went backwards. I'm not sure his attitude has been the best and it's an open secret he likes a drink.

Although I would like to see Jack turn his fortunes around, I don't think we will see him in a Mansfield shirt again unless he's coming to watch as a supporter. I do hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

Drinking is allowed...he's a footballer not a vicar! Hes a 20 yr old lad...read Steve Evans reasons...he has no reason to lie or give him false hope...SE has stated in no uncertain terms that this is temporary and not permanent..

I see this being similar to Ben Whiteman...a step down to move forward...we have no chance of signing Whiteman as Sheff Utd rate him very highly....i know that SE rates JT...he just needs to gain game time and confidence.
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:His progress stopped and then he went backwards. I'm not sure his attitude has been the best and it's an open secret he likes a drink.

Although I would like to see Jack turn his fortunes around, I don't think we will see him in a Mansfield shirt again unless he's coming to watch as a supporter. I do hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

Drinking is allowed...he's a footballer not a vicar! Hes a 20 yr old lad...read Steve Evans reasons...he has no reason to lie or give him false hope...SE has stated in no uncertain terms that this is temporary and not permanent..

I see this being similar to Ben Whiteman...a step down to move forward...we have no chance of signing Whiteman as Sheff Utd rate him very highly....i know that SE rates JT...he just needs to gain game time and confidence.

Yes drinking is allowed in moderation. He may be a 20 year old lad but he is also a professional athlete who needs to make sure he stays at the peak of his fitness. And by the way, vicars are also allowed to drink, also in moderation.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby edwinscott » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Can't remember it effecting Liam Lawrence when he was in the clubs giving it the 'do you know who I am'
edwinscott
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:47 pm

He certainly showed a great deal of early promise, I hope this re-ignites his career.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:18 pm

did he play today?
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:19 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:did he play today?

don't think barrow played today
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:23 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:did he play today?

Didn't sign in time to be eligible for today's game.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby TRUROSTAG » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Yes Barrow played today against Kiddie in F A Trophy
TRUROSTAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby x-type » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Barrow won 1:0
x-type
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:04 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:a good move for Jack I think. Let's hope he has a great three months and comes back firing on all cylinders in pre-season.

This is the beginning of the end for him at mansfield

Not sure what you base that on, but we are all entitled to an opinion. I think if he follows SE and PR guidance he will reach his potential. And yes I can see him doing it in a Stags shirt, like Williamson, Disley and Lawrence did.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:30 am

edwinscott wrote:Can't remember it effecting Liam Lawrence when he was in the clubs giving it the 'do you know who I am'

:lol: I was once in line to get into The Works nightclub in Nottingham when Liam Lawrence came over and asked if I could sell him 4 tickets for him and his mates as they couldn't get in without student cards. His mates were Neil MacKenzie, Rhys Day and Jamie Clarke. I happened to have 4 tickets for my own mates, who hadn't arrived yet, so I sold them to Liam for a slight profit and then got in with my student card. Inside the club, they just sat in a corner and sipped on one beer all night like it was their first time in a club - but they did buy me one to say thanks! ;)
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:49 am

edwinscott wrote:Can't remember it effecting Liam Lawrence when he was in the clubs giving it the 'do you know who I am'

Except for that time he drove into a tree, missed a chunk of our season and wrote another lads career off before it even started.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am

I hope Jack does well at Barrow and gets his mind set right.

Bags of ability but his application has seemingly dwindled, in football they say things along the line of
" Does he want it enough". At 20 he has to go and start now, good for both us and Barrow if he does, if he doesn't then he knows where the door is.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 pm

JT and Murray fell out pre-season......
AM's attitude towards young Jack at Alfreton in the PSF was childish at best.

He never recovered from that and Steve Evans has bought better players intothe club.
Jack needs to play regular games and put himself back into contention ready for next season
Johnny H
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 pm

If he plays well at Barrow he could well come back and take Whitemans place when he goes back to the Blades.
geoffhill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:03 pm

geoffhill wrote:If he plays well at Barrow he could well come back and take Whitemans place when he goes back to the Blades.

All that I've read seems to indicate that he's not in Whiteman's league.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:05 pm

geoffhill wrote:If he plays well at Barrow he could well come back and take Whitemans place when he goes back to the Blades.

Not a patch on whiteman and are they the same age ?
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagbol » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:11 am

Good luck to Jack, he will make the grade I am sure...He is only 20 with league experience and good temprement....(sic), and as for being a drinker...cobblers...I know him and his family and that's just not factual... :evil: :evil:
stagbol
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tibby » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 am

Said before that he will not cut it at this level long term

Don't think he could ever get the level of Whiteman, and they are the same age. If we are looking upwards, we should be looking for better players than Jack. You cant have potential forever.

Hope he carves himself a good career, but may end up semi-pro.
tibby
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Ian Stringfellow was an up and coming youngster at 29 :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Shame about Jack, was seen as up and coming and would be a good player and maybe one for the future but looks very average now in this team and cant see him clawing his way back in currently but agree some good tough games and run in the Barrow team will do him the power of good and will make or break him.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:49 pm

tibby wrote:Said before that he will not cut it at this level long term

Don't think he could ever get the level of Whiteman, and they are the same age. If we are looking upwards, we should be looking for better players than Jack. You cant have potential forever.

Hope he carves himself a good career, but may end up semi-pro.

Obvs u don't rate and that's ur opinion but unsure why we keep comparing him to Ben Whiteman??? We have absolute no chance of signing this kid and he is being primed and groomed for what looks like championship football next season with Sheff Utd... Yes he is far better than JT as it stands.....players do develop at different rates so who knows long term and i think even SE has eluded that JT was hugely let down by the previous regime....SE in the long term could be the best thing for Jack and its pretty obvious from the managers comments that he is highly thought of but only time will tell i suppose
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum