{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The summer and malta

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:01 am

I shared a round of 12 shots with Will Atkinson.
He's a Machine.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Thats just about the number of shots Greenie had last season, that were on goal.

Before some stato corrects me, I know he scored 13.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Calstag » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I shared a round of 12 shots with Will Atkinson.
He's a Machine.


my favourite signing
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3821
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Re: The summer and malta

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:47 pm

:)






:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Sterling looks very good indeed, he could be a real find. Can't see a weakness in the squad COYS
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Sterling looks very good indeed, he could be a real find. Can't see a weakness in the squad COYS


Wait until we inevitably lose/draw against crewe. Then the whole new squad will be branded as rubbish :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 pm

:)


:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Interesting comment from Evans on the new signings in saying 'given their situation' - Dont know whether that could mean a club with a bit of financial difficulty, a player with only a year left on his contract or what but does indicate the situation may change at some point but I can see it being a slow burner
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Er......, hey?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8343
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:08 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Interesting comment from Evans on the new signings in saying 'given their situation' - Dont know whether that could mean a club with a bit of financial difficulty, a player with only a year left on his contract or what but does indicate the situation may change at some point but I can see it being a slow burner


Yes, er......hey what do you mean? Expand a little.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16380
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: The summer and malta

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:00 pm

When asked about potential signings he goes on to say he has spoke to the players current manager who has said he isn't for sale but Evans said he left it with 'if that changes, given their situation, give me a call'. Just thought the 'given their situation' bit was an odd one to throw in and might be something behind it - what that is I don't know
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby stags4eva » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Surely it just means if they sign some strikers?
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:26 pm

BH_Stag wrote:When asked about potential signings he goes on to say he has spoke to the players current manager who has said he isn't for sale but Evans said he left it with 'if that changes, given their situation, give me a call'. Just thought the 'given their situation' bit was an odd one to throw in and might be something behind it - what that is I don't know


Surely just confirms thats its either John Marquis or Alexis Sanchez we're after. Both not for sale but have only a year left to run on their contract.

I suggest we know which of the two is more likely..... :roll:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:When asked about potential signings he goes on to say he has spoke to the players current manager who has said he isn't for sale but Evans said he left it with 'if that changes, given their situation, give me a call'. Just thought the 'given their situation' bit was an odd one to throw in and might be something behind it - what that is I don't know


Surely just confirms thats its either John Marquis or Alexis Sanchez we're after. Both not for sale but have only a year left to run on their contract.

I suggest we know which of the two is more likely..... :roll:


Ah but Sanchez didn't score a 'lot of goals in League 2' as Evo states, so that only leaves........?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16380
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: The summer and malta

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 am

Spiritater wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:When asked about potential signings he goes on to say he has spoke to the players current manager who has said he isn't for sale but Evans said he left it with 'if that changes, given their situation, give me a call'. Just thought the 'given their situation' bit was an odd one to throw in and might be something behind it - what that is I don't know


Surely just confirms thats its either John Marquis or Alexis Sanchez we're after. Both not for sale but have only a year left to run on their contract.

I suggest we know which of the two is more likely..... :roll:


Evans comment also could be referring to Hylton as well

Ah but Sanchez didn't score a 'lot of goals in League 2' as Evo states, so that only leaves........?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3001
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:41 am

it's if Rovers match our wages, 12 months left on his contract , been offered two years however he wants more money, gonna come down to who pays the most, and ofcourse what price they want for him
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6586
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:46 am

Has he ever conducted an interview without mentioning Sir Alex :lol:
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:03 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Has he ever conducted an interview without mentioning Sir Alex :lol:



Or 9 promotions? But i don't care as he's our manager!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:16 pm

:)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:34 pm

:D home sweet home

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 pm

I think what SE means is that players become available as the season starts until the end of August. Reason being is that we're bottom of the food chain in L2. So the Premier League starts and the managers know their squads, so they free up some players to go out, which then puts Championship clubs on alert. They then sign said Premier League players, thus they have players they need to let go, so L1 & the odd L2 teams go looking. If L1 teams sign players from the Championship then they will have to release players to and that's where we come in.

So in essence, our 'marquee' signing might already be here (Angol, Rose) or might still be at his current club.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby e4d0 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Has he ever conducted an interview without mentioning Sir Alex :lol:



Or 9 promotions? But i don't care as he's our manager!


Or Tony stuart.
Or jurgen klopp
:lol:
User avatar
e4d0
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: The summer and malta

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:49 pm

:)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The summer and malta

Postby joey bananas » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:03 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Brilliant
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Location: church warsop

Re: The summer and malta

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

joey bananas wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Brilliant

a 10 minute version of this video is available here (free to view): https://www.mansfieldtown.net/ifollow/video-archive/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamstag, bobbystagsfan, James, WeDeserveMore and 18 guests