{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Family section

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Family section

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14572
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: It's deadline day folks.....

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:



Excellent video after years of doom n gloom it nice to see Mansfield midas touch on n off the pitch starting to pay dividends for all the club staff hard work.

So proud of my club
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: It's deadline day folks.....

Postby Fitzy499 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


Absolutely fantastic what the club is doing.
Fitzy499
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 am

I've copied these out out from another thread for anyone that missed them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14572
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: The Family section

Postby old ram stag » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:41 am

Brilliant very proud of our club.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby tibby » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:46 am

Brilliant from the club

Just wish they had an upper tier family section, I hate sitting lower tier
tibby
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby tibby » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:49 am

Random question

But any idea where I could get a yellow and blue knitted hat like the one in the video?
tibby
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am

It's great to see.

The club missed the boat for a long time under radford tbh.

The ticketing policy for the family section is pretty good now, we've came on leaps and bounds.

When the new season comes, it's vitally important that we get this information out to the town.

I appreciate its totally being picky (but I'm only doing it as I care) when the tickets were given out for the BOGOF offer, they should have had a leaflet with them stating the family offer etc.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4898
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: The Family section

Postby Upper West » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

But any idea where I could get a yellow and blue knitted hat like the one in the video?


Google Blue and yellow beanie hat and you will find one.

Alternatively you must have a relative who knits -- or learn yourself!
Upper West
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 am

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am

It's over 60 years since my dad first took me in the Bishop Street stand to see The Stags. And watching that video brought tears to my eyes.

Unfortunately I can no longer get to many matches. But I now want to give something back in return for what the Radfords et al are doing to restore pride and faith in the only football club I have ever loved.

As someone who can't attend very often I would like to make it possible for someone who can. Preferably a parent and child who would not normally be able to attend due to financial constraints. They would then be my voice cheering The Stags on to victory in my absence.

If someone associated with the club , Martin, Paul or a n other, would like to pm me we can discuss my offer.

Nowadays I often forget what happened yesterday. But my first trip to Field Mill in the 1950's was a thrill that will live with me to my dying day. And I want that thrill to be experienced by a local youngster sitting alongside their dad, mum, grandad or whoever.

:mansfield_till_i_die: :coys:
Last edited by Wilfred on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:40 am

Wilfred wrote:It's over 60 years since my dad first took me in the Bishop Street stand to see The Stags. And watching that video brought tears to my eyes.

Unfortunately I can no longer get to many matches. But I now want to give something back in return for what the Radfords et al are doing to restore pride and faith in the only football club I have ever loved.

As someone who can't attend very often I would like to make it possible for someone who can. Preferably a parent and child who would not normally be able to attend due to financial constraints. They would then be my voice cheering The Stags on to victory in my absence.

If someone associated with the club , Martin, Paul or a n other, would like to pm me we can discuss my offer.

Nowadays I often forget what happened yesterday. But my first trip to Field Mill in the 1950's was a thrill that will live with me to my dying day. And I want that thrill to be experienced by a local youngster sitting alongside his dad, mum, grandad or whoever.

:mansfield_till_i_die: :coys:


That's a genuinely nice touch of you.

Moreover, is there anyhing that other fans or the club could do to assist you in getting to the games?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4898
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:47 am

adamstag wrote:
Wilfred wrote:It's over 60 years since my dad first took me in the Bishop Street stand to see The Stags. And watching that video brought tears to my eyes.

Unfortunately I can no longer get to many matches. But I now want to give something back in return for what the Radfords et al are doing to restore pride and faith in the only football club I have ever loved.

As someone who can't attend very often I would like to make it possible for someone who can. Preferably a parent and child who would not normally be able to attend due to financial constraints. They would then be my voice cheering The Stags on to victory in my absence.

If someone associated with the club , Martin, Paul or a n other, would like to pm me we can discuss my offer.

Nowadays I often forget what happened yesterday. But my first trip to Field Mill in the 1950's was a thrill that will live with me to my dying day. And I want that thrill to be experienced by a local youngster sitting alongside his dad, mum, grandad or whoever.

:mansfield_till_i_die: :coys:


That's a genuinely nice touch of you.

Moreover, is there anyhing that other fans or the club could do to assist you in getting to the games?

Thanks Adam. Very kind.

Unfortunately a pair of dodgy knees and living away from Mansfield prevent me from driving or sitting down for too long.

So others doing my support for me will give me lots of pleasure.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Forever Optimistic » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:53 am

Wilfred wrote:It's over 60 years since my dad first took me in the Bishop Street stand to see The Stags. And watching that video brought tears to my eyes.

Unfortunately I can no longer get to many matches. But I now want to give something back in return for what the Radfords et al are doing to restore pride and faith in the only football club I have ever loved.

As someone who can't attend very often I would like to make it possible for someone who can. Preferably a parent and child who would not normally be able to attend due to financial constraints. They would then be my voice cheering The Stags on to victory in my absence.

If someone associated with the club , Martin, Paul or a n other, would like to pm me we can discuss my offer.

Nowadays I often forget what happened yesterday. But my first trip to Field Mill in the 1950's was a thrill that will live with me to my dying day. And I want that thrill to be experienced by a local youngster sitting alongside their dad, mum, grandad or whoever.

:mansfield_till_i_die: :coys:


What a fella! Hat off to you Wilfred
Something tells me we're into something good
User avatar
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 am

Re: The Family section

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm

splendid offer Wilfred. I will highlight it to a couple of people at the club and see how we can progress it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14572
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:splendid offer Wilfred. I will highlight it to a couple of people at the club and see how we can progress it.

Thanks Martin.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Amazingly kind of you sir. If you lived in Mansfield I would have been happy to pick you up mate !!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:45 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Amazingly kind of you sir. If you lived in Mansfield I would have been happy to pick you up mate !!!

Thank you very much, CWM.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Foxy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Wilfred i'd be happy to come and fetch you and drive you back. If you ever feel up to it drop me a PM.
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4469
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: The Family section

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:48 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Amazingly kind of you sir. If you lived in Mansfield I would have been happy to pick you up mate !!!



It's a shame the bus companies don't have a shuttle bus on Saturdays that drops off folks at the retail park behind the ground - it would predominantly aimed at shoppers, but anyone presenting their bus ticket at the ground could have the ticket price knocked off gate entry?

Provide the transport and incentive and hopefully it'd bring another couple of 100 along to the game?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Foxy wrote:Wilfred i'd be happy to come and fetch you and drive you back. If you ever feel up to it drop me a PM.

Cheers Foxy.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby london amber stag » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:14 pm

What a fabulous gesture Wilfred, you are an absolute gentleman.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: The Family section

Postby SuffolkStag » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:29 pm

What a tremendous, cheerful, optimistic thread. Cheered me up no end.

Well done Wilfred.
User avatar
SuffolkStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Location: Essex/Suffolk border.

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:30 pm

london amber stag wrote:What a fabulous gesture Wilfred, you are an absolute gentleman.

Gentleman of leisure these days, LAS. My hedonistic days, travelling the country supporting The Stags and being one of the North Stand Boys have long since gone. But they were the best days of my life.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby Wilfred » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:36 pm

SuffolkStag wrote:What a tremendous, cheerful, optimistic thread. Cheered me up no end.

Well done Wilfred.


Thank you Suffolk. There is a new optimism at the club and lots of people are doing their bit. This thread inspired me to want to do mine.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
User avatar
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: The Family section

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:59 pm

This offer sums Dave (Wildred) up. Frankly, the nicest guy you could wish to meet, and his offer will be 100% bonafide, as he's always willing to extend a hand to folks.

Mate, like Foxy has offered (good on ya Foxy), if ever you feel the urge to want a visit, you're more than welcome to get in touch with me also and I'd come up the big highway to pick you up and deliver you from door to turnstile, and back again, via the bar. Offer is always open and will remain open. Top bloke.
Reinventing disappointment since 1897
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8243
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: STEVE STIFFLER and 6 guests