{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:02 pm

adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.


What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby James » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Some people wanting our main rivals to go bust... Come on... The best part of football is local derbies against teams we don't particularly like (hate is a strong word).
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby chambta » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:43 pm

It'll get sorted.

Probably.
chambta
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm

For them to suffer for a while in t'Conf would be fantastic, it really would. Go bust and deprive us of away days winning 1-0 at the sheep dip no. I want them to be truly crap for a while like we were 6-7 years ago.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16520
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Spiritater wrote:For them to suffer for a while in t'Conf would be fantastic, it really would. Go bust and deprive us of away days winning 1-0 at the sheep dip no. I want them to be truly crap for a while like we were 6-7 years ago.


And boy where we crap!
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5176
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

I am no fan of the Crooked Steeples, but find some of what is written by Stags fans to be embarrassing.

Mind you, some of the dreadful vocal output from the fellas who sit behind me in IGU is as bad, if not worse.


Don't read it then n sit somewhere else I'm sure there is plenty of seats to choose from....


The usual thoughtful response from you, I see
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

I am no fan of the Crooked Steeples, but find some of what is written by Stags fans to be embarrassing.

Mind you, some of the dreadful vocal output from the fellas who sit behind me in IGU is as bad, if not worse.

Whilst I believe two wrongs don't make a right Edders, the absolute delight of some Spireites following our demise into the Conference will never be forgotten by the Stags faithful.


You make a valid point, Andy
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby thomasz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:18 pm

thomasz
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Beano » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:41 pm

thomasz wrote:The latest news on Sheepgate :lol:

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-8199659


So basically £2M in player sales just to break even, £8.5M in debt.

And it's the fans fault :lol: :lol:

:hysteria:
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby jacobs mouse » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Really hope the wooly pit rats go to the wall.People seem to forget how mush they enjoyed us getting shafted for nearly 20yrs by another sheffield mobster.
Karma really has come up trumps this time me thinks.
Was thinking about getting some 'super Dave Allen' t-shirts printed if anyone's interested :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jacobs mouse
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Spiritater wrote:For them to suffer for a while in t'Conf would be fantastic, it really would. Go bust and deprive us of away days winning 1-0 at the sheep dip no. I want them to be truly crap for a while like we were 6-7 years ago.


I'd take them being as crap as we were 6-7 days ago
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby HU7stag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:42 pm

I see their potential new owners have been surveying a new site to play at when Allen keeps hold of the Prolapse...

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/p ... -1-8185274
.
User avatar
HU7stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3539
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby whipster221073 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:44 pm

If any individual on here doesn't share the view that there would be no tears if Chesterfield were to go bust, may i kindly request Martin or one of the other MODS digs out one of the threads from the archives from the week we were relegated from the Football League.

The abuse and delight with which their fans came on this board and gloated will stay with me for a long long time.
I only feel sorry for the employees like the tea lady and the kit man.

The players will move on. The owner and directors will go back to their other businesses. The fans can get back to supporting their 'other' teams in Sheffiled.

And we can sit back knowing karma has struck again. ;)
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Calstag » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:38 pm

To think that we would never play the blue scabby bastxxds again is sad thought, win lose or draw it's our true Derby and no one else makes my nerves churn like they do! Yes it makes me smile seeing them suffer, and I'd love them to drop to the conf, but go bust I wouldn't wish that on any club even them...
Calstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3823
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 am
Location: Kirkby in ash

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Keep it Simple » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Calstag wrote:To think that we would never play the blue scabby bastxxds again is sad thought, win lose or draw it's our true Derby and no one else makes my nerves churn like they do! Yes it makes me smile seeing them suffer, and I'd love them to drop to the conf, but go bust I wouldn't wish that on any club even them...




Absolutely right Cal. As for some of them writing abuse when we went down.....I don't suppose for one minute any Stags fans would .................................. :roll:
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:42 pm

We should table bids for their best players and pay them well under what the players are worth. Like they did with clucas.

Call it charity.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:03 pm

:D
arsene wengers coat wrote:We should table bids for their best players and pay them well under what the players are worth. Like they did with clucas.

Call it charity.
Trouble is, apart from Evans, their "best players" are probably worse than what we have. :lol:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2952
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Couldn't actually name a cfc player but Evans.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby thomasz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:51 pm

whipster221073 wrote:If any individual on here doesn't share the view that there would be no tears if Chesterfield were to go bust, may i kindly request Martin or one of the other MODS digs out one of the threads from the archives from the week we were relegated from the Football League.

The abuse and delight with which their fans came on this board and gloated will stay with me for a long long time.
I only feel sorry for the employees like the tea lady and the kit man.

The players will move on. The owner and directors will go back to their other businesses. The fans can get back to supporting their 'other' teams in Sheffiled.

And we can sit back knowing karma has struck again. ;)


Seconded, I like that idea of that.

HU7 Stag :lol:
thomasz
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Norman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:We are doing OK, they are struggling, someone starts a thread to take the mickey and along trots Mr Sunshine to drop his sadness on it all. No surprise.


Nice to know your still the clown of the board Mr end of a bell!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby newboldsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.


What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.


lol you are all very bitter and you do make me laugh do you no remember how you got out of the conference by being bankrolled by Radford he was paying in 100k a month to the tune of 5 million . but you forgot that bit didn't you anyway good luck with the rest of the season. just so you don't worry we will be fine
newboldsteve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am

newboldsteve wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.


What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.


lol you are all very bitter and you do make me laugh do you no remember how you got out of the conference by being bankrolled by Radford he was paying in 100k a month to the tune of 5 million . but you forgot that bit didn't you anyway good luck with the rest of the season. just so you don't worry we will be fine


'Lol' it all up steve. Arent many other of you lot Lol-ing at your clubs feeling of impending doom.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby newboldsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:52 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.


What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.


lol you are all very bitter and you do make me laugh do you no remember how you got out of the conference by being bankrolled by Radford he was paying in 100k a month to the tune of 5 million . but you forgot that bit didn't you anyway good luck with the rest of the season. just so you don't worry we will be fine


'Lol' it all up steve. Arent many other of you lot Lol-ing at your clubs feeling of impending doom.

like you said "feeling " not reality . I notice you didn't mention you buying yourself out the conference lol
newboldsteve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Random Hero » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:07 pm

newboldsteve wrote:like you said "feeling " not reality . I notice you didn't mention you buying yourself out the conference lol


You'll know all about the Conference soon chap, you'd do well to study how we got ourselves out of there so you only spend 6-7 years in that hell hole.

Also, we are breaking even without selling £2 million worth of players each season. :lol:
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby newboldsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Random Hero wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:like you said "feeling " not reality . I notice you didn't mention you buying yourself out the conference lol


You'll know all about the Conference soon chap, you'd do well to study how we got ourselves out of there so you only spend 6-7 years in that hell hole.

Also, we are breaking even without selling £2 million worth of players each season. :lol:


hahaha I wish Mansfield no harm I like to see all local clubs in the same league nothing better than a good derby match and the more the merrier
newboldsteve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bradders, Kernow, Spiritater and 25 guests