{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby HU7stag » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:44 pm

This subject isn't very funny.. much

HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Those of us who lived through the Haslam era will get shivers reading Carson's statement.

On the plus side, they're proper fecked.

:D :D :D :D
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Where is that cocky waster Chambta? Gives it the big one but slinks off when it all goes belly up.

Like those arsestains from County who ran away.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:24 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Where is that cocky waster Chambta? Gives it the big one but slinks off when it all goes belly up.

Like those arsestains from County who ran away.

Arsestains :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby dublin_stag » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Great result for CFC tonight, Coventry losing means they might be able to cling onto 23rd place at this rate
dublin_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Calstag » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 pm

dublin_stag wrote:Great result for CFC tonight, Coventry losing means they might be able to cling onto 23rd place at this rate

:lol: 12 points from safety
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Warsop Stag wrote:Those of us who lived through the Haslam era will get shivers reading Carson's statement.

On the plus side, they're proper fecked.

:D :D :D :D

Ya know, that's exactly who I was thinking of whilst reading all the way through it. I wasn't shivering though, I was drooling 8-)
My spireite mate still thinks something positive will turn up for them, and I'm so wanting to tell him 'nothing can help you now', but it's Chesterfield FC and they always seem to get out of the mire. In the short term I'm wondering if 4 teams in Lge 1 have broken rules to get themselves automatically relegated and save the sheep ticklers yet again. :roll:
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Betfair now have odds of 1/50 for Cheaterfield to go down, they are such a dead cert to go it's not even worth betting on it. :D
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby die hirsche » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am

Random Hero wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Ashley Carson has published the following open message to fans to provide an update:

I had a meeting yesterday with Dave Allen, which was also attended by Gary Caldwell. This was Dave’s first meeting with Gary and he questioned him on players and formations etc.

Dave pulled no punches and asked Gary on his thoughts for the rest of the season and which players he would like to retain.

Gary's comments after Saturday’s game were also discussed and I echoed the fans’ views that it was wrong to criticise them. With the benefit of hindsight, Gary accepts that the point he was making could have been worded better. He pointed out that there is currently a major negative feeling at the club, both on and off the pitch. His assessment of the situation is not wrong.

The players are also aware of this negativity and Gary feels that the fans working with him will help improve the situation. He is aware on a match day of all the comments shouted from behind the dug out and they are mostly negative. He was really appealing to you, the fans, to please give everyone a chance and get behind the team. I can assure you that it was never his intention to criticise you.

I spoke to Dave after the meeting and he was very impressed with Gary and also his thoughts and plans for both the remainder of this season and next. Gary has identified some areas behind the scenes where we are lacking - including recruitment - and he wants to rectify this.

Dave outlined the budget for next season for players. Gary is happy with this and is already looking towards next season, whilst being mindful of the wish to maintain our status in League One.

In the past, Dave has put a lot of money into the club in order to sustain and maintain costs. That will no longer be the case in the future, so it therefore has to be a cash neutral budget for the business until such time that a new owner is in place.

Dave and I discussed overheads and all operating costs are currently being looked at. I can tell you that various cost-cutting measures will be introduced at the end of the season to make substantial savings. We must always be mindful that the club has substantial commitments with the stadium mortgage plus loan repayments to ex-directors that totals over £500,000 per annum. This has all got to be factored in to next season's commitments.

Dave has now agreed to meet Gary and I on a monthly basis to discuss the playing side of the club. Whilst Dave does not currently attend matches, I can assure you he is taking a very close eye on the running of the club, as he always has done. Only this week he has covered the shortfall in the running costs of the club.

I will remain in control of the running of the club for the foreseeable future and will keep you informed of developments. I really want to work with you and certainly not against you.

Ashley Carson
Director & Company Secretary

Wow. That was a very interesting read.

Make absolutely no bones about it - Chesterfield are in a LOT of trouble and this statement is testament to that.

It's full of contradictions, and really points to the fact that, long term, they are very much planning for League Two (and possibly lower than that)

£500,000 owed per annum to former directors - Jesus. That was close to Accrington Stanley's entire wage budget last season, it's a huge chunk of revenue down the spout before their season has even begun and is completely unsustainable with the higher TV revenues of League One, let alone League Two/Conference.

Dave Allen is currently plugging some major holes... he won't continue to do so for too much longer. All this talk of being 'budget neutral' is pie in the sky, it will be interesting to see how they plan to achieve that whilst remaining competitive on the pitch, which I truly don't believe is possible. Right now, they are haemorrhaging money from every orifice.

One can only assume that they intend to cut some of their costs by drastically reducing the wage bill. Their squad isn't exactly filled with superstars as it is lets be frank here, but this would mean shipping pretty much the whole lot and recruiting youth/Conference players. It will also have a knock on effect on staff.

Allen is demanding a (ridiculous) £15 million for a club that is, lets be honest, in one of the least desirable positions in one of the least desirable towns in the whole of the UK. Every single day he is still at their club is a day closer to their doom.

They owe millions (Some suggest £10 million) to HMRC amongst others. Allen has already said he will not pay... who is going to take on the club with these substantial debts? Even if Allen's £15 million asking price includes these, no one in their right mind is going to take them on in their current position, on and off the field.

I'd hate to see any club (including 'them') go under, but they are in deep doo doo.

You have missed the point that they owe all of their debt to their 'chairman' Dave Allen, who very kindly keeps 'lending' them enough to keep afloat.

It's gone beyond the taking the piss out of them stage for me. This is another case of some complete chunt of a bloke destroying another lower league football club.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 am

die hirsche wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Ashley Carson has published the following open message to fans to provide an update:

I had a meeting yesterday with Dave Allen, which was also attended by Gary Caldwell. This was Dave’s first meeting with Gary and he questioned him on players and formations etc.

Dave pulled no punches and asked Gary on his thoughts for the rest of the season and which players he would like to retain.

Gary's comments after Saturday’s game were also discussed and I echoed the fans’ views that it was wrong to criticise them. With the benefit of hindsight, Gary accepts that the point he was making could have been worded better. He pointed out that there is currently a major negative feeling at the club, both on and off the pitch. His assessment of the situation is not wrong.

The players are also aware of this negativity and Gary feels that the fans working with him will help improve the situation. He is aware on a match day of all the comments shouted from behind the dug out and they are mostly negative. He was really appealing to you, the fans, to please give everyone a chance and get behind the team. I can assure you that it was never his intention to criticise you.

I spoke to Dave after the meeting and he was very impressed with Gary and also his thoughts and plans for both the remainder of this season and next. Gary has identified some areas behind the scenes where we are lacking - including recruitment - and he wants to rectify this.

Dave outlined the budget for next season for players. Gary is happy with this and is already looking towards next season, whilst being mindful of the wish to maintain our status in League One.

In the past, Dave has put a lot of money into the club in order to sustain and maintain costs. That will no longer be the case in the future, so it therefore has to be a cash neutral budget for the business until such time that a new owner is in place.

Dave and I discussed overheads and all operating costs are currently being looked at. I can tell you that various cost-cutting measures will be introduced at the end of the season to make substantial savings. We must always be mindful that the club has substantial commitments with the stadium mortgage plus loan repayments to ex-directors that totals over £500,000 per annum. This has all got to be factored in to next season's commitments.

Dave has now agreed to meet Gary and I on a monthly basis to discuss the playing side of the club. Whilst Dave does not currently attend matches, I can assure you he is taking a very close eye on the running of the club, as he always has done. Only this week he has covered the shortfall in the running costs of the club.

I will remain in control of the running of the club for the foreseeable future and will keep you informed of developments. I really want to work with you and certainly not against you.

Ashley Carson
Director & Company Secretary

Wow. That was a very interesting read.

Make absolutely no bones about it - Chesterfield are in a LOT of trouble and this statement is testament to that.

It's full of contradictions, and really points to the fact that, long term, they are very much planning for League Two (and possibly lower than that)

£500,000 owed per annum to former directors - Jesus. That was close to Accrington Stanley's entire wage budget last season, it's a huge chunk of revenue down the spout before their season has even begun and is completely unsustainable with the higher TV revenues of League One, let alone League Two/Conference.

Dave Allen is currently plugging some major holes... he won't continue to do so for too much longer. All this talk of being 'budget neutral' is pie in the sky, it will be interesting to see how they plan to achieve that whilst remaining competitive on the pitch, which I truly don't believe is possible. Right now, they are haemorrhaging money from every orifice.

One can only assume that they intend to cut some of their costs by drastically reducing the wage bill. Their squad isn't exactly filled with superstars as it is lets be frank here, but this would mean shipping pretty much the whole lot and recruiting youth/Conference players. It will also have a knock on effect on staff.

Allen is demanding a (ridiculous) £15 million for a club that is, lets be honest, in one of the least desirable positions in one of the least desirable towns in the whole of the UK. Every single day he is still at their club is a day closer to their doom.

They owe millions (Some suggest £10 million) to HMRC amongst others. Allen has already said he will not pay... who is going to take on the club with these substantial debts? Even if Allen's £15 million asking price includes these, no one in their right mind is going to take them on in their current position, on and off the field.

I'd hate to see any club (including 'them') go under, but they are in deep doo doo.

You have missed the point that they owe all of their debt to their 'chairman' Dave Allen, who very kindly keeps 'lending' them enough to keep afloat.

It's gone beyond the taking the piss out of them stage for me. This is another case of some complete chunt of a bloke destroying another lower league football club.

Yes, that is undoubtedly the case here, but I still hope they suffer. They laughed it up all the way through our troubles and gloated in our faces. Let's see how they like it with the boot on the other foot. I hope they go down and down again and get within an inch of extinction, then spend 10 years trying to find their way back to the league, losing their fanbase along the way. Then we'll see if they still want to sing "one Keith Haslam". They deserve everything that's coming their way.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 am

They are trying to organise a mass protest by not turning up for the games, and refusing to spend a penny anywhere else - food, corporate events etc to drive Allen and his team out of the club.

Am I missing the point here? He's keeping them afloat day to day, as soon as he goes they are deeper in it, and more likely to go the way of a Stockport, Darlo, Hereford etc.

He's putting money in, not taking it out like Haslam did. It's the way the club has been ran that is the big issue, big losses to cover per annum when they were relatively successful.....but I don't know what they are expecting to happen if they drive the only man capable of keeping them afloat out of the club? He owns the stadium and will charge them extortionate rent like Haslam did, making the club and the stadium a seperate entity.

The protest game looks likely to be the Peterborough home game. It will be interesting to see their attendance figure on that night.

They really only have themselves to blame. They voted for Allen to be able to buy the majority of shares and take ownership, just because he promised the new stadium. They have no fan representation/voice at all anymore. I remember at the time saying "It will end badly, because he is a Wednesday fan who left his own team in the doo-doo and is seriously despised by their fan base. Surely you can't expect him to be any better for a club he neither supports or has any affiliation with?"

But they believed in his spinning of the truth, and gave it the billy big ball-hocks whilst it was happening....and some great management by Paul Cook had them a matter of 2 games away from the Championship....but Allen wants his money, and couldn't give a toss about the success of the club. Karma comes back to bite hard, so I'm trying not to give it the same attitute we received off of them over the years, right back at them.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 am

12 points from safety with 12 games left. Their recent run has taken them 13 games to hit that point mark and of their remaining games, 6 are in the current top half of the table with their last game of the season coming away against current league leaders and local rivals Sheffield United :D
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Be nice if a band of Stags fans could be present in the stadium on the day relegation is confirmed (if it's at home), and bellow out at the top of their voices,

"WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING FINE.....' :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Spiritater wrote:Be nice if a band of Stags fans could be present in the stadium on the day relegation is confirmed (if it's at home), and bellow out at the top of their voices,

"WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING FINE.....' :hysteria:

Haha ! That's brilliant!! I think we should :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Plenty of M1 bridges where I live where we could hang a banner to let them know we are thinking of them :lol:
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:11 pm

Just read that the CEO Chris Turner has been sacked.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Tre Cool wrote:Just read that the CEO Chris Turner has been sacked.

I think they've made his job redundant, rather than sacking him.

More redundancies to follow too apparently.

Their fans put more of the blame at Chris Turner's door for their current plight than anyone else.

If they do survive relegation again next season, it will be a miracle at the rate they are going.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:34 pm

They are obviously preparing for life in L2
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Bwahaha.........hahahaha......hahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:44 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:57 pm

That article comes with the comedy bonus of the highlights v Oxford again, I'd only just stopped laughing from watching them over the weekend!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Well Ashley Carson said they'd be cutting the budget.
Think we all should make friends with Ashley Carson on Facebook, tell him what a fabulous job he's doing, he's really popular with their fans (apart from this) :lol:
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dave E stag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 pm

Feel sorry for them...it is just another lower league club that has been taken to the cleaners by someone trying to look big and make a fast buck. NO fans deserve it, apart from the gobshites that are Chambta and Bluetoof. Remember though the majority of their fan base are just like us...wanting the best for their Club.
dave E stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sw19stag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:09 pm

'Feel sorry for them....'

Sod that.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Their fans are looking at buying season tickets for Matlock town next season ha ha ha
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum