{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:15 pm

chambta wrote:We're gash and no mistake but you're under-performing significantly too.

Getting away from the relegation zone is the height of our ambitions today.

At least that ... Branston's cleared off even if it was kicking and screaming.

It's just great for the boot to be on the other foot for a change matey :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
chambta wrote:We're gash and no mistake but you're under-performing significantly too.

It's just great for the boot to be on the other foot for a change matey :lol:

That's fine. It's only a game anyway.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 am

I can understand your joy that GB has left. But it must be costing your club a fortune paying off these contracts. Is Graham Barrow still with you ? I suspect that he and your current fitness coach will be next to go. Employing SE is costing us a lot of money, but my guess is you are spending more paying off staff and employing JL and his staff.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:42 pm

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Here he is, the former player along to sully his legend by taking them down
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Interested to know the length of contract given, and how much compo they've paid Florist.

1. They all claimed Lester wouldn't come because they wouldn't be surely paying for a new manager

2. Lester would be stupid to take the job given the risk involved if there's no lengthy deal on the table, ensuring he gets a Saunders-sized pay off regardless of how he performs.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 pm

It's a win/win for Lester

Turn them round - he remains a Spireite legend

Fail - he becomes a Mansfield legend

Agent Lester ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Nicky Eaden, currently coaching at Coventry, set to be his assistant.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 pm

His number 2 is a turd polishing cloth.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:His number 2 is a turd polishing cloth.

I think turd polishing skills are exactly the number one requirement in their current predicament.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 pm

So far not the person with league 2 management experience, that their CEO alluded to. Although a third person to be announced.

I think they have slipped up by not having John Sheridan back.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Beano wrote:It's a win/win for Lester

Turn them round - he remains a Spireite legend

Fail - he becomes a Mansfield legend

Agent Lester ;)

Haha ! Too right !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Be interesting to see if we get more home fans in tomorrow than you do for your big game tomorrow.

I think we will.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:48 am

chambta wrote:Be interesting to see if we get more home fans in tomorrow than you do for your big game tomorrow.

I think we will.

A few thousand stayaways jumping back on the bandwagon because Lester has come back, expecting to witness fantastic football like back in the day when he could lace his boots up?

Oh how that supposed "feel-good" atmosphere will turn sour very quickly when they are reminded just how crap you are, and why you are second from bottom in the table. Cheltenham have a bit of pace up front, they will cause you no end of problems.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:30 am

chambta wrote:Be interesting to see if we get more home fans in tomorrow than you do for your big game tomorrow.

I think we will.

It's amazing what an old favourite can do. It's good business for your owner and CEO. They must think it's Christmas. They have even changed the minds of your "notapennymore" brigade, who vowed never to return whilst DA was in charge. But because it's Jack it's ok. Because of the "new manager syndrome" you will probably play above yourselves and even get a win today. I think your CEO will have everything crossed for this to happen, in order that he can sell as many of the season tickets he has announced are on sale next week. Strike why the iron is hot, because it's a long time till January with a set of players that so far have been way short of the standard. Another thing that intrigues me is,why your club is announcing a new CEO next week. I would have thought with all the feel good factor now radiating from the Proact AC would have wanted to bask in the limelight. Why step down, surely this euphoria isn't going to be a short term thing?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:01 am

Amber Andy wrote:

I think we will.

It's amazing what an old favourite can do. It's good business for your owner and CEO. They must think it's Christmas. They have even changed the minds of your "notapennymore" brigade, who vowed never to return whilst DA was in charge. But because it's Jack it's ok. Because of the "new manager syndrome" you will probably play above yourselves and even get a win today. I think your CEO will have everything crossed for this to happen, in order that he can sell as many of the season tickets he has announced are on sale next week. Strike why the iron is hot, because it's a long time till January with a set of players that so far have been way short of the standard. Another thing that intrigues me is,why your club is announcing a new CEO next week. I would have thought with all the feel good factor now radiating from the Proact AC would have wanted to bask in the limelight. Why step down, surely this euphoria isn't going to be a short term thing?

This all mirrors exactly the events surrounding the appointment of Paul Holland at Stags. Popular ex player appointed by a puppet chairman with the owner lurking in the back ground pulling the strings.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am

I'd certainly expect an initial upturn in their results, with the feelgood factor. However, they sound guff, their results are guff, and you don't turn guff in to gold.

If they don't get the upturn then they're in trouble.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 am

I think we will.

Be interesting to see how many of your new fans stick with you in the Conference.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 am

I think we will.

You could be right Chumpta, you do have 700 stay away season ticket holders after all.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:39 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I'd certainly expect an initial upturn in their results, with the feelgood factor. However, they sound guff, their results are guff, and you don't turn guff in to gold.

Same could be said of Clownty when Nolan took over, all Pies fans thought 'Conference here we come' at the time. The turn around so far is amazing. Who's to say it'll not happen for JL at the Prolapse?

We need to see how it develops over the next few months before we keep on laughing at them.
I mean it's like a team being favourites for promotion having the biggest budget ever given to a manager of said club and all the fans expecting them to be top three by now at least and having to start thinking, 'hmmm maybe not eh!'
Last edited by Spiritater on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby JAMES9002 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 am

Spiritater wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I'd certainly expect an initial upturn in their results, with the feelgood factor. However, they sound guff, their results are guff, and you don't turn guff in to gold.

Same could be said of Clownty when Nolan took over, all Pies fans thought 'Conference here we come' at the time. The turn around so far is amazing. Who's to say it'll not happen for JL at the Prolapse?

Could happen but county had a better crop of players they were just underperforming.

JL is taking on a poor side and one he cannot really fix until January and then it'll be a difficult sell.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:08 am

Spiritater wrote:

We need to see how it develops over the next few months before we keep on laughing at them.
I mean it's like a team being favourites for promotion having the biggest budget ever given to a manager of said club and all the fans expecting them to be top three by now at least and having to start thinking, 'hmmm maybe not eh!'

Don't laugh Really ? ! You're not leaving up to your name much are you ?!
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 am

I can still hate em though. I hope they go down I really do. But I'll wait n see what JL does for a while before splitting my sides. The time for the biggest laugh in on here is when the Conf trapdoor closes with them firmly underneath and looking forwards to a local derby at The Impact Stadium, even better if we are the ones to seal their fate which could happen :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:52 pm

1-0 down at home at HT
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:31 pm

JacK lester won't do anything with them... Their squad is dire and they need more than a past player to help them
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum