{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 pm

die hirsche wrote:I hate them and want them relegated.

But,

Putting all that aside for the moment, how flipping classy would it be, for us to turn up at their ground in April and join in their protest against their ownership?

It's something they will never top.

And we'll still win. And they'll go down.

Totally agree - i want them relegated and I want them to suffer. They can't suffer if they have no club.

End of the day they are as passionate about their club as we are about ours. In all honesty after their own fans who would miss them most? We would naturally not because the world would be a better place without them - but for reasons like Liam Lawrence, Craig Disley, Calvin Andrew etc memories and goals we'll never forget.

Would be a class act and something they'd never be able to top given they just laughed at us when faced with the same predicament. It wouldn't happen anyway as the police wouldn't allow it.

That being said without Chesterfield and bobs board to laugh at this thread certainly wouldn't exist either. :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Some may say that they hope they go down and go out of business. Some would take that above us going up this season if given the choice.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Rubbish.
We want to go up.
Who cares what they do.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 pm

There's a long way to go yet and as 2002 says we need the rivalry as much as them.
I enjoy Chambtas posts, he backs his team as much we do. I'll enjoy their misfortune as much as the next Stag and can't wait to rub their noses in it but, them to go out of existence ? No, much as I despised their abuse and mockery we need a nemesis, and the bedwetters just ain't it.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Some people are too forgiving and weak.

AFC Chesterfield would be just perfect.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 pm

I want them down and never to recover. They wanted the same fate for us. I hope it happens!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I want them down and never to recover. They wanted the same fate for us. I hope it happens!!!

Not all of them did, some tried to help us. I don't want any lower league football club to go bust, that includes our rivals. If belmer had his wish, all our rivals would go bust, leaving what, a local derby v Stevenage?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
chambta wrote:Football League, it's been nice knowing you.

Not time yet to throw in the towel. Win at home on Saturday and the table will look a lot better. There will be twists and turns along the way and strange results. Newport were in a lot worse position last season and Hartlepool previously. Might only need 42 points to stay up this season.

Oi. What the hell are you on son ?

It's still only February and lots of points to play for. They are not down yet.
We need more points to go up than they need to stay up unfortunately.
Doesn't stop me enjoying this Saturday though.
GAP now extended and at 19 positions.
Last edited by ST4GS on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 pm

The option of an AFC club and rising through the amateur leagues is too easy and fun a punishment for them. I want them to suffer with these owners for a few years, do a long spell in the Conference or below, go through boycotts that irreparably damage their fan base and then eventually come back with no fans or money and finally play us again. The rivalry is important to us, but we would quite happily not play them for 10 years if there were 2 or 3 divisions between the clubs.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 pm

ParisStag wrote:The option of an AFC club and rising through the amateur leagues is too easy and fun a punishment for them. I want them to suffer with these owners for a few years, do a long spell in the Conference or below, go through boycotts that irreparably damage their fan base and then eventually come back with no fans or money and finally play us again. The rivalry is important to us, but we would quite happily not play them for 10 years if there were 2 or 3 divisions between the clubs.

:good_post:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 pm

What is an AFC club?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 pm

ParisStag wrote:The option of an AFC club and rising through the amateur leagues is too easy and fun a punishment for them. I want them to suffer with these owners for a few years, do a long spell in the Conference or below, go through boycotts that irreparably damage their fan base and then eventually come back with no fans or money and finally play us again. The rivalry is important to us, but we would quite happily not play them for 10 years if there were 2 or 3 divisions between the clubs.

Spot on... don't you love karma!!
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 pm

tibby wrote:What is an AFC club?

Another Failed Club
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Sneag wrote:
tibby wrote:What is an AFC club?

Another Failed Club

Arti Ficial Cheaterfield
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Hate Chesterfield as much as anyone, but respect any Chesterfield fan a lot more than armchair premier league fans. Relegation for them? Yes please...Out of existence...It would be sad.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:09 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Hate Chesterfield as much as anyone, but respect any Chesterfield fan a lot more than armchair premier league fans. Relegation for them? Yes please...Out of existence...It would be sad.

The only reason it would be sad would be because we'd lose our derby with them. I don't care about their fans.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 am

He may actually be losing it! He keeps banging on about the 4th official's mistake of naming the offside player as number 23 in his report and saying he just made it up. The replay clearly shows a player impeding the keeper, so the officials must have just put the wrong number down. He's desperately clutching at straws for an excuse. One thing I've noticed about Slack Jester is that he never talks about the possibility of relegation. It's like he can't even admit it to himself and that will be their downfall.

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 am

Just had a read of Bob’s Board for the first time. What a shower of shiit that site is - makes you appreciate how great Stagsnet is as a website!

As for anyone wanting them to go down more than us to go up, give your head a shake. Let’s have both!

Relegation and then going part time would be ideal!
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:19 am

Stafford wrote:Just had a read of Bob’s Board for the first time. What a shower of shiit that site is - makes you appreciate how great Stagsnet is as a website!

As for anyone wanting them to go down more than us to go up, give your head a shake. Let’s have both!

It's raspberry, but it's nowhere near as raspberry as the Clownty board. Totally unreadable.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

Sneag wrote:
Stafford wrote:Just had a read of Bob’s Board for the first time. What a shower of shiit that site is - makes you appreciate how great Stagsnet is as a website!

It's raspberry, but it's nowhere near as raspberry as the Clownty board. Totally unreadable.

Agreed. Both better than the Loouun Outlaws site though.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 am

Sneag wrote:

Clownty board is ok to read on mobile, nothing can beat Luton Outlaws for being unreadable.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 am

Gotta love the chant of "spirites till I die" just before the first Carlisle goal goes in

:lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1966Stag » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 am

bluetoof wrote:All Spireites grinned at the "going down" chants the other week, knowing no one in the ground believed it .

We'd win the league if we'd started the season with Sir Jack

Are you all still grinning? :D

I think that our visit in April is going to be one of the highlights of our recent history as we celebrate the situation at the top and bottom of the league, we should join in with the spireites when they chant their support of SJL as we must recognise he has done more to lift our mood than theirs.

Win the league with SJL :lol:............ keep the (blind) faith, maybe next year
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:56 am

chambta wrote:It's just a question now of which month we overtake you.

I'll go for February.

This aged well :lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 am

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I want them down and never to recover. They wanted the same fate for us. I hope it happens!!!

Not all of them did, some tried to help us. I don't want any lower league football club to go bust, that includes our rivals. If belmer had his wish, all our rivals would go bust, leaving what, a local derby v Stevenage?

Quite.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum