{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby sw19stag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Clear off you irritating tick.
Chesterfield Brain-dead Squad.
That is what CBS stands for, isn't it?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:56 pm

I don’t think even chesterfield fans thought we were lucky.

Yes we were poor and a lot of us thought we only won as we were playing a side that was utterly dross and on the verge of entering non-league, and probably for some considerable time.

But we won, and however bad we are just now, we know we won’t be playing Salford city next season :mrgreen:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 pm

sw19stag wrote:Clear off you irritating tick.

Going back at least 30 years, wasn't the CBS the Sheep of Illegitimate Parentage Squad?
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:21 pm

:lol:

just like the match you always get one come out the pack :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
sw19stag wrote:Clear off you irritating tick.

Going back at least 30 years, wasn't the CBS the Sheep of Illegitimate Parentage Squad?

Oh yes, then they had "The sons of the Chesterfield Illegitimate.......Etc.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagg » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Agent Lester has left... Shame but glad he managed to achieve Mission Pit of Misery before going on his merry way!
stagg
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:00 pm

:lol: tears of sadness :lol: Tears of joy where I am sat :lol:

https://www.peakfm.co.uk/news/local-spo ... ts-so-sad/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Jack Lester; Stags Legend.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Sneag wrote:To be honest I'm not enjoying this half as much as I thought I would. Because at the end of the day our raspberry up of the season has been far more annoying than their demise has been enjoyable.

Maybe next year we'll go up & they'll do a Stockport. That should cheer me up a bit.

Completely with you on this one pal. I couldn't give two hoots about the blue lot and their demise, far more concerned with our own season of failure.

My half-hearted thoughts on ch*****field is that they'll be out of business in twelve months time. You don't clear massive debt in the National League, they get larger.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:29 pm

TYSCBS wrote:How much debt at our club? At all clubs ? Look outside about 5 or 6 in the premier league and every club is up to its knackers in debt. Football clubs don't make the owners money anymore.. The debt at Chesterfield is irrelevant. They've got a far higher potential fan base and money coming into the club than we've got. Don't under estimate them. With the right recruitment they could absolutely p.ss that league next year. It wont take them 7 seasons to get out of. All I'm saying is we've been let down this season by one or two bad decisions. Could we have kept Steve ? Was his head turned by the cash ? Or did he see he'd taken the project as far as it could go?

I think you’re a Spireite
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

stagg wrote:Agent Lester has left... Shame but glad he managed to achieve Mission Pit of Misery before going on his merry way!

backroom staff are leaving. My guess is that doesn't mean Lester. When has a manager ever been described as "backroom staff"?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
stagg wrote:Agent Lester has left... Shame but glad he managed to achieve Mission Pit of Misery before going on his merry way!

backroom staff are leaving. My guess is that doesn't mean Lester. When has a manager ever been described as "backroom staff"?

Sounds like he might leave as a result of the backroom staff being fired though. That’s the view I’m getting from the very reliable source of twitter :D
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Jack Lester should have a stand named after him at t'Mill for the superb way he's guided t'sheep to the Conf :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Jack Lester had a 3 year contract.

Not sure of any relegation clauses, but he'd be stupid to walk away if there aren't any.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Sounds like he might leave as a result of the backroom staff being fired though. That’s the view I’m getting from the very reliable source of twitter :D

this from Alan Biggs (who I noticed the other day on Bobs Board, doesn't seem too popular with other Spireites fans)

and BBC Radio Sheffield
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 pm

TYSCBS wrote:Can't see either happening Sneag. We won't go up and they'll come straight back up. They've got too much money to be floundering in that league for long whereas our CEO looks like she's sounding out a negative attitude.. Expectation was anilyate the league this season and win it by a canter BUT failure once again see's the stags destined for league 2 again next season. You can't blow the money on wages like we have and have a complete failure of a season. Promotion was the least expected but now that seems a pipe dream...

You are a Spireite and here are the reasons why:

Our Ceo - Stags fans would say 'Carolyn'
I can't name you one Stags fan who said or thought we would 'anilyate <sic> the league this season'
'See's the stags' - A Stags fan would say 'us'.
We don't know that we have 'blown the money on wages that we have' & it's not been 'a complete failure of a season' (that's your lot)
Again there wasn't many of us who said 'promotion was the least expected'. It's what we've wanted but we've not said that.

TYSCBS wrote:Yes. He's got to go. No idea, one lucky result. The win at chezzie probably saved his job but we aren't making play offs and if he stays into next season it will be relegation battle. Be careful stag lads and lassies it could be us down and the spireites coming up.

It wasn't a lucky result
Only you lot call yourselves 'Chezzie'.

TYSCBS wrote:How much debt at our club? At all clubs ? Look outside about 5 or 6 in the premier league and every club is up to its knackers in debt. Football clubs don't make the owners money anymore.. The debt at Chesterfield is irrelevant. They've got a far higher potential fan base and money coming into the club than we've got. Don't under estimate them. With the right recruitment they could absolutely p.ss that league next year. It wont take them 7 seasons to get out of. All I'm saying is we've been let down this season by one or two bad decisions. Could we have kept Steve ? Was his head turned by the cash ? Or did he see he'd taken the project as far as it could go?

If you were a Stags fan you would know that we haven't got any debt as John & Carolyn said we are breaking even now.
Why is the debt there irrelevant? It'll be getting a hell of a lot bigger in the conference.
Nice 'dig' about having a higher potential fan base :lol:
They will not piss the league.
Another dig about taking 7 seasons. A proper Stags fan would know it didn't take us 7 seasons either.
Not one person on this messageboard has ever called Steve Evans, 'Steve'. Most people would call him Evans, Steve Evans, SE or fat Scottish raspberry etc but not Steve.
Again Stags fans will know he hadn't 'taken the project as far as he could' as we were in the richest vein of form that we'd been in all season and had the momentum and would've gone up had he stayed. We all know he went because he lives in Peterborough & has always wanted to manage them.

Now piss off back to Blobs board and get ready for the visit of Solihull Moors.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 pm

The jester won't leave because he would not get a job anywhere else.
They can afford to sack back room staff but not him.
Let's see if he is an honourable man and resigns to help his beloved team.
My thoughts are he will stay until sacked and take his redundancy money from them.

I hope they get Steve Evans next year as there manager and he dies another Boston..

:coys: :mtfc:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 am

bellwhiff wrote:

I think you’re a Spireite

I agree . Should at least have the balls to admit it.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 am

TYS = The Yellow Stain
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Subject: Flitcroft out

TYSCBS wrote:Yes. He's got to go. No idea, one lucky result. The win at chezzie probably saved his job but we aren't making play offs and if he stays into next season it will be relegation battle. Be careful stag lads and lassies it could be us down and the spireites coming up.

if you're a Stags fan, I'm Jack Lester's mum.

Not one single Stags fan in the entire world thought we were lucky to win at Chesterfield. Because we weren't.

Beat me to it Martin no Stags fan would say Chezzie more like raspberry sheep molesters etc defiantly a non league spirite
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:31 am

Dan wrote:If you were a Stags fan you would know that we haven't got any debt as John & Carolyn said we are breaking even now.

Are you sure about that Dan? We've got about 5m of debt and don't own a ground.

Also there is no way this year was paid for via club income.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 am

A username made from

TYS & SCABS (cleverly disguising himself by missing out the A) it would appear we have a cryptologist amongst us :lol:

On behalf of the Stagsnet community may I bid you a fond farewell towards many years of non league football and all the uncertainties and frustrations that accompany it.

May your tears and sadness be afforded some comfort by the knowledge that you have made us all very happy indeed :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:47 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Admiral Sook » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:49 am

Nooooooooo!
I wanted him to take them to Conference North :evil: