{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Even when we went down, we put in the odd good away performance. The 2-1 win at Bradford springs to mind . Spireites may have given it their all against us (for a point), but it was clearly a flash in the pan.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Lester and their fans need to ask how they can play like they did at our place for 45 minutes, but cave in so frequently against most of the division.

After seeing them at Field Mill I thought that they'd easily finish mid-table. Since then - and including their uninspiring transfer activity - I now have great doubts regarding that. For the first time I genuinely fancy that they'll drop. Everything that is happening there is so recognisable with our own horrible recent history: crap owner, bogus takeovers, recruitment on the cheap, inexperienced new manager, rolling over to all-comers, relying on getting out of trouble with young lads and inexperience. They've lost, to injury, their experienced older heads who give a crap about CFC; that could be the telling factor in the end.

Apparently he spoke about the history between the two clubs, not just the football history and told them to think about the badge. For me it was because we were pants in midfield that day.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Have supported Stags since a boy. Am 65 this year and my birthday falls on Sat April 14th when we play the Spireites away. Would be a great birthday present to send them down that day ! Here’s hoping
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Jimstag wrote:Not a big fan of schadenfreude myself, I would rather we sort ourselves out and let them worry about themselves but at the same time it is amusing.

Speak for yourself.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Have supported Stags since a boy. Am 65 this year and my birthday falls on Sat April 14th when we play the Spireites away. Would be a great birthday present to send them down that day ! Here’s hoping

With 3 games left after that one it would be unlikely but an absolute dream if it did happen. More likely might be us securing promotion at their place :) That would be good. If we did both i think i might just call it a day with football after. Surely it doesn't get much better than that for stags fans.

As someone else said their only saving grace might be that there are two teams that are equally as bad. Lets hope one of them gets some form soon, there is already a nice gap to the bottom 3.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:44 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Have supported Stags since a boy. Am 65 this year and my birthday falls on Sat April 14th when we play the Spireites away. Would be a great birthday present to send them down that day ! Here’s hoping

If it happened the 14th of April should be enshrined as a special day and a pilgrimage to the Prolapse should be undertaken each year to lay pictures of the the goalscorers who sent them down outside their main entrance.

The day (14th April) should be named St ( insert goalscorers name) Day. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Jamie wrote:

With 3 games left after that one it would be unlikely but an absolute dream if it did happen. More likely might be us securing promotion at their place :) That would be good. If we did both i think i might just call it a day with football after. Surely it doesn't get much better than that for stags fans.

As someone else said their only saving grace might be that there are two teams that are equally as bad. Lets hope one of them gets some form soon, there is already a nice gap to the bottom 3.

What I'm especially looking forward to is them being adrift and already relegated when we play them.
At the same time, we are already promoted and cannot be caught.

Rather than sell out three sides of their stadium it would be hilarious if we all refused to turn up and put any more money into their coffers. ;)
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm

MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 pm

whipster221073 wrote:.

1912 sinking of the Titanic.

Let's hope we're their iceberg. :D
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Big yella wrote:

Quite right I forgot that was also on 14th. It’s also my official retirement date
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:45 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Quite right I forgot that was also on 14th. It’s also my official retirement date

We're sending you down, we're sending you down
Yellowstags birthday, we're sending you down ;)
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Just a word of caution.
There are no certainties in football, Anything can happren Cheaterfield could be taken over and have tons of money poured in. John Radford could do a runner.
There is an old saying He who laughs last laughs loudest, another Don't count your chickens. Yes I hope they go down but it is still early doors
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Opus wrote:Just a word of caution.
There are no certainties in football, Anything can happren Cheaterfield could be taken over and have tons of money poured in. John Radford could do a runner.
There is an old saying He who laughs last laughs loudest, another Don't count your chickens. Yes I hope they go down but it is still early doors

And at the moment ours is the last laugh, they had first dibs at being gracious/cautious when a twisted owner nearly ruined us and chose to gloat and laugh loud. So forgive me, I'll tell you what I don't want forgiveness, I'm going to laugh very loud and for a very long time.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Too right BY
We can't just sit here twiddlin our thumbs. They're up to their necks in it. Anything we can do to increase their misery has to be encouraged.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Spiritater wrote:Too right BY
We can't just sit here twiddlin our thumbs. They're up to their necks in it. Anything we can do to increase their misery has to be encouraged.

I am with you Spiro. hate em :thumbup:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:52 pm

There was no 'forget the rivalry and show some solidarity for fellow supporters of a similar sized club being taken for a ride by a disgraceful owner' - oh no... they just gloated. Then laughed. Then gloated some more.

I always knew the natural order of things would come to pass and we would have our rightful superior position above the chavs restored .

Go down... and stay down.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am

WeDeserveMore wrote:There was no 'forget the rivalry and show some solidarity for fellow supporters of a similar sized club being taken for a ride by a disgraceful owner' - oh no... they just gloated. Then laughed. Then gloated some more.

I always knew the natural order of things would come to pass and we would have our rightful superior position above the chavs restored .

Go down... and stay down.

Like it ! :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am

The One wrote:

I 2nd that n I'll never forget that day at the mill when that masked-swearing sold out our club to.the sheep molesters giving them 3 sides.

They deserve everything coming their way..

MTG
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am

SINA STAG wrote:
The One wrote:

I 2nd that n I'll never forget that day at the mill when that masked-swearing sold out our club to.the sheep molesters giving them 3 sides.

They deserve everything coming their way..

MTG

:lol: not be long now :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am

Setback in the takeover at #Chesterfield has meant deal for #AFCFylde striker Jack Muldoon has been parked. Club will look again in summer when he is out of contract or later this month if takeover (unlikely) goes through #Spireites #TheCoasters
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Opus wrote:Just a word of caution.

I think you are right to be cautious. They always seem to wriggle out of things. However, it seems they have had to pull out of a deal to sign a striker from Fylde. Reason given is that the proposed takeover has found a hitch. Oh dear. I wonder if the Chinese consortium have found another club more appealing to buy into.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Karma. No sympathy here
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Update on Spireites' Chinese takeover

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-8945962
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum