{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Random Hero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
chambta wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Bargain bin prices for an inferior product.

Cheaper at Mansfield on Saturday for an adult and a child.

In two small family sections of the ground that sell out quite quickly.

I see your attendance included 517 no shows.

Tinpot club includes folk who don't turn up.

What do you mean 517 no shows? Are you saying the attendance was not the number of people through the turnstiles?

Martin, it's quite well known that Chesterfield include season ticket holders who haven't attended when giving out their official attendance.

Moondog on Bob's Board (something to do with the club) confirms the actual figures each week.

So 517 season ticket holders didn't bother attending last night.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am

Random Hero wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
chambta wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Bargain bin prices for an inferior product.

Cheaper at Mansfield on Saturday for an adult and a child.

In two small family sections of the ground that sell out quite quickly.

I see your attendance included 517 no shows.

Tinpot club includes folk who don't turn up.

What do you mean 517 no shows? Are you saying the attendance was not the number of people through the turnstiles?

Martin, it's quite well known that Chesterfield include season ticket holders who haven't attended when giving out their official attendance.

Moondog on Bob's Board (something to do with the club) confirms the actual figures each week.

So 517 season ticket holders didn't bother attending last night.

ok thanks, I see. I don't look at Bobs Board other than when we're playing them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 am

Think they will be back up first go.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 am

Martin Shaw wrote:ok thanks, I see. I don't look at Bobs Board other than when we're playing them.

It's very true as Random states.

You know all the banging on about how their attendances are so far superior to ours that they did all last season even though they were bottom of the league....you know, the only thing they can bang on about because ultimately their team are shee height....

Well last season they had a "Not a penny more" campaign on and far more than 517 season ticket holders weren't turning up on a regular basis. You only had to look at the highlights (more like lowlights) of their games last season to see that the ground was largely empty, yet they were quoting crowds of 5,000 or so.

When challenged on the fact they were counting non-attendees, you either got "No we don't" back from them, or, "Every club does that" yet I don't think any club does other than them as far as I know? Must be some Haslam-esque fiddle going on with the figures.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Speaking of figures this thread is nearly at half a million views. :o
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Come on Martin. Please close this thread.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Arsenal also do it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby dlb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:20 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:ok thanks, I see. I don't look at Bobs Board other than when we're playing them.

You know all the banging on about how their attendances are so far superior to ours that they did all last season even though they were bottom of the league....you know, the only thing they can bang on about because ultimately their team are shee height....

Well last season they had a "Not a penny more" campaign on and far more than 517 season ticket holders weren't turning up on a regular basis. You only had to look at the highlights (more like lowlights) of their games last season to see that the ground was largely empty, yet they were quoting crowds of 5,000 or so.

When challenged on the fact they were counting non-attendees, you either got "No we don't" back from them, or, "Every club does that" yet I don't think any club does other than them as far as I know? Must be some Haslam-esque fiddle going on with the figures.

Interesting take on things regarding Haslam-seque fiddle when the actual attendence is allegedly being overstated.

But the bottom line is those seats have been paid for and are no longer available for sale. You are also overlooking the fact that Chesterfield’s home support was more than Mansfield’s even when the no show season ticket holders are taken into account. My guess is it will remain so as long as both clubs are performing well in their respective leagues.

One last point, watch match of the day and you’ll see ‘capacity’ attendances when there are 1000s of seats empty. In suspect it is common practice for clubs that have comparitively large numbers of season ticket holders.
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dlb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 pm

smulls wrote:Come on Martin. Please close this thread.

Why there will only be another one opened up when Chesterfield lose :lol:
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm

:lol: Yes Send Chambta down the toilet and make sure you flush it twice :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:29 pm

dlb wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Interesting take on things regarding Haslam-seque fiddle when the actual attendence is allegedly being overstated.

But the bottom line is those seats have been paid for and are no longer available for sale. You are also overlooking the fact that Chesterfield’s home support was more than Mansfield’s even when the no show season ticket holders are taken into account. My guess is it will remain so as long as both clubs are performing well in their respective leagues.

One last point, watch match of the day and you’ll see ‘capacity’ attendances when there are 1000s of seats empty. In suspect it is common practice for clubs that have comparitively large numbers of season ticket holders.

All fair points........now F..k off spireite!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

dlb wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

Every other club in League Two announces the attendance as the number of people through the turnstiles on a matchday. Oh silly me, I forgot for a second that Chesterfield aren't in League Two.

You are however correct that some Premier League clubs announce the attendance as the number of tickets sold including season ticket holders. Manchester United and Arsenal do this for example. But as I said this is not common practice at League Two level, and you will certainly be the only club in the Vanarama League carrying out this practice.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Search and Destroy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:57 pm

It’s a big club thing

You wouldn’t understand
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:It’s a big club thing

You wouldn’t understand

They coming by the s-hit load now and they are full of it
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm

You wouldn’t understand

Because you're that big you have to fabricate your attendances to make it look like you're a big club in your shopping trolley stadium :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby dlb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:16 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

You wouldn’t understand

They coming by the s-hit load now and they are full of it

Just correcting the fake news story line being peddled.

But I'll leave to your alternative reallity - got to tend to my flock
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

First time since 2000 that Chesterfield have started the season with back to back victories.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

You wouldn’t understand

Salford are bigger than your lot ;)

and they'll be in the league before your lot
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:First time since 2000 that Chesterfield have started the season with back to back victories.

Beats us then, can't honestly remember when we won the first two (league games) of a season, certainly not in the fixtures on our MB that go back to 1999 :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:14 pm

I’m sure we started out fairly well in non-league but it’s a war of attrition in the conference so it would be a mistake to make early judgements.

I keep checking in on the feed but agree it should be relegated in some way just like our non-league friends.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

I think even a Billy McEwan managed Stags side could muster a top 7 finish in that Vanarama League this season.It looks ridiculously weak.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Search and Destroy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Fancy spending an absolute fortune on wages then getting giddy for getting 4000 on a Saturday
Search and Destroy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Beano » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:Fancy spending an absolute fortune on wages then getting giddy for getting 4000 on a Saturday

Fancy doing the same, then pretending you got 4000 :lol: :lol:

It's all very non league :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby 60+40 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Please delete this pointless thread, I couldn’t give a S**t what’s happening with them, end it
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby joey bananas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Beano wrote:
Search and Destroy wrote:Fancy spending an absolute fortune on wages then getting giddy for getting 4000 on a Saturday

Fancy doing the same, then pretending you got 4000 :lol: :lol:

It's all very non league :lol:

They are non league though.. and will be for a long time.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum