{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Calstag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:23 am

If they lose next week Bolton away, and Shrewsbury win, they will be 14 points from safety with 15 to play for
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:43 am

Calstag wrote:If they lose next week Bolton away, and Shrewsbury win, they will be 14 points from safety with 15 to play for

I'd be a tad worried if I was a sheep. Lambing season will soon be over and the girls will be receptive. The season'll be over a few weeks earlier at the Dip and that age old custom in the Peaks of 'Wooly jumping' will begin in early April and not May.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:38 am

Blimey 602 posts about our local rivals and their current plight...........not that some of us are obsessed or anything :lol: , but I asked a mate of mine who goes occasionally to whatever the CFC ground is called now, if there is that much chanting etc about us. He says not, of course that's not underestimating the rivalry but we do seem a bit OTT at times. Just saying like....

Give me a minute while I put the coal scuttle on me swede.....
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Admiral Sook » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 am

Keep it Simple wrote:Blimey 602 posts about our local rivals and their current plight...........not that some of us are obsessed or anything :lol: , but I asked a mate of mine who goes occasionally to whatever the CFC ground is called now, if there is that much chanting etc about us. He says not, of course that's not underestimating the rivalry but we do seem a bit OTT at times. Just saying like....

I checked my stats the other day and I have 9 posts on this subject (10 now) and it's the most posts I've given to one thread so I think you're right :lol:
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:47 am

Keep it Simple wrote:Blimey 602 posts about our local rivals and their current plight...........not that some of us are obsessed or anything :lol: , but I asked a mate of mine who goes occasionally to whatever the CFC ground is called now, if there is that much chanting etc about us. He says not, of course that's not underestimating the rivalry but we do seem a bit OTT at times. Just saying like....

For too many years we have been acting like Everton fans. Obsessed with the local rivals with bitterness and jeolousy. Hopefully the tide is turning but them lot still got circa 6k for a dead rubber game which is begrudgingly impressive. I thought their crowds would now be around 4.5k if I am being honest.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:28 am

i hate um, always have, always will

and trust me they are not in love with us either

in fact might go play on blobs board for a laugh for half hour lolol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Don't know where you sit at Field Mill but I can go months without hearing a chant about ch*****field.
We're no more obsessive than they are. However, let's not let that get in the way of alleged paranoia.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:43 pm

ST4GS wrote:

For too many years we have been acting like Everton fans. Obsessed with the local rivals with bitterness and jeolousy. Hopefully the tide is turning but them lot still got circa 6k for a dead rubber game which is begrudgingly impressive. I thought their crowds would now be around 4.5k if I am being honest.

Belter.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Don't know where you sit at Field Mill but I can go months without hearing a chant about ch*****field.
We're no more obsessive than they are. However, let's not let that get in the way of alleged paranoia.

I wasn't talking about the chants if you want to re read my post? Before you start accusing me of allegations of paranoia .
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Generally speaking I could give two blueberries about the blue nosed raspberry unless we are playing them. However I'm thoroughly enjoying their misery this season & I hope it gets a lot lot worse before it gets better.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Keep it Simple wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

I wasn't talking about the chants if you want to re read my post? Before you start accusing me of allegations of paranoia .

You definitely mentioned about chanting about us. Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me. Apologies.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:49 pm

"Come down you blues"
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm

For heavens sake I was referring to the 602 posts! And in a tongue in cheek way, but there you go jumping on someone with a different view.

I merely asked my friend if he heard many chants about us. Oh and I sit next to Q block and I hear chants about them every game, and that is like most clubs .

But just to be clear again I was referring to the 602 (at the time)posts Doomy ok?
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Blimey, you act like my missus when I apologise to her,.....in fact,......Sarah?.....Is that you?
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 pm

ST4GS wrote:

When they count the attendance I think they count the total number of season tickets. Apparently the football is so poor, plus a lot of fans are disillusioned with the way the club is being run that quite a lot of the season ticket holders have stopped attending. It would appear that the actual number of fans in the stadium is quite a few less than the attendance figure.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

When they count the attendance I think they count the total number of season tickets. Apparently the football is so poor, plus a lot of fans are disillusioned with the way the club is being run that quite a lot of the season ticket holders have stopped attending. It would appear that the actual number of fans in the stadium is quite a few less than the attendance figure.

...and?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:36 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Blimey, you act like my missus when I apologise to her,.....in fact,......Sarah?.....Is that you?

Heh heh, no I'm not, she has my sympathies.....
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

...and?
And......... maybe their actual attendance is nearer 4,500 than 6,000.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Someone I know who's a season ticket holder said the attendance was nearer 3,000 than 6,000 when I raised this with him on Sunday.

Apparently, 12 out of contract in the summer, of which he said he'd keep 2.
They desperately need Ebanks Blake off the payroll too according to him.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 pm

This was in the local rag, I peruse it now and then for a good laugh.
Pretty damning if the survey sample size was a large one.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:56 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Image

This was in the local rag, I peruse it now and then for a good laugh.
Pretty damning if the survey sample size was a large one.

The image hosting site has shrunken it....but it is readable if you zoom in. 53% say they aren't renewing ST's.....which will be the same price as they are now!
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 pm

7% of spireites think they'll stay up.
In an unrelated survey it was found that 7% of spireites are thick as fk.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:25 am

die hirsche wrote:7% of spireites think they'll stay up.
In an unrelated survey it was found that 7% of spireites are thick as fk.

I said the exact same thing. They must be insane.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:12 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Image

Love it !! :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext