{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:41 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:57 am

:lol: To the pit of non league misery

DILLY DILLY

Beep Beep here is The SHEEP

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Hilarious that on blobs board about half of em want Jack Molester to stay in charge. Seems to be major confusion in their minds between his ability as a player and as a manager.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:35 pm

All this poking fun at the sheep all seems rather futile to me now, Almost as if the jokes turned on us now,
Our so called big time Charlie manager spent all our dosh on mediocre players then dumped us for some average joe's down the A1, His replacement couldn't win a bet on a one horse race, And with the Spireites gone and Notts could be grabbing 3rd and Lincoln going up via the play-offs no local derbies next season
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:00 pm

steiner wrote:All this poking fun at the sheep all seems rather futile to me now, Almost as if the jokes turned on us now,
Our so called big time Charlie manager spent all our dosh on mediocre players then dumped us for some average joe's down the A1, His replacement couldn't win a bet on a one horse race, And with the Spireites gone and Notts could be grabbing 3rd and Lincoln going up via the play-offs no local derbies next season

In that case it gives us something to strive for next season. Yes?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:02 pm

steiner wrote:All this poking fun at the sheep all seems rather futile to me now, Almost as if the jokes turned on us now,

Wow. There’s no joke on us. They are being condemned to the Non League Pit of Misery. After the grief we got, it is massively sweet to have the chance to get our own back.

Man up.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:00 pm

:lol:

the DA Ba Dee
Da Ba Die
Spireites are laid to rest in the Pit Of Misery

DILLY DILLY

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:12 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

In that case it gives us something to strive for next season. Yes?

And there won't be those early kick offs I struggle to get to.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 pm

To be honest I'm not enjoying this half as much as I thought I would. Because at the end of the day our raspberry up of the season has been far more annoying than their demise has been enjoyable.

Maybe next year we'll go up & they'll do a Stockport. That should cheer me up a bit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby TYSCBS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Can't see either happening Sneag. We won't go up and they'll come straight back up. They've got too much money to be floundering in that league for long whereas our CEO looks like she's sounding out a negative attitude.. Expectation was anilyate the league this season and win it by a canter BUT failure once again see's the stags destined for league 2 again next season. You can't blow the money on wages like we have and have a complete failure of a season. Promotion was the least expected but now that seems a pipe dream...
TYSCBS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

They're about $10m in debt, & Carson has said they'll be operating on a £1m budget next year. If Allen doesn't sell they won't be back anytime soon.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby TYSCBS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:53 pm

How much debt at our club? At all clubs ? Look outside about 5 or 6 in the premier league and every club is up to its knackers in debt. Football clubs don't make the owners money anymore.. The debt at Chesterfield is irrelevant. They've got a far higher potential fan base and money coming into the club than we've got. Don't under estimate them. With the right recruitment they could absolutely p.ss that league next year. It wont take them 7 seasons to get out of. All I'm saying is we've been let down this season by one or two bad decisions. Could we have kept Steve ? Was his head turned by the cash ? Or did he see he'd taken the project as far as it could go?
TYSCBS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:11 pm

TYSCBS wrote:they'll come straight back up. They've got too much money to be floundering in that league for long

You reckon? I don't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:13 pm

no chance, they will retain about three players if that, the pit of non league is very steep remember, the scumbags are only at the very start of their dark lonely journey lolollol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:21 pm

TYSCBS wrote:How much debt at our club? At all clubs ? Look outside about 5 or 6 in the premier league and every club is up to its knackers in debt. Football clubs don't make the owners money anymore.. The debt at Chesterfield is irrelevant. They've got a far higher potential fan base and money coming into the club than we've got. Don't under estimate them. With the right recruitment they could absolutely p.ss that league next year. It wont take them 7 seasons to get out of. All I'm saying is we've been let down this season by one or two bad decisions. Could we have kept Steve ? Was his head turned by the cash ? Or did he see he'd taken the project as far as it could go?

Smells like a Spireite.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Subject: Flitcroft out

TYSCBS wrote:Yes. He's got to go. No idea, one lucky result. The win at chezzie probably saved his job but we aren't making play offs and if he stays into next season it will be relegation battle. Be careful stag lads and lassies it could be us down and the spireites coming up.

if you're a Stags fan, I'm Jack Lester's mum.

Not one single Stags fan in the entire world thought we were lucky to win at Chesterfield. Because we weren't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby awalkinthepark » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:29 pm

TYSCBS
The Yellow Scabs ?
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:30 pm

deffo a spireite, enjoy Solihull moors away you mug
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Very bitter about relegation lmfao
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:54 pm

The clue was in the way he spelt annihilate. Anilyate the acronym for.

Am
Now
In
Limbo
Yellows
Are
Truly
Exceptional
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby TYSCBS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:03 pm

That is an exceptional piece of working things out stags 2002. If you were any cleverer you'd rival Sherlock Holmes. Could you be the thickest clown ever to watch a football match?
TYSCBS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tmwilson » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:17 pm

TYSCBS wrote:That is an exceptional piece of working things out stags 2002. If you were any cleverer you'd rival Sherlock Holmes. Could you be the thickest clown ever to watch a football match?

Pretending to be a fan of a rival club is definitely the thickest thing I have ever seen . Come on , how dumb do you have to be to do that ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm

:lol: just for them lot up the road

two of the finest songs made in tandom for them :lol:

Special moment in time and a Special moment in history :lol:

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Sneag wrote:
TYSCBS wrote:How much debt at our club? At all clubs ? Look outside about 5 or 6 in the premier league and every club is up to its knackers in debt. Football clubs don't make the owners money anymore.. The debt at Chesterfield is irrelevant. They've got a far higher potential fan base and money coming into the club than we've got. Don't under estimate them. With the right recruitment they could absolutely p.ss that league next year. It wont take them 7 seasons to get out of. All I'm saying is we've been let down this season by one or two bad decisions. Could we have kept Steve ? Was his head turned by the cash ? Or did he see he'd taken the project as far as it could go?

Smells like a Spireite.

No. He smells like a STUPID Spireite.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby TYSCBS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:42 pm

That's not fair. I've been watching MTFC for 65 years. I'm 74 years old but unlike a lot of stags I know you have very short memories.
TYSCBS
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum