{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 am

Ugwu is either another Akinde/Bogle or another Ollie Palmer. I'm hoping he's as crap as the latter.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm

They are becoming obsessed with us,constantly nit picking through every stat. every thing they can use to have a dig at us,,it's a sad situation when you have to focus so much on your rivals rather than yourselves.I hope we well and truly stuff them next season and can silence the obsessors for a while.
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm

smiler67 wrote:They are becoming obsessed with us,constantly nit picking through every stat. every thing they can use to have a dig at us,,it's a sad situation when you have to focus so much on your rivals rather than yourselves.I hope we well and truly stuff them next season and can silence the obsessors for a while.

You do realise we have 32 pages dedicated to them, and one about Notts County rapidly expanding.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 pm

smiler67 wrote:They are becoming obsessed with us,constantly nit picking through every stat. every thing they can use to have a dig at us,,it's a sad situation when you have to focus so much on your rivals rather than yourselves.I hope we well and truly stuff them next season and can silence the obsessors for a while.

You mean a bit like this one.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 29, 2017 2:11 pm

A bit like saddo Stags fans with nowt better to do than constantly bombard Bob's Board?

Dull lives some folk.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Who are they ?

I couldn't care who they sign. I just want to beat them. The rest ? Meh.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon May 29, 2017 3:12 pm

I've just read on the sheep it in the family site JR is planning a 20,000 seater stadium..mmmmmmm

I would like to think Field Mill could be turned into a 15,000 seater stadium or Bishop Street developed to hold at least 3000 standing.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon May 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Seems a bit pointless when there's loads of space at Field Mill. Two more blocks could be added to QLE & NS and the Bishop Street could be rebuilt. Just doing that would push the capacity to 14,000 ish which would have been enough to house the the biggest crowds we got in Div 2.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Sneag wrote:Seems a bit pointless when there's loads of space at Field Mill. Two more blocks could be added to QLE & NS and the Bishop Street could be rebuilt. Just doing that would push the capacity to 14,000 ish which would have been enough to house the the biggest crowds we got in Div 2.

Could also fill the corners in between the 3 main stands, as others have said before would then give the opportunity to build a better club shop underneath.

All pie in the sky at the moment, haven't even kicked a ball of the new season. Lets see if JR's investment pays off, if we're top by Christmas and attracting large crowds then shows the demand is there.

We need to be enhancing the stadium only as and when existing capacity is regularly close to or selling out. Not just the odd game a season. Otherwise all we would be doing is catering to large away followings.

:coys:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon May 29, 2017 4:06 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I've just read on the sheep it in the family site JR is planning a 20,000 seater stadium..mmmmmmm

I would like to think Field Mill could be turned into a 15,000 seater stadium or Bishop Street developed to hold at least 3000 standing.

How the heck would a spirite know that?

We could get over 15000 capacity just by redevelopment on site. Personally I'd move the pitch as close as possible to the west stand, demolish and rebuild Bishop Street to house away fans, knock down the north stand and develop a big kop, fill in the corners between the west stand and.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Did you read my post? Where am I quoting stats and posting attachments and trying to score points over them,take your time and read it slowly. :lol:
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby smiler67 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A bit like saddo Stags fans with nowt better to do than constantly bombard Bob's Board?

Dull lives some folk.

You need to expand your horizons a bit,there's more to life than stagsnet.
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 29, 2017 4:38 pm

smiler67 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Did you read my post? Where am I quoting stats and posting attachments and trying to score points over them,take your time and read it slowly. :lol:

Given this thread has got 32 pages, wouldn't you agree that we too are a bit obsessive regarding them?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby smiler67 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
smiler67 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Given this thread has got 32 pages, wouldn't you agree that we too are a bit obsessive regarding them?

Maybe ,but it's hard not to get pulled in sometimes,the amount of bile directed towards our club is bordering on the extreme to say the least.
smiler67
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:06 pm

smiler67 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
smiler67 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Maybe ,but it's hard not to get pulled in sometimes,the amount of bile directed towards our club is bordering on the extreme to say the least.

Ignore it. It's probably jealousy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon May 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Hard to believe some sheep think they are gonna challenge for the league.
Id concentrate on staying in it first.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I've just read on the sheep it in the family site JR is planning a 20,000 seater stadium..mmmmmmm

Agreed .We've got the oldest professional football ground in the world to be proud of !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue May 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Amberheart wrote:

Agreed .We've got the oldest professional football ground in the world to be proud of !

Plus, even at Championship level, 10,000 would be sufficient
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 31, 2017 7:13 am

ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

You have to remember we'd need enough seats permanantly empty to allow SAG a sufficient level of self importance. Get the 'capacity' up round the 14,000 mark & you can accommodate 10,000 without all the hoop jumping.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 am

Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

You have to remember we'd need enough seats permanantly empty to allow SAG a sufficient level of self importance. Get the 'capacity' up round the 14,000 mark & you can accommodate 10,000 without all the hoop jumping.

Is that the polite way of saying fudging the attendance Sneag :roll:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am

The Direites I work with have been telling me that they're meant to be signing Donal McDermott.....for the last two weeks!

Seems to me he's realised they are crap and he's changed his mind.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

No SinA it's saying that if you refuse to put peach colour bog roll in the ladies and SAG say they will cut your capacity as a result (or if a councillor complains because he was assaulted by his own fans) the club s in a position to say ' fine impose the cut, we have more seats than we can ever fill' & not incur the expense of OTT stewarding or fancy bog roll purchasing.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Wed May 31, 2017 11:59 am

Amber Andy wrote:Given this thread has got 32 pages, wouldn't you agree that we too are a bit obsessive regarding them?

This thread is nearly 8 months old... during which time our dearest rivals have suffered one humiliating defeat after another, a financial collapse and a relegation.

I'm amazed it's only 32 pages.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm

When we play them I'm looking forward to singing

Your Not Laughing Anymore

There's Only One Dave Allen

& We've got the best owner in the world
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 31, 2017 12:33 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:When we play them I'm looking forward to singing

Your Not Laughing Anymore

There's Only One Dave Allen

& We've got the best owner in the world

Me and my mates have been singing, to the tune of 'Is this the way to Amarillo;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtMUyO5BU4
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum