{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cox on the rise

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cox on the rise

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:40 am

He will do well at Barrow.He showed enough here and scored some good goals.His Mum and dad will be travelling a few miles supporting their son.Good luck Adi.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Good luck to the lad
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:52 am

Isn't it funny how players leave clubs under different circumstances and leave with different relationships with the supporters. I for one liked Yusuf and am sad that things didn't work out for him here. Wish him all the best in conf. Think he will get goals for sure.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:35 am

gavinbrookes wrote:Isn't it funny how players leave clubs under different circumstances and leave with different relationships with the supporters. I for one liked Yusuf and am sad that things didn't work out for him here. Wish him all the best in conf. Think he will get goals for sure.

Spot on Gavin
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 pm

geoffhill wrote:He will do well at Barrow.He showed enough here and scored some good goals.His Mum and dad will be travelling a few miles supporting their son.Good luck Adi.

He did, but for me there was always a question mark about his fitness to last a full game. I hope he does well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 am

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm

I liked Adi Yussef - but I have never known another player who can only play for 10 minutes! :lol:
Seriously - all the best Adi!
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Vice President wrote:I liked Adi Yussef - but I have never known another player who can only play for 10 minutes! :lol:
Seriously - all the best Adi!

And 9 of those mins were spent urinating against the stands! :P

Wish him all the best, as i do all ex-Staggies who don't resort to some form of media-based revenge when let go. I think he'll bag a load for Barrow, especially if they bring him on later in the game like we did
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Paul Cox appoints Paul Ogden as Barrow's Head of Football Operations. Coxy started the season with a 2-1 defeat against John Still's Daggers. Ade Yussuf played the whole game! :shock:

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/bar ... tion-38192
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Cox appoints Paul Ogden as Barrow's Head of Football Operations. Coxy started the season with a 2-1 defeat against John Still's Daggers. Ade Yussuf played the whole game! :shock:

Oggie is a very good scout at that level, very knowledgeable about National league. I think he was the one who found Clucas amongst others for us. I hope he does well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Adi Yussuf scores a good goal for Barrow in a 3-0 home win against Woking (around 1m 40s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7yV_TbZhM&t=11s
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Cox appoints Paul Ogden as Barrow's Head of Football Operations. Coxy started the season with a 2-1 defeat against John Still's Daggers. Ade Yussuf played the whole game! :shock:

Oggie is a very good scout at that level, very knowledgeable about National league. I think he was the one who found Clucas amongst others for us. I hope he does well.

Did he find Clucas? I thought most of us already knew how good he was, or did he find him for Hereford Andy?
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Did he find Clucas? I thought most of us already knew how good he was, or did he find him for Hereford Andy?

When we signed Clucas for 20k none of us had any idea how good he really was.

It was seen as a decent signing at best.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Leyton Orient receiving their 'Welcome to the conference' fixture.

Bromley 6 Lorient 1
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Leyton Orient receiving their 'Welcome to the conference' fixture.

Bromley 6 Lorient 1

Welcome to Hell. :twisted:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby TBS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Leyton Orient receiving their 'Welcome to the conference' fixture.

Bromley 6 Lorient 1

Welcome to Hell. :twisted:

That's a real shaker for them & their supporters... horrendous score line.

In a years time I would happily like to see something like Guiseley 6 Cheaterfield 1...
Don`t be fooled by imitation
This is the stuff that cured a nation...
TBS
First Team
First Team

Postby bmthstag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Interesting that the two Orient defeats have been on plastic pitches.
Thank God we're out of that hell hole and don't have to play on them.
bmthstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chris M » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Would be interested to know how many players the O's retained from last season and how many clocked out following relegation?
Chris M
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 am

NLP had a hard on for Orient on Sun because they'd won2 on the bounce and shown title winning credentials.... back down to earth :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:48 pm

When you look at the conference league table, the top eight are all down south.

Looking likely that two southern teams will get promoted.

Quicker we get into League One the better.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby JAMES9002 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 pm

think 4 games is abit early to decide where the promoted teams will come from.
JAMES9002
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:00 pm

I decided to do a bit of groundhopping on Tuesday night and after consulting the fixtures headed over to Solihull Moors to watch them play a Barrow side managed by Paul Cox and Mickey Moore. The latter had strong connections with Solihull Moors being a former manager. Adi Yussuf did not play due to an injury. Byron Harrison is also still injured. I had a chat with Adi at half time and he said he felt he could have easily played 90 minutes for the Stags but Adam Murray just preferred to bring him off the bench to try and have an impact on the game.

Barrow were the best side in.the first half and scored twice from set pieces. 7 or 8 Barrow players must be at least 6 foot 4 including the three centre backs, Moussa, Dunne and Nieskins. Solihull with Tahvon Campbell and Dunkley up front hardly threatened. The game changesd dramatically in the 2nd half when the Barrow centre half Jimmy Dunne was sent off for punching an opponent. Solihull took advantage straight away and scored from a corner. They then quickly scored two more as the Barrow defence fell to pieces. However ten man Barrow kept attacking and equalised with a 96th minute penalty. Paul Cox was disappointed with only getting a point. He's having to rebuild the Barrow side as they have sold three key players.

The game was watched by former Solihull players, Omari Sterling James and Jamey Osbourne. Chris Clements was also there with his Grimsby team mate.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:02 pm

"Cox on the rise"

He'll neee to rise again, left Barrow today.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:08 pm

This does not surprise me after having a chat with him at Solihull. He's had to sell three of his best players for decent money and he has not been able to replace them. Perhaps Barrow's American owner is having second thoughts about how much he is prepared to spend at Barrow.

Poor old Mickey Moore. Every time he gets the job as Assistant Manager then the manager gets the sack. Mickey ought to have a crack at being the manager.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Conker wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

When we signed Clucas for 20k none of us had any idea how good he really was.

It was seen as a decent signing at best.

Anybody with an understanding of the game could see what a good player Clucas was. He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. A constant menace for 90 minutes
Last edited by Grendon Stag on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum