{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cox on the rise

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cox on the rise

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
1970Stag wrote:Pleased to see him and Barrow doing well, although I'd prefer Lincoln and Tranmere back in the league.

Why ? They couldn't give a stuff about us.

Nobody gives a stuff about us whiffy, but on the financial side it's better a big club come up for the support they'd bring, and Lincoln's a doddle to get to unlike Barrow.

Yes, but for the home match against Lincoln, would we get another 12-15 k/o ?

True, but maybe (on current form) they'll pass us on the way back through the trapdoor.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Who cares, he went nearly 2 years ago.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
1970Stag wrote:Pleased to see him and Barrow doing well, although I'd prefer Lincoln and Tranmere back in the league.

Why ? They couldn't give a stuff about us.

Nobody gives a stuff about us whiffy, but on the financial side it's better a big club come up for the support they'd bring, and Lincoln's a doddle to get to unlike Barrow.

Yes, but for the home match against Lincoln, would we get another 12-15 k/o ?

True, but maybe (on current form) they'll pass us on the way back through the trapdoor.

In that case would you still want Lincoln to come up? Anyway it's our team we should be concentrating on. Let the others sort themselves out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Yes Lincoln to come up.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Two more wins for Paul Cox at Barrow against Lincoln City and York City although October and November are on the way! :shock:

Lincoln City (Away)

Some great synchronised coaching by Paul Cox and Gary Simpson after 4 min 30 sec

A poor three game spell for Danny Cowling's Lincoln after five consecutive wins.

York City (Home)

I cannot understand why Jedward, the York City Chairman, has stuck with the hopeless Jackie McManara as manager in the National League Premier. You need a manager who knows the league.

"Paul Cox can talk for England" 2m 10 s
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:54 pm

http://m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/fore ... story.html

Not one player under 6 ft.
Good old Coxy :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:08 pm

You have to boss those games in that league, we learnt that didn't we?
Really pleased to see him doing well again.
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Cox is now being linked with the Tranmere job.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:28 pm

A 4-0 win over Eastleigh meant that it was a fairly decent October for Paul Cox which is traditionally a bit disappointing for him - 2 wins, 4 draws and a win in the FA Cup (15 matches undefeated).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:46 pm

An excellent day for former Stags managers in Cumbria. Keith Curle goes top of League 2 at Carlisle and Paul Cox's Barrow move up to 3rd in the the National League Premier after beating The Daggers 4-1 away. A decent November for Coxy with 4 wins and 2 draws. It was like going through a time warp hearing their voices on the post match interviews on BBC Radio Cumbria as I drove across the A66 to the A1. Very strange.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:58 pm

:) it was said earlier that is was Barrows best unbeaten run in there history , 17 games :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm

21 games unbeaten for Barrow in total. Barrow fans were texting in to BBC Radio Cumbria to say that this was the best team and manager that they had for the last 50 years. Now that is getting carried away! :lol:

Perhaps we should try and sign Byron Harrison who scored two more goals today.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) it was said earlier that is was Barrows best unbeaten run in there history , 17 games :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
Its 20 unbeaten in all competitions.But our fans couldn't stand the hoofball. Shame really!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:40 pm

It is very well known that Barrow have a lot of money, comparable to what we had when Cox took us up. Casson does deny it at times, but then comes up with quotes like "we don't have any strikers on 3k"! Cox can clearly do a job in the Conference when given a decent budget and who knows, may have learnt from the umpteen mistakes he made with us when we were promoted. However, if I see the sort of football he peddled at the Mill again when back in the league, I will again have to go elsewhere on a Sat afternoon.

Lincoln manager, by contrast, has a very tight budget and for me is doing a better job, though from what I have seen the football is equally as ugly.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Think this season's National League title race will be almost equally as tight as when we got out of that "hole". At one stage during our long winning streak, five sides were almost equal on top with about ten games left. Think Barrow will be thereabouts along with i.e. Lincoln, Forest Green and Tranmere. Think also that York will have severe difficulties in avoiding further relegation and become another Stockport. The Minstermen are now winless in 16 consecutive games in all competitions which definitely is relegation form big style while Barrow's current unbeaten run, the longest one in their history (also as a FL club) is promotion form.

As for York, their antics in a few games against the Stags in recent seasons (to name but two: the playoff semifinal at York where Matt Green was wrongly sent off in 2012 and the Stags v York game in March 2014 which Darren Drysdale reffed) are not worthy of the FL, let alone the current National League.

Serious comments please
Last edited by Sweden Stag on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wh_Stag » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) it was said earlier that is was Barrows best unbeaten run in there history , 17 games :mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
Its 20 unbeaten in all competitions.But our fans couldn't stand the hoofball. Shame really!

Cox would only of got us out of league two by relegation.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Not so long ago F Green seemed to be walking the league, but both Lincoln and Barrow are putting in serious challenges. As for the so called hoofball the Barrow faithful are loving it ( a very good friend of mine watches them home and away).I loved it too when we went on our unbeaten run under Cox.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:53 pm

You seriously need to let it go with Cox pal its not healthy
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:You seriously need to let it go with Cox pal its not healthy

Don't blame me pal, I didn't restart the thread.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:17 am

As long as Forest Green never get promoted I don't really care what happens in the Conference. Barrow fans are bound to be pleased with what Cox is doing there, they've been in non league limbo for nearly 50 year snd are seeing the EFL in touching distance. The vast majority of Barrow fans will have never seen their team in the League.

I'd be pleased is Barrow & Lincoln came up. One is a goid local derby and I always enjoyed my away trips to Barrow.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Sneag wrote:As long as Forest Green never get promoted I don't really care what happens in the Conference. Barrow fans are bound to be pleased with what Cox is doing there, they've been in non league limbo for nearly 50 year snd are seeing the EFL in touching distance. The vast majority of Barrow fans will have never seen their team in the League.

I'd be pleased is Barrow & Lincoln came up. One is a goid local derby and I always enjoyed my away trips to Barrow.

Barrow were voted out in 1972 in favour of Hereford after Hereford's epic FA Cup run during the 1971-72 campaign.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Sneag wrote:As long as Forest Green never get promoted I don't really care what happens in the Conference. Barrow fans are bound to be pleased with what Cox is doing there, they've been in non league limbo for nearly 50 year snd are seeing the EFL in touching distance. The vast majority of Barrow fans will have never seen their team in the League.

Agreed totally on that one.

Forest Green coming into the league would be a nightmare, and certainly wouldn't be welcome by me at all - though it does appear to be sooner than later that they come up unfortunately.

Same goes with Barrow in the sense of it was an alright trip - Barrow was that grim and far away it actually became alright - very interesting town centre!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wudus stag » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Great manager, would anyone else take him over evens?
Wudus stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Wudus stag wrote:Great manager, would anyone else take him over evens?

??? Odds on :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Wudus stag wrote:Great manager, would anyone else take him over evens?

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum