{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cox on the rise

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cox on the rise

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:29 pm

I would have thought Guiseley's main aim is just to stay in the National League Premier. Their playing budget must be a lot lower than Barrow's. Strange choice by Paul Cox.

Guiseley made a profit of £181,850 in 2015-2016, £59,965 in 2014-2015, £56,894 in 2013-2014 and £18,320 in 2012-2013 so clearly work to a budget and do not spend what they cannot afford. I would be surprised if their budget exceeded £300,000.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 pm

just up the road from me, might go watch them some time
Up The Stags
grufti
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:50 pm

grufti wrote:just up the road from me, might go watch them some time

Better get used to neck ache then :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 am

Probably get some free footballs in your back garden
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Guiseley is handy for Leeds/Bradford Airport and the original Harry Ramsdens

For someone who gets so upset at any hint of non political correctness or homophobia, you really don't mind throwing a bit of fat shaming about don't you ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Guiseley is handy for Leeds/Bradford Airport and the original Harry Ramsdens

For someone who gets so upset at any hint of non political correctness or homophobia, you really don't mind throwing a bit of fat shaming about don't you ?

Not sure where that bit of Whiffers venom is coming from. As an ex Guiseley resident (I found the proximity of the airport very useful and my daughter worked at Harry Ramsdens when she was a student) and I was simply pointing out a couple of facts about the town. I could have added that Silver Cross prams are made there too.

So get off whatever high horse you're sat upon matey!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:08 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Not sure where that bit of Whiffers venom is coming from. As an ex Guiseley resident (I found the proximity of the airport very useful and my daughter worked at Harry Ramsdens when she was a student) and I was simply pointing out a couple of facts about the town. I could have added that Silver Cross prams are made there too.

Play nicely boys or get banned for a month to think about your next comments :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Play nicely boys or get banned for a month to think about your next comments :lol:

I'm tellin' me mam!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Don't know what's gone off at Barrow. Did Coxie get fed up with travelling or did the chairman think he wasn't the right man to take them forward? Either way Guiseley has got to be a step down. For one thing they, unlike Barrow, are largely part time. I think both sides meet shortly. Should be interesting how the Barrow fans react.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Very strange move from Cox...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum