{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by stay focused on the league

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by stay focused on the leagu

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Kernow wrote:Most of the 499 at the game, have seen two pints dropped against a poor side.

A poor side only 2 wins away from us.

0-0 Away at Cambridge right before the Cardiff match and al, the riches what may come with it will do for me.

I went and thought Cambridge weren’t a bad side, more comfortable with the ball than us and played some decent passage before we got into the game. We need to be more ruthless in front of goal, to much trying to walk it in and not even snap shots. Oh and CJ needs to spend 8hrs a day in training just practising putting a ball into the box low and and hard...
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Today. Defence and keeper looked solid. Their big lad was a handful, but we coped better with him as the game went on. Their number 8 got mom for them. He was shocking. Fouled our defender then threw himself on the floor looking for a decision. Our midfield stood off Cambride in the first half giving them too much time on the ball. Second half more urgency which gave us more possession. Why can't we do first half. Up front. Danny battles and wins his share in the air. Really lacked a partner with pace and anticipation to play off him. I'm not the greatest fan of Angol and today i'm looking for more from him. Whether its being stronger when the ball comes to him instead of looking for a foul or just a btt more up and at em when Rose wins a header to anticipate. On the whole a point away from home is ok but really feel that was two points dropped. When we uped it 2nd half we were well on top.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Understandably the video action is second half only as the first half was a non event.

Two points dropped again, trying to walk the ball into the net, very frustrating not shooting on occasions.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Iliketrains wrote:I said i'd be ok with a draw today and that's what we got. Could have been a win in the end but for some incorrect officiating but I doubt Evans could trump Donny's Darren Ferguson today after his post match rant against the standard of officials in the EFL after Rovers being denied a nailed on pen late on. I've not got a link sadly but if anyone can find it and gets a chance to listen to it then do, it's priceless. Pure managerial ranting gold.

Anyway, big effort from the lads today and the travelling Stags but it just wasn't quite enough to nick the win. No real harm done, still in 7th and an exciting week ahead with the Cardiff game followed by a home game against Cheltenham that we really should be winning. Taking nothing for granted however.

COYS!

Just heard the interview on C5. Shooting people is quite drastic but he is right. Officiating at our lever is rancid at times. Which we are usually on the wrong end of.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:I said i'd be ok with a draw today and that's what we got. Could have been a win in the end but for some incorrect officiating but I doubt Evans could trump Donny's Darren Ferguson today after his post match rant against the standard of officials in the EFL after Rovers being denied a nailed on pen late on. I've not got a link sadly but if anyone can find it and gets a chance to listen to it then do, it's priceless. Pure managerial ranting gold.

Anyway, big effort from the lads today and the travelling Stags but it just wasn't quite enough to nick the win. No real harm done, still in 7th and an exciting week ahead with the Cardiff game followed by a home game against Cheltenham that we really should be winning. Taking nothing for granted however.

COYS!

Just heard the interview on C5. Shooting people is quite drastic but he is right. Officiating at our lever is rancid at times. Which we are usually on the wrong end of.

To be fair to Ferguson the rant must have lasted about 3 minutes and other than the daft bit at the end about the shooting, i totally agreed with him. C5 cut the interview into a media friendly soundbite but that didn't give you the full passion of exactly what Ferguson was going on about. The C5 clip didn't d him any favours.

Obviously you can't go around saying shoot refs even though 10 -15 years ago that sort of statement would have been seen as just a bit of tongue in cheek humour and nobody would have batted an eyelid. It's as if by saying it in this day and age that people may actually believe that Fergie Junior is actually going to wipe out a load of refs with a sawn off when in actual fact it's just a throwaway comment. Unacceptable though nonetheless.

I've watched conference and league 2 footy for the past 20 years and as the standards and fitness of players has improved, along with the stakes now higher to win games of football, the officiating in the lower leagues has got worse and worse. IMO league football with professional full time clubs requires full time professional refs and not part time, part fit officials.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Isn’t Kettle another sticking Crab Fat ?

He was, he is also a poor referee, however, you cannot blame the referee for an offside mistake - well you can if you are an idiot I suppose :lol:

Typical Crab Fat.

You can delegate authority but not responsibility.

Responsibility is the privilege of rank.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:21 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 am

Iliketrains wrote: but I doubt Evans could trump Donny's Darren Ferguson today after his post match rant against the standard of officials in the EFL after Rovers being denied a nailed on pen late on. I've not got a link sadly but if anyone can find it and gets a chance to listen to it then do, it's priceless. Pure managerial ranting gold. COYS!

I went to watch Donny today. Here is a link to Darren Ferguson's interview. He didn't hold back when asked about referees! :lol: It starts at 21m 45s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05rt5n5#play
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum