{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Did we lose?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Did we lose?

Postby The One » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:28 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I've not even mentioned anything about season ticket holders, I said folk who boo should not turn up as it's embarrassing to see and i bet the players/staff aren't exactly pleased with getting flak, especially after drawing a game

Attendance 2938 150 odd from Wycombe. [b]2700 ST holders [/b]? So some who booed are ST holders. Back on track if people pay their cash they entitled to boo, I don't but its their choice.

There is no logic in that statement. ST holders are not obliged to attend all games and often can't due to work, family or distance considerations, etc. There may well have been some ST holders who booed and ,if they did, then they are entitled to as you say. This does not make those who booed a lower class of supporter any more than someone who only attends only for bigger games or whenever they can afford it (financially or time permitting)

Read context of reply before commenting. Bobby said anyone who booed should keep away. I was explaining some would be ST holders. I also said I am ST holder but only been able to attend 2 games. My last word on this.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 am

S7AGS wrote:I sat in a different area of the WSU last night for a change and had Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Guardiola behind me critiquing the tactics, individual players etc etc all game.

Hilarious to listen, they started off raving about each individual player saying how much they liked them etc (at this point we were playing some lovely stuff)....by early 2nd half Evans's system had been fully analysed and found to be no good in addition to a breakdown of why each player was gash and not up to it! By full time they had redesigned the system for Steve and signalled their disapproval by booing the point we'd earned.

I'm sure their high level of football knowledge and expertise is put to use in their respective day jobs / household tasks - they should perhaps offer up some time to put on a training course for Steve and the players as they seemed to be clear on what needs to be done! :roll:

One line that made me smile was "When I used to play on a sunday, if it was wet, within a few touches id just adjust to the conditions and use it to my advantage".... I've played in Chad sunday league and I agree its no different to playing in League 2 pro football :lol:

Great post, brought a smile to my face here in sunny Mexico.
Glad I wasn't there. The attendance is worrying again though, and for those who go to Lincoln on Saturday it looks like you will witness a home atmosphere we can only dream of sadly.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 am

Keep it Simple wrote:
S7AGS wrote:I sat in a different area of the WSU last night for a change and had Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Guardiola behind me critiquing the tactics, individual players etc etc all game.

Hilarious to listen, they started off raving about each individual player saying how much they liked them etc (at this point we were playing some lovely stuff)....by early 2nd half Evans's system had been fully analysed and found to be no good in addition to a breakdown of why each player was gash and not up to it! By full time they had redesigned the system for Steve and signalled their disapproval by booing the point we'd earned.

I'm sure their high level of football knowledge and expertise is put to use in their respective day jobs / household tasks - they should perhaps offer up some time to put on a training course for Steve and the players as they seemed to be clear on what needs to be done! :roll:

One line that made me smile was "When I used to play on a sunday, if it was wet, within a few touches id just adjust to the conditions and use it to my advantage".... I've played in Chad sunday league and I agree its no different to playing in League 2 pro football :lol:

:
Glad I wasn't there. The attendance is worrying again though, and for those who go to Lincoln on Saturday it looks like you will witness a home atmosphere we can only dream of sadly.

And your point is?
The last couple of times we've been to Lincoln they only had atmosphere because of us, the home support was p poor.
Their 'bandwaggonners' will soon depart as their run levels out back to mediocrity!!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:

:

And your point is?
The last couple of times we've been to Lincoln they only had atmosphere because of us, the home support was p poor.
Their 'bandwaggonners' will soon depart as their run levels out back to mediocrity!!!

Hey, at least they've had some bandwagon jumpers. Our bandwagon is still rumbling around the streets of Mansfield and surrounding area empty.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 am

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:

:

And your point is?

Hey, at least they've had some bandwagon jumpers. Our bandwagon is still rumbling around the streets of Mansfield and surrounding area empty.

It's been done before youth, we have Forest, County even the Sheffield clubs on our doorstep they have err Murray's exciting Pilgrims, give it a rest you boring plank.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:10 pm

A quick scan round the attendances at most league games on Tuesdsy night shows some pretty poor crowds across the board.

Seems yer average casual fan has more sense than to go out in a monsoon to watch 22 overpaid bozos kick a ball about in a gale.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 pm

The bad weather obviously had an effect on the attendance. My view on the booing is that it is unnecessary and if it continues will drive SE away.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Amber Andy wrote:The bad weather obviously had an effect on the attendance. My view on the booing is that it is unnecessary and if it continues will drive SE away.

I agree, evo will think he's wasting his time if folk carry on booing when's it's not necessary or needed
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:The bad weather obviously had an effect on the attendance. My view on the booing is that it is unnecessary and if it continues will drive SE away.

I do fear for SE, if we don't win the champions league this year the fans are sure to turn against him.

Id like to know since when have the fan base ever demanded promotion in September? - for one its impossible.

Ask Exeter last year who near the bottom at Christmas almost went up in May, if you need a good start to the season. Our start has been steady and the negativity from some sections along with the booing is completely unjustified.

We're 3pts off 3rd place not bottom of the league.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Regarding the booing ...... I think it is important to understand the context:-
1. It was a small minority of fans.
2. It was more of a disappointment due to the over hype - rather than a reflection of a lack of effort by the players.
3. The team didn't deserve the boos. They tried hard in atrocious conditions. Wycombe played better than us on the night. We did well to keep a clean sheet and get a draw.
4. Support the team rather than boo them .... Confidence is key - it makes all the difference.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum