COMMENTARY LINK: SHEFF UTD GAME
Exclusive full match commentary from the One Call Stadium on Saturday for the game against Sheffield United will be on StagsPlayer/mansfieldtown.net.
Commentary from the One Call Stadium will be by Martin Shaw and Steve Hartshorn.
To subscribe to StagsPlayer, follow this link.
StagsPlayer costs £37.99 for 12 months. About 40% of this money goes to MTFC.
StagsPlayer subscribers will get commentary of all Stags home and away league and cup games, plus all friendlies.
Note that now we are back in the Football League, no commentary will be available anywhere else on the internet (for example, there will be no commentary on the BBC website this season).
StagsPlayer subscribers will also get video highlights of all league and cup games, plus as many friendlies as I can get the DVDs for.
Note that if you are a mobile or tablet user on an android operating system (eg. a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or a Samsung tablet), you can access StagsPlayer audio and video by first installing an old version of flash. Thank you to stagmanrob on the Stagsnet messageboard for the step by step instructions:
1. Go to "security" on your android phone/tablet. Put a tick in the check box in your settings labelled "Unknown sources" (basically this allows you to download 3rd party apps, not just ones from Google Play)
2. Download this archived version of flash player for android by tapping on this link http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/188.8.131.52/install_flash_player_ics.apk
(Note that this software comes from the official Adobe website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installing-flash-player-android-devices.html)
3. When the download completes, close your browser, open Notifications, tap install_flash_player.apk, and when prompted tap Install.
4. Flash player is now installed, and your browser should automatically play audio and video in flash.
5. Don't forget to change your security settings back.
Unfortunately, the above is not possible on an iphone or ipad.
FLi have not yet added Mansfield to the list of teams that is on the Football League app. Once that is done, mobile access to StagsPlayer will work on all mobile platforms. MTFC was originally told the app would be available two weeks ago, but they have now told us that they are rolling out a new app and they will not add us to the current app. So we'll have wait for the new app (hopefully no more than 2 weeks, but we're completely in their hands obviously).
For the past five years, during our time in the non-league wilderness, we have brought our supporters free and exclusive video content through our YouTube channel.
Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/video-malta-round-up-906874.aspx#YAp0CSI4K1GUoBWB.99
This has included extended match highlights, pre-and-post match interviews and other exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, which has given supporters a unique insight into life at One Call Stadium.
Videos on our YouTube channel have proved to be extremely popular, with highlights from our dramatic last-gasp win at Hereford United having already attracted over 3,500 views worldwide.
No other club in the non-league pyramid, who are within the Football League Interactive (FLI) umbrella, have provided a free service for their supporters.
However, due to restrictions that come with our long-awaited return to the Football League, it is now a mandatory requirement to charge a fee for audio/visual material on our club website.
Although we don't necessarily want to charge you, our supporters, for this service, we are legally obliged to do so.
Therefore, video content will be pay-per-view and made available through StagsPlayer.
In the 2013/14 campaign, as we make our eagerly-awaited return to the Football League, we aim to bring you the following exclusive content.
- Regular video interviews with our manager, Paul Cox.
- Views and opinion from numerous members of our first team squad.
- Regular behind-the-scenes footage of life at One Call Stadium.
- Extended highlights of every Mansfield Town first team match.
- Much, much more throughout the season.
In addition, Nigel Pinnick, Steve Hartshorn and Martin Shaw will continue their exclusive full-match commentary of every first team match home match on StagsPlayer. Our online broadcasting station will also be the only place to hear internet commentaries of away games.
StagsPlayer will be the only place where you can get comprehensive audio/video coverage of the club, as we embark on what we hope will be another monumental campaign for our side.
We are determined to enhance our audio/video coverage in the forthcoming campaign, so that you, our supporters, don't miss out on a single thing!
To subscribe to StagsPlayer, please click here.
Latest | July 2013